SubtleSam's First Grow Adventures

Gotta love those healthy fat leaves!
:v: :cowboy_hat_face:
I’m set to watch this one.

2 Likes

" I planned on flipping to flower tomorrow night. Opinions? "

1 Like

I say go for it, how old is plant? I see a day 23 pic so I’m assuming she is at least a month old. Really depends on how long you can wait, room you have( got to think about stretch with many strains).
More veg= more yield. It also means more time.
Good luck you will make right decision for you, looks like you are doing great.

2 Likes

She’s big enough, why not? But as @Brokehoe mentioned, more veg = more yield, just gotta think about the stretch and space considerations…

2 Likes

Not super worried about yield. This is primarily a learning experience, and extra grass on the side. Don’t have alot of room, so understanding how it all works first would be my best bet I think then I’ll become master of the bonsai lol. Day 1 of flower updated to original post

4 Likes

Just in case you haven’t found Mr. Sparkle’s log…
This is where you learn how to be ‘Master of the Bonsai’

He sets the bar rather high… :smile:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Thanks for that!! I’ll definitely be giving it a read. Skimmed over it a bit already :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First preflowers?! Getting hairy lol

3 Likes

Gave her a bit of a haircut. Tried to expose some of the bud sites. I’ll post pics when lights come on

2 Likes

if you can, try not cutting leaves off, it stunts the growth of the plant.
try just bending the leaves under the lower bud sites, it will work wonders and the more green the better photosynthasis and more energy for flowering. looks great, not tried that strain yet but it sounds great. good luck with your grow.
what height do you have to flower in before the lights get in the way and you have heat stress and burning problems?
you can say that the plant will double in size minimum with the streach

2 Likes

I’ve been tying the branches down since the first week of getting it, as I’ve been nervous about cutting leaves… But as they bunch up more and more, Im trying to avoid any rot/mold/mildew. Just going on the cautious side of things. Humidity is just a bit high (high 50’s peaked above 60 quite a few times) as we got a fair bit of rain recently, so trying to be preventative rather than reactive I have about 2-2.5 feet of room to the lights and using 2x 25 Watt led flood lamps. Haven’t seemed to burn anything yet, but I’ve been trying to adjust light a bit throughout to see what works. 3/4 of veg was spent under camera just so I could watch what was happening and how it reacts to certain things. And honestly just watching it breathe and move in time lapse is very interesting to me :slight_smile:

Also regarding stretching, what I’m hearing is the sour strawberry doesn’t stretch much, “if any” so I probably could have vegged a bit longer… But hey, it’s all about the journey right?

1 Like

ah right, im with you, best to be safe then sorry :ok_hand:

1 Like

If you squeeze the solo cup it will give you an idea of root mass. Better to have a little wiggleroom going into flower.

1 Like

I broke and was talked into not finishing up in the solo cup :stuck_out_tongue: seems I have some more room in my space, so let’s see.

I’m sure my roots will be happy

3 Likes

Coming up on week 3. I think I’ll be lollipopping a bit in a couple days. Not a whole bunch to chop off as it is. Updated with new pics. Flowers are developing well. It pretty much hasn’t stretched out much if at all. I was expecting more :slight_smile:
Seeing some starts of some rusty spots, so will up my cal-mag some

Congrats on the first grow! Nice little bush you have there.

1 Like

I’ve been working to bring my night time temps down a bit to bring some color, from 82-83°F in the day to 73-74 °F at night
Keeping humidity 45-50% spike at 55% at times, but not seeing any issues

Was having an issue with some soil gnats. I think I bettered my watering routine a bit, and haven’t really seen any more, so far as of about a week now

1 Like

Now have a separate bigger veg space. Working on upgrading flowering area. :slight_smile: work in progress.

1 Like

Day 57 (Week 5):

Accidentally brushed up on one of the buds. Smells great. Fruity. Citrus. Funk. :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Looks great my friend! Very nicely done

1 Like