First Grow - Here We Go - SPACE.U beans

Not sure where to start…

As my supply of XJ-13, Pineapple Jack, & Key Lime keep dwindling, I have decided to start an indoor garden and got a 4’x4’ Gorilla grow tent, 6" Covert carbon filter, Air Cooled 600w MH/HPS light, 6" inline fan,& 6" Ventilation Fan for when I go into flowering.

Germination & veg will take place in a decent sized closet. Today I have 4-60w screw in LED bulbs to get started with and hopefully in the next couple weeks will find or build another 150-250w LED light to get me through veg. Starting with 12 beans which soaked in water overnight. 6 went into jiffy peat pellets & 6 went into 1" rockwool starter cubes. Beans were gifted to me by @99PerCent to whom I am indebted. More to follow.

23 Likes

Hey man, good luck. This is the perfect place to start. Can’t wait to see these babies grow. What growing medium will you be using?

4 Likes

Those are some nice looking seeds. I’m guessing 100% germination!

4 Likes

Go @SkyDog

This is an uncharted part of the sky!

Space Candy was the female and Miss Universe x Harlequin was the male. Off Spring should be all over the chart.

Wish them luck!

99%

10 Likes

I thought the same thing. Very mature and well marbled. I’m stoked!

To infinity and beyond! HaHa I did hold a few beans back just in case I do something stupid this run. With my limited knowledge and experience I thought it best. Did I say, I’m stoked!

5 Likes

Not to worry.

Each of these jars holds over 500 beans. All going as gifts this week.

26 Likes

I got some Fox Farms Coco Loco that I’m going to mix with some Perlite.

4 Likes

Haha, its like you and I are having a silent competition on who can send out more beans. I think you are winning, but I’m in a close second!

14 Likes

It is more that we have a similar dream of making this plant be as common place as crab grass.

I love the spirit too.

99%

11 Likes

Amazing tiger stripes on those beans!!

2 Likes

Yeah I gotta agree with both of you @99PerCent and @ReikoX. Without you guys I wouldn’t have the grow I have going now and the near future as well. I’m sure your genes will be a staple in my gardens for some time to come. :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

7 Likes

Got some space planted i got from @99PerCent

4 Likes

Three beans popped overnight. Can’t wait to see what’s happening when I get back to check on them tonight!

6 Likes

He is a great, big hearted guy. He got me started too.

You are both awesome. Beans and knowledge to help green the planet. :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Got a total of 6-7 straws from @99PerCent over 50 beans planted them all.

I took the names off them.

4 Likes

Today’s Update - All 6 beans in rockwool have popped. Still waiting for action in the peat pellets.

6 Likes

You should put them closer to the lights

4 Likes

Yes, I agree. My wife went in and turned off the lights (making it pitch black) and I didn’t realize it until the next day. I put them next to a window where they will get lots of light today. Hopefully that will work. I also have 4 - 13W screw in LED’s that I can use but I was concerned about getting them too hot until they got a little stronger. It’s a learning experience for me and I appreciate the feedback. Hoping all the knowledge in OG will save me some troubles. Again, I appreciate the info!

3 Likes

This cheap camera has a decent macro mode

8 Likes

Damned peat pucks.

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

1 Like