First grow in 5 years

Hey overgrow,
This is going to be my first grow in about five years. Before that I owned a dispensary and 8000 ft.² warehouse in Colorado in 2009 to 2012. back then I did huge plants in 7 gallon DWC buckets. Now I’m doing small plants in 6 inch rockwool cubes. This is going to be fun.

Tech has changed in the industry and I’m excited to use some of it.

I’m doing 4 Dimlux 1000 watt de’s in a 8x8x9 gorllia tent. I haven’t grown in a tent since high school, but for my current situation, it makes sense.

6 Likes

Right on, i bet you’re grinning ear to ear. Peeking at seedbanks like a 13 year old peeking at playboy!

3 Likes

Welcome back to the game…

2 Likes

Yes! I could look at seedbanks all day. I’m running clones this round, I just picked up some Double Tangie Banana and some Dosidos. I did just get some Rocky Dennis seeds from Cannarado. It’s a very special DJ Shorts FLO Cut crossed with BOG sourbubble.

1 Like

Hah, Dosido… I was looking at those a few months ago, I passed on those… the name was kinda goofy, now I hear its fire.

2 Likes

Definitely fire. I’m pretty sure it is a Girl Scout Cookie pheno, but I could be wrong.

1 Like

Hahha, I got plenty o cookies… Good luck with the grow :slight_smile: I’ll be watching… See what i missed out on with Dosido.

1 Like

RO set-up with UV filter

Dimlux 1000 Watt DE’s, I have never grown with DE’s before and I’m interested to see what they are capable of. Hopefully the heat is manageable.

Building the drip system.

3 Likes

Looking solid, should be exciting. I grew Flo twelve or thirteen years ago. It was a nice, fast finishing, cerebral sativa. I got it from the Berkley coop. Those were some fun times.

2 Likes

Nice, I’m running a 1kw DE solis tec for my clients medi grow. in a 6x6 My only thought is all those ballasts in there adding to heat inside the tent. We stripped the reflector off and it really helped with cooling, but I guess DE are supposed to run hot.

3 Likes

Wow. Exactly, tech and industry has changed… But our passions remain! :slight_smile:

Last time I’ve tried Sour Bubble from BOG it was very tasty smoke (for those who prefer fruity and sour tastes), but in my eyes it was at the expense of yield. It had very small (but dense) buds on sparse bud sites, not compact cola even on the main top. I hope you have seen that Rocky Dennis before (I don’t know about this strain). Sour Bubble was connoisseurs choice for those who prefer high quality and can sacrifice yield. I was amazed that cannabis can produce this smell and taste (it was like no other strain), bud would choose another BOG’s strain next time.

Good luck!

4 Likes

I was reading up on Rocky Dennis, it is Sour Dubble x Colorado FLO cross not sour bubble, I’m sorry.
Sour Dubble is BOG sour dubble x sour diesel. So maybe that will help with the yield.

I’m really looking for a FLO leaning pheno, I grew DJ Shorts FLO in Colorado 2010-2012. The best smoke I have ever grown! I’m pretty sure Cannarado uses the same cut that my dispensary sold thousands of clones around CO in that time frame. I got the clone from a grower in Creste Butte, that had been growing the same clone for over 20 years. He was one of the first growers with the original Chem Dawg when it hit the scene a long time ago.

The smell on the FLO was amazing, it made some of the best tasting concentrates. I could never sell anything else in the dispensary (beside the blueberry cut that he also had). That smell sells itself!

I am excited to try it out. It is going to be a while until I pop the seeds, I haven’t set up my veg room yet and I’m going to run the double tangie banana and dosido clones I got.

3 Likes

Ohh, I see… Good luck with that… It really should be “terpene bomb” :slight_smile: … Sometimes great smell doesn’t translate at all into taste when smoked, but with that Sour Bubble BX3 it definitely was there, so I’d expect your Rocky Dennis to be something really tasty! Please keep us posted!

1 Like

Setting up the flora flex caps on 6x6 pargo cubes, it’s been a while since I’ve grown in rockwool

Finally got the babies in a couple days ago

4 Likes

I remember toó the green Oaxacan’s genotype of Flo as one of the 2 best Sativa hybrids from Seed Bank I never tested… Whithe grapes mermelade/flowers(n a little of hash) favor n the HOG high… Purple Flo was more hash/earth/berrys n nothing special psicoactivity…

2 Likes

2 weeks into flower and the stretch on. The Dosidos is real!!! Lol

Uploading…

1 Like

Try again. Ha! Ha! :relaxed:

Lol

3 Likes

What genotipe showed your Flos cut? It was more green or more purple in buds during floration?
Best wishes with your “The Returns” new grow. I see yare going to take a good&sweet revenge of your long years inactivity…

Btw, Skunk is Acapulco Gold X Colombian Red x Afghani Mazar-i-Sharif ,I think…