Curse of the hulk

Yeah, shes just now starting to finish. She will bulk up, the pistols will receed, and put on more frost as she enters into senescence.

5 Likes

What im seeing is direct result of foliar sprays too far into flower, some people do it, Iā€™m one that doesnā€™t understand itā€¦

Early pistil death due to damage from being sprayed is all i seeā€¦ no nanners, just water leaves that arenā€™t as green as they should be

4 Likes

Otherwise sheā€™s just finishing up by looks

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know foliar spraying caused damage. SMHā€¦ I was trying to help the suspected magnesium deficiency. I wonā€™t foliar spray ever again if it causes damage.

2 Likes

So much to learn, not enough time to learn it as fast as I wantā€¦

1 Like

My next run will be a little better. Iā€™ve already bought the soilā€¦ preloaded with nutrients, so my newbie ass doesnā€™t over fertilize.

1 Like

Iā€™m still seeing new white pistils, but itā€™s getting there. As far as the foliar, you need to do it in the dark.

3 Likes

This is my lights out time. I run the lights from 6pm until 6 am and then lights off from 6 till 6. Although I did not know you are supposed to do it in dark. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Looks like youā€™ve been spraying something on them? Judging by the residue and the burnt looking pistils.

At first glance it looks hermie as hell but I donā€™t see any for sure nanners or other signs of staminate growth. Just a stressed out looking flower.

Keep on trucking, looks finished soon either way and dank as hell.

4 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve been spraying a solution of 1 and 1/2 tablespoons per gallon solution to try and fix a deficiency of magnesium.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s way too much IMO. 1/4 teaspoon per gallon is plenty.
:+1::seedling:

6 Likes

Now this is just my opinion and thereā€™s a lot of varying opinions on the matter, but spraying anything on your plants this late in flower is a high risk endeavor.

But of course do your thing, foliars can work great for fixing deficiencies especially for plants with root problems but they certainly are a hell of a lot of work.

5 Likes

I was just trying to fix a deficiency cause leaves are curling up. If the consensus is I shouldnā€™t spray, then I darn sure wonā€™t lol. Is it your opinion that I shouldnā€™t spray and just add some Epsom salt to the watering? I have been adding it the last 3 times maybe 4. I just didnā€™t notice an improvement. Thatā€™s when I started foliar spraying. @TrevorLahey

2 Likes

How long has the issue been happening? How major was it? Our plants tend to fade and use less nutrients as they reach their end of cycle. Trying to micromanage feed issues late in flower has in my experience always proved to be detrimental to my grow.

If itā€™s a mag issue I would continue with adding Epsom to your water and feed, Epsom salts have a much slower uptake than say a product designed to treat these issues like Cal/Mag so you may not see results for a while.

3 Likes

It took about 2 weeks if I remember correctly for Diana to benefit from the application I gave her. Now I have to say other than the burns of days past there isnā€™t any deficiency in sight.

Iā€™m with @TrevorLahey give it time to show you how well you did

2 Likes

@TrevorLahey the issue has been happening about 2 weeks, a little less. I just thought she wasnā€™t responding, neglecting the fact I know nothing Epsom salt and plants really. I have googled and read some but this is my first experience with them. Iā€™ll give it some LITFA for now. Thanks guys. I appreciate it everyone!

3 Likes

@Brandon7467

Foliar feeding is a valuable technique which corrects nutrient deficiencies very quickly.
It is the fastest way to ā€œgreen upā€ your plants.
However, I do not think it is advisable to foliar feed once plants are flowering.
The risks far outweigh any potential rewardsā€¦PM and bud blight do not need any help getting a toe-hold on your girls.

I have never grown with LEDS (except the cheapie screw in bulbs, used only for seed starting).
But I have never had any problems with spraying my plants at anytime under the sun or under my HIDs 1000W and lower. I have never seen plants being burned with direct sun or HIDs after liberally spraying for foliar feeding, or rinsing off with water.
I prefer spraying my plants with lights on or sun out because it speeds up evaporation and drying.

Good luck!

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip @Calyxander. Iā€™ll stop with that then. The consensus is no good for flowering. @MomOnTheRun, @Meesh and someone else I think have suggested I not. Im going to listen. The last thing id want is for it to mold. So, thanks everyone. Oh and it finally hit me what the deficiency is, zinc. At least I believe it to be because I never use tap water and a picture my friend sent me showed it. Iā€™ll post that when I can find it in my picsā€¦ hereā€™s tonightā€™s pics.

4 Likes

I found the pic my friend sent me, thought Iā€™d share itā€¦

5 Likes

When I used an RO machine in soil I had nothing but problems. I donā€™t even ph my water anymore to be honest. I just fill a 5 gallon bucket with tap water and leave it out to evaporate the chlorine. A lot of folks here focus a lot here on ph. I grow outdoors in soil and have not had an issue whatsoever even though my tap water is hella acidic the soil tends to buffer it. Iā€™m not saying ph isnā€™t important but itā€™s not as much of a factor as it is in hydro or coco or something.

5 Likes