Baltimore's Multi-strain Bonanza

What if you use air pots? Is it the same if you air prune?

1 Like

It has to do with the tap root (something only a seed has). Once it can no longer go deeper, the plant stops growing taller. In this example, I planted directly above the previous plantā€™s rootball. The tap root couldnā€™t penetrate it and stunted it.

4 Likes

No, quite the opposite actually. If you let the soil dry out a bit before doing it itā€™s much easier to bend and manipulate things. When wet they tend to snap off.

And dont be scared itā€™s pretty simple youd be surprised how much you can do and they wont really give a damn.

I let the soil dry out, I decide where I want the flop point to be, and which direction and I gently pinch and crush the stem, and gently flop it over.

As long as you dont like break it clean off youā€™ll be fine. Iā€™m not gentle when I do it and I havent had a break since the first time I tried it (I didnt know about the crushing part)

8 Likes

Haha youā€™re gunna think Iā€™m fuckin mental suggesting this but Iā€™ve done it. If the stem is that hard that you canā€™t pinch it over with your fingersā€¦ get the pliers bro.

Awful crop job but the reason theyā€™re there is I couldnā€™t pinch a stem :rofl: it was genuinely that hard. Gotta do what ya gotta do bro :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

There are many ways to dry and cure. A lot of it depends on your environment. I can tell you what I do.

First step is to dry the plant. The idea here is to get it dry enough to jar slowly over a 7-10 day period. It should be a cool, dark environment, with a bit if airflow.

Depending on how humid it is, I may choose to wet trim or dry trim. If it is humid and I fear mold, I will trim wet. I think trimming wet is easier because the leaves are still turgid and sticking out. The downside to wet trimming is the buds can dry too fast and lock in that hay smell. If it is dry (usually the case), I like to remove the big fan leaves and dry like that so it doesnt dry too fast.

Once they have been hanging for 7-10 days the outside of the buds should be crispy and the stem should have a slight snap. If I didnā€™t wet trim, I will finish trimming them. Next I cut the buds off into jars about 3/4 full, add a small hydrometer (link below) to the jar, and seal it for 8-12 hours.

To cure in the jar, I like to shoot for 60-65% RH. Every 8-12 hours I open the jars and check the RH. If its 75% or higher, I will take them out of the jars and put them in paper bags for the next 8-12 hours. If the RH is 65ā€75% I will leave the lid off the jar for 20-30 minutes. If the RH is 55-65% I just put the lid back on. If the RH drops below 55% RH, itā€™s too dry and wont cure properly, you can add a humidity pack to help it out a bit.

Once it stabilizes at 60-65% RH, it is smokable, if not the most flavorful. I seal the jar and leave it for a month or two. Sometimes I will add a humidity pack for long term storage or if I plan to press it for rosin.

8 Likes

I love that you called it ā€œgrassā€! Now thatā€™s oleskool!

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Thats what I use, as I have no strength in my gingers, little pinch with some pliers takes all the effort out of it.

5 Likes

My gingers always get sticky. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I hate auto correct.

4 Likes

Ayyyā€¦I got a couple of those already. Cool man. They sell mason lid jar sized Bovedas for a buck a piece and I have a ton of pill bottle sized 2 ways. I dried in the past in brown bags, but like you said if that chlorophyll smell sets in your fucked. There nothing worse than larf tasting grass. Iā€™d rather like you said knock the big stuff then let it dry a bit first.

2 Likes

Itā€™s slyck talk around here. I get big dimes of loud off of certain corners. Say ay dawg I need 2 bags of grass. Has a nice ring. :sunglasses: Cool daddy o. Lol @oleskool830 knows how to hook up.

I havenā€™t grabbed off a corner in six months. Gang beefs flare Iā€™m the summer nights bad. Itā€™s time to head on out of here.

2 Likes

Far out! ā€œGrass for $10 a lid!ā€

3 Likes

Back when I was a young man, we could roll into a new town, never having been there and score some ā€œgrassā€ in a couple of hours. Networking!

3 Likes

Absolutely. Whenever I move I hit the local watering hole. Usually have it there. In GA they call it Krippie or GA Pine. Those are some local strains from the blue ridge and Appalachians. I had a couple friends in Tennessee, shiners and growers. If your not from there you can get trashed real quickly. I had good ol boys talk in shit lol. Iā€™m game.

Couple of forgotten side buds.

Golf balls of frost. My hid scorched everything. Itā€™s recouped nice. It deffinitely affected my yield. Some are a month out easily still.

Poor auto stuffed down in there. Neglected. Not for long. Hans solo hereā€¦

The old ladies tripping tonite. Gotta go.

So more environmental issues being solved. Close to getting it dialed in and knowing when to back off or when theyā€™re lacking. Some window black out covered a slight crink in my exhaust. It was causing hot air to back out only to be recirculated. I fixed it tonite. The slack is coming off in the am. Temps outside broke but it was noticeably hotter inside. Finally shut the led down for this grow. They need to cool down. Mimic an end to summer and cool them. Keep the rh down. Itā€™s been good.

6 Likes

Been a productive day. Took the slack out of my exhaust line. The crink bad it backing up lot. 87Ā° for a couple days Finally cut the led off and centered the Hidā€¦Moved the fan to the top. I figured heat rises. Let it suck it off the top. Pics gents

ā€¦

12 Likes

All my plants are starting to show deficiencies where the leaves are yellowing with Rusty spots on them that is almost like itā€™s hot iron deficiency Iā€™m not sure the Northern Lights pulled out of it. The plant in the back has such a potassium deficiency the stems are purple the leaves are gnarled and dead and now that I hit it with some fertilizer new Bud growth is growing out of old butt growth if that makes sense.

I donā€™t know what the best way to handle these other than just fertilized water fertilized see where it goes. It has nice trich bud coverage for the little buds where big colas should be, the lower branches seem less affected maybe the heat had a lot to do with it as well?

2 Likes

Dont panic, its a cal/mag and or potassium deficiency, or the plants are dying off, in the last couple of weeks they will have leaves do this, as the plant dies, it seems easier for them to take nutrients from the leaves, than drag it up from the soil. Buds are looking good.

3 Likes

By the looks of the buds in the pics I would start avoiding adding any nutrients to them and just feed them straight phā€™d water with maybe a little epson salts and H2O2ā€¦

5 Likes

Idk i see no signs of ripening yet on that plant. Colas everywheres but not ripening yet. Im telling you that last 2week swell is bs. People are bs on that. Swell usually stops dead in its tracks n starts ripening. Ive always had no swell at all past week 6-7. At the end every strain ive run stops swell. Swell hits hard for 2-3 weeks max then they idle like nothing happening n ripen over those last weeks.
Just my experience though but on over 10strains now same exact deal. I never see last weeks swell. Never. I rocked gc 11weeks flower on the indica leaner. Swell stopped at week 8. Started week 5. Weeks 8-11 was just getting cleaned up n ripening. I went amber on those trichs n never will again. Plants were beautiful
stupid sticky and smelled amazing
but the smoke was trash.
Thats the nl right? She still got a min. Dont expect crazy swell over what you see now. It wont happen. Theyll get denser n start eipening soon.
Im noticing No red hairs on nl. Pollen didnt get her?

Yeah the NL for real is just adding a bit of weight. I had to wrap a couple colas around some twine, its getting beefy. I cut my led and pushed it off to the side. I need to take it out clean the glass before tragedy happens lol. Na I ran into a severe deficiency or too much, stems up top are exhibiting full on burgundy/purple. I figured thatā€™s what happened.

Yeah the NL got a sprinkle of pollen. Thereā€™s some red hairs but Iā€™m not planning on selling any so I did right. Ran some different strains under different conditions. Iā€™m gonna have you help me build some soil on a tarp or mix it in a couple clean trash cans.

The MG soil just gets out a wack. Especially with no amendments and throwing fertilizers at random times for the heck of it killed me. I need something to water on the regular. The h202 seemed to help a lot. Epsom snapped the NL right back. That strain takes abuse like more daddy.

The 2 in the back are the same strain side by side. One is perfect. Golf ball solid frosted colas. Theyā€™re still swelling. I believe theyā€™re all still swelling. After the stretch they stood still then the swell began. No stoppage just yet. What I was getting at. The one plant that lets just say is damaged. I noticed new bug growth from the buds with red hairs. Like they stunted then new growth with the ā€œswellā€.

No red hairs on the NL. I see this one is exhibiting sativa qualities. Still got a sec. I took the loop de loop out of the exhaust hose. Things are ironed out now. I found a happy medium. I have to get my soil and feed down. I been keeping my ph a little higher. Right about 6.4 it rocks to 6.35 to 6.45. Iā€™d like to know what my runoff if. Shoulda got a meter with ec ppm and whatnot.

My bagseed got pollinated. Who knows maybe Iā€™ll label all the crosses and run them on a rainy day. Itā€™s all good. Still mostly all white pistils. Iā€™m like go baby go. Iā€™ll have a grip of NL. My lungs are already black. Iā€™m snatching clones then Iā€™m gonna up pot the mom and keep it under 12/12. I dunno what else to do.

Cut the line. Straight headers now. Airflow is way better.

2 Likes