How dare you leave out Aloe!:grin:

2 Likes

aw man. if you can forage aloeā€¦ you lucky mother fuckerXD hahahaha

1 Like

I have six around my front and back yard.:grinning:

2 Likes

ā€¦ i just started a a jealousy over you :wink:

2 Likes

+1 for vermicompost, or EWC. Iā€™d put a layer of that on the top at incorporated at least 2 inches into the pot and 1 inch on the top and a layer with a mulch, water with a commercial inoculant if possible, but not necessary.

PK is a tricky thing, it binds up tightly with soil, and it can be there but hard to move without microbe activityā€¦ Even monsanto realized this and now offers microbe inoculants based off of Penicillium bilaiae for PK release.

Vermicompost is the prefered choice over hot compost (Jeff Lowenfells) I had the chance to talk to him in person and the enzymes and other excretions from worm activity makes PK 7 to 8 times more available in the soil.

4 Likes

Thanks again for all the info. Looks like a trip to the hydro shop is in orderā€¦

3 Likes

Steer clear of them hydroshop workers. They dont know shitXD

2 Likes

I flushed them three times and they look better. Donā€™t seem like theyā€™ve grown any in the past week though.

Give them a few days to recover. If you havenā€™t fed in a week a weak bloom feed my be in order. Donā€™t go crazy though.:relaxed:

1 Like

Should i wait till they need water?

Yes. They look good so nothing is wrong. You flushed a lot so the soil is going to be barren of nutrients. A weak feeding when the pots are light will make sure you are covered, and you are going to use a bloom fertilizer i am assuming. Not a high nitrogen fertilizer.

1 Like

Ok thanks. Yeah, I bought fox farm bloom nutrients, donā€™t remember the exact name.

2 Likes

You would be wise to also look into using beneficial bacteria! I use Recharge because itā€™s convenient and easy, but Iā€™ve also used home brewed Heisenberg Tea, Sweet Mycos Tea and I think a few other other products and they give me the same great results.

1 Like

Iā€™ll have to check it out. Can i get it at the grow shop?

1 Like

Not necessarily Recharge, but they will definitely have something on hand. Just ask what they have for Beneficial Bacteria. Find out if itā€™s a just add water and inoculate, or is there a tea that needs to be made. Actually, HERE is a great read on the subject, though the article is 7 years old now, so some of the products might be difficult to come by. But after reading the opening post in that thread, youā€™ll be much better informed and will know better how to ask your grow shop the right questions.

4 Likes

Ya can use beneficical bacterias & fungus (like micorrizas). At least here ya can buy it in Grow Shops or Garden&Agicole storesā€¦

3 Likes

Looks like Iā€™ll have to hit the grow shop again. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

You are four or five weeks in so i wouldnā€™t spend a lot right know. Your plants look good even with less than optimal inputs. Which nute did you buy? What is already in it?
You can add beneficial bacteria and fungus but they need time to multiply and breakdown your soil to build networks or excrete enzymes to be useful. You will be almost done by the time they are helping. Transplant is when you want to add mykos to your roots. (literally on the outside of your rootball) Nitrogen fixing bacteria do better added during transplant. A compost tea would be good right now but the compost you buy is usually half dormant from bad environments. Cruise thru this grow and plan for your next one. Take time to choose your actions with forethought.

Edit: I reread and realized that this sounded preachy. Sorry about that, have fun with your grow.:grin:

6 Likes

http://foxfarmfertilizer.com/index.php/item/big-bloom-liquid-plant-food.html
Iā€™m definitely going to plan my next grow better.

Didnā€™t sound preachy to me, itā€™s cool.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never used it. Hopefully somebody will chime in if it will be enough for a full bloom cycle. It has good stuff for replenishing your soil however, and rock phosphate.