First journal

Hello, I joined a few months ago but life hit me hard and I hadn’t had much free time to comment or post anything. Well I guess now is better than never so here is my background. I grew up in the mountains and there wasn’t much to do around that part of the world besides hang out with friends and smoke weed. I never really tried to grow when I was younger, being content with the stuff I got from friends but as I got older the people I knew that grew either stopped doing it or got busted or died or whatever and my sources of cannabis dwindled. So about 5 years ago I got a medical card when my state allowed it but after paying high prices for mediocre subpar flower I started to do some research and try to learn to grow my own. When I first started out I was really bad at it and almost gave up a few times and then had a really good grow and thought I was good and then proceeded to follow that up with two shitty grows so its a pretty humbling hobby but here I am pushing on trying my best to grow something that even remotely resembles the quality stuff I had growing up. So far I have had a lot of ups and downs on my grow journey. I started out growing auto flowers thinking it would be easier to start with autos and I think I made a bad decision and should’ve just started with photos because I grew some of the smallest most pathetic plants you could imagine. After that I decided to try some photos and had some better luck but still was growing ugly looking plants. I thought it was the nutrients and read up on organics and went way overboard and gave it tons of supplements and teas and and all kinds of crap and it was just overkill. I did eventually figure out that less is better than more and I switched to synthetics after having better luck after trying some bottled nutrients and eventually settled on jacks using promix hp with some added silica and I’m finally starting to grow plants that don’t suck. On the current grow I have 1 CSI Humboldt 79 Xmas bud and 1 Solfire Gardens Bahama Mama. In the veg tent I have 2 Strayfox Hollywood Daydream and 2 Bohdi Sundance. I will post some pics later when I get some more time.

31 Likes

Welcome! Looking forward to your pics and reports @Costanza

5 Likes

You hung in there, that’s the mark of a Grower. Now ya just need more education and you’ll be off and running.

You found the right place…

6 Likes

@Costanza That’s awesome brother! Great read! Don’t give up thats all I can say. It’s a bit tricky in the beginning there is a lot to take in and a lot going on that you don’t understand yet. It comes full circle before you know it and stuff you were goofing up in becomes 2nd nature! You’ve came to a great place to read, learn, and share and I reccommend you do just that and always be looking to do better. Set goals you can easily achieve and document stuff! A lot ive learned is from my own fuck ups and I frequently look back at screenshots or written down notes to remind myself why I do things a certain way. Lastly and most importantly! Don’t let things get ya down. It’s a big learning curve for someone new but the reward in the end is worth it! Keep up the good work I look forward to seeing some of your work of heart!

8 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome here are some pics
in the veg tent the taller two are Blissful wizard bx1, the 2 smaller ones are hollywood pure kush x sunshine daydream, and the 2 with the domes on top are Bohdi Sundance.
In the flower tent the taller lady in the back is a bahama mama and the short bushy girl up front is my lone female from the 4 79 xmas bud seeds I grew out over the summer. They never really grew tall, even after vegging them out for 2 months they’re squat little bushes but it sucks that I only got one fem out of the bunch I was hoping for at least 2.

10 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

Looking good!! Hollywood Daydream sounds exciting. Best of luck with them!

2 Likes

Yeah that pack is intriguing. Its a strayfox freebie pack from what I was told and after digging up as much info as I could find it appears to be strays butter pheno of ssdd so I’m super excited to grow them. I was hunting for a pack of bohdi’s sunshine 4 and was gonna settle on AK Beans sunshine4/Ghash and this pack of hollywood was sent to me as a pity present when I had to cancel the order due to my tv breaking and leaving me broke. I’m gonna call those 2 the charity plants hahaha

2 Likes

They weren’t freebies. I missed out on those HPK crosses myself. Sucked. Haha Those were ten fems for $100 I believe.

2 Likes

oh wow holy shit I was wondering that because the only thing I could find were regular packs for sale and nothing on freebies, this guy called them freebies. He must have really felt sorry for me I was having a horrible day my tv broke the same week as my basement drain clogged up and I was dealing with a plumbing nightmare and then the tv fried and I said sorry buddy I cant buy those seeds from you anymore life hit me hard. I guess its nice to know there are some cool people out there but now it just makes me want to pay it forward so if I ever see anyone that is in need of seeds I will be glad to donate some

4 Likes
2 Likes

A couple pics of bahama mama at day 35 and Xmas bud at day 50

7 Likes

Next batch up 4 black triangle ( triangle kush x 88hp and 4 Endor Score ( Apollo 11g x Wookie)

3 Likes

I must say I’m really enjoying growing in coco for the first time. These seedlings are growing like weeds. Just transplanted the black triangles into 2 gal pots and the Endor score are growing 2nd sets of leaves.

4 Likes

Looking good! What brand coco are you using? Dehydrated or rehydrated? I personally use canna coco coir dehydrated bricks

First time growing in coco and I was nervous about screwing up so I spent the extra cash on a coco/perlite mix the brand is envelor. Next time around I’m gonna save money and get the bricks

Yeah thats what I did at first used the mother earth 70/30 hydrated mix. Worked really well just way too expensive compared to the bricks. When you get the bricks some say to wash and buffer them. I personally never wash the bricks and ive never seen any issues from it. I do rehydrate (buffer) with jacks 321 and an extra 30-50 ml of cal mag per 5 gal batch. Let’s see I just transplanted the other day and 1 brick will get you close to 6 gal rehdrated. 2 bricks per bundle and I like to get the 4 packs off amazon. If you get the largest amount (8 bundles) then the price is way more expensive (maybe $40-$50) so I get 2 4 packs and save on money. I’m sure grow shops have them but there isn’t any close by to me that do. I took some screenshots for price comparison on 2 4 packs vs 1 8 pack of canna coco coir

1 Like

Great not only is it a Monday my least favorite day of the week but it’s also a shit day luckwise. That was a fast 60 bucks to find out my luck is shit LOL

4 Likes

Brutal, but at least you’re not raising three males or their month or two before you know. Now you can pop something else and get going on another try. Best of luck on getting females next!!

Edit: The Mother Earth bricks of coco are good quality. 5kg for $23. I just toss it in a plastic tote, spray it down with feed from the res, let it sit, break and fluff it all up.

1 Like