First legal grow

Well the day finally came and Ohio let’s us legal grow. Well that’s fine by me so I thought I would start a small grow. Lot of first for me . LED light , exhaust, new seed breeder untried seeds , all organic live soil , you know bat shit and all. I suppose not the best way to start a grow, doing everything different. Used light indoors in the past to get them big enough for outdoor planting , you know plant and run don’t come back only to harvest sort of thing. It can work. Now it’s all different, small learning curve but doable. Got some Twenty20 varieties growing right now ,another first. Looking real good but a bit confusing, have 2 plants that should go in another 30 to 40 days according to breeder. They look ready now or any day now not 30 days from now. Set to flower March 24, milky for last week to 10 days. Only a hint of lite amber extremely low percentage. When I say milky that’s understatement I should say crusty. I guess it’s not a bad problem to have just doesn’t make sense, I don’t see how I could have caused this by something I did in error. I hope I can post a couple of pics.

11 Likes

Pics would be helpful.

5 Likes

Learning ,

8 Likes

Not even 30 days yet, 2 strain that the pictures show are suppose to go to 60 to 70 days. I mean I shouldn’t complain they look good but . So early.

1 Like

You’ve definitely got a couple weeks to go! Thanks for the pics, man. And welcome to the scene! :love_you_gesture:t2::purple_heart: Looks like perhaps your soil mix was a little hot or you’ve got some pH issues happening. Have you been doing nutrients or water only? Looking good

1 Like

Zoom in these buds are crusty.

1 Like

RO water , kelp me, monster bud organic bud booster. Tried a few things to fix the purple to no avail. Also some boogie brew.

1 Like

Soil was happy frog/ ocean, strawberry field on bottom

You have a few weeks to go minimum if I had to guess.Have you found any bananas or male pollen sacks?

Hallo and GL on the grow! I have just done a run very similar to yours, it doesn’t seem to be a massive problem for your plants, but at some point you might want to add some calmag granules and wash with 10Gallons of water (thats like 35L right?).

You can get them for very cheap as ‘all purpose lawn chalk’, make sure to check if it also contains magnesium.

This will flush any nute toxicity, balance soil acidity with the chalk, and prevent and calmag deficiencies!

Cheers,
eS🍹

Yes fo und a couple male sacks one 1 plant very low hadn’t opened yet it was an S1 seed to start with.

You’re plants are pollinated, they aren’t close to being finished. That’s why the buds look the way they do.

You’re only a couple weeks in and the pistils are already shriveling, that’s why I asked about the sacks and bananas

For comparison this is one of my plants a few days after pollen started dropping in the tent.

I’m only going off pictures and the info provided, I could be wrong, but that’s what I think is happening.

I haven’t found any seeds yet, but I haven’t tried to open them. It’s certainly possible have not seen any tell tale dust in dirt on leaves on floor of garden. I guess I need to open up a bud for a close look. I do know there are like grabbing toes there are solid.

Yea, it takes time for seeds to form and they look to have been pollinated fairly recently, I wouldn’t expect there to be seeds yet.
Like I said I could be wrong, but that’s kind of what it looks like to me.

‘Waiting for flowers to ripen’ is one of the hardest parts of growing.
That ‘waiting’ is easier if you have a couple of pounds laying around from a previous grow.
Good luck with it.

1 Like

Will look into this. Thanks for your input ! It’s making more sense now.

Thanks for the info did find 4 seeds . Cut off 3 smaller bud to try, will see if seeded. Again thanks for the heads up