First Official Grow - KIS Biochar + LEDS + Mephisto Autos

Hello everyone! I used to lurk this site daily over a decade ago when I first became obsessed with this magical plant. I would spend hours a day, reading different diaries, and then go to school, spending my time there drawing up different grow box ideas. LOL Had two tiny grows, that never made it to harvest.

This is my first official grow and I plan on doing it right.

Here’s my setup:

• Timber 600w CXB3590 4x4
  • 4 ft x 4 ft x 6.8 ft tent
  • 4 inch intake and 4 inch exhaust
  • KIS Biochar water only soil
  • 12 seed clover mix from buildasoil as my cover crop
  • european nightcrawlers

As far as nutrients goes, I’m only going to be feeding with aloe, coconut water, a few compost teas and possibly a top dress with buildasoil’s craft blend.

Genetics, I chose Mephisto, due to the overwhelming amount of good reviews I read. I picked two sweet n sour, and two strawberry nuggets to germ, but only 3/4 popped, so I popped another Ghost Toof.

We’re on day 14 for The Sweet n Sours and Strawberry Nuggets, while on day 7 for the Ghost Toof

Temps are steady at 77-82F, and RH has been 65-70%, while on 24/7 light schedule.

I ran into some slight leaf curling due to the intensity of the CXB3590’s so I raised them to about 34 inches.

Hope ya’ll like what you see :wink:

Sweet N Sours

Strawberry Nuggets

Ghost Toof

Group

25 Likes

Looks like you are off to a good start. :thumbsup: :seedling:

6 Likes

Thanks dude! Hopefully it goes this well til harvest!

5 Likes

It seems that the Kelvin rating of light is 3500K.

4 Likes

The light is actually 3000k. Got it a few years ago, this is the first time it’s getting used lol

5 Likes

A very nice and careful set up :smirk:

3 Likes

Love me some no till organics. Watching with great interest. Best of luck to you.

6 Likes

Thanks guys! They’re growing so fast right now, it’s like every 12 hours, they’re noticeably bigger :grin:

7 Likes

How it should be bro :muscle: welcome to OG while we’re at it be nice to see your grow pan out. Guessing you’re planning doing a perpetual with the size/age gaps of the plants? Or did some just take better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Nah, wasn’t planned lol. Only 3/4 seeds popped. The community here seems to be a lot more active than AFN. Glad I decided to post

6 Likes

Haha fair play things don’t always go to plan :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: the one thing about OG is it’s quite a close community, it is kind of clicky but you still make friends cos most of us are chill dudes and eventually your face will fit :rofl:

4 Likes

What you on about?? I’ve been here going on two years and mine still doesn’t fit :rofl:

5 Likes

Sounds like a lot of you are from the UK? Bruv?

3 Likes

Wey aye man. Geordie here :wink::v:

3 Likes

Lol fuckin tell me about it but still :rofl: and I wouldn’t say many of us @OrganicMids but there’s a few UK lads here. Say majority is American or Canadian.

1 Like

Well I’m glad to join the OG fam :smile: from the states as well

Recommendation: The Kelvin level of the seedling period is 6000K, and the mature flowering period can be 3000K.

Love what ya have going on @OrganicMids welcome to OG will following along on this one great to see ya come out of the dark and to show what ya got!

It seemed like the easiest route with the least issues. I just took a peak into your grow diary and saw that you’re venturing into some KNF. What made you decide to go that route? All that fermenting seems to be a lot of extra work. Is it noticeably better than just doing some ACT’s and botanical teas?

2 Likes

Ya with your grow keep cutting back your Cover crop and top dress once in awhile… as far as the KNF Iv only done some inputs here and there I haven’t went full throttle KNF yet not sure if I will ; I’ll definitely will probably do FAA and keep with the JWA im a dabbler like playing around with things … two of my beds are on year two and doing rather quite well IMO .