First OG diary and first try at hydro

My cousin made friends with a native that has some of the last property in that area. She let us go on. Off the dam we use all methods. Bobbers with shrimp or eggs. Float egg sacks by themselves. Plastic beads, worms. Weight line so bait stays just off the bottom. Whatever it takes. They are very picky and you just never know. I’ve even tried cut plugs for salmon on the steelhead.

1 Like

Okay, here is an update photo on the lady.

Really happy with how things are going.

9 Likes

Lookin awesome for your 1st go-round with hydro. I have always been into organic soil grows, but have really been interested in hydro lately. DWC seems like the way to go(as far as growth rates), but I feel like trying coco first would get me more acclimated to constantly pH’ing and checking EC, PPM, etc… have you done hydro before this?
Cheers

1 Like

No sir, I’m learning on the fly. I have read a bunch of stuff on here and try to follow others. Doing is the best way tho. I did order a constant ph ppm/ec monitor so I don’t have to check with the pens all the time. I try to make it easiest on me as possible. Super stoked with how its been going so far. Just tried to keep things simple.

2 Likes

Awesome. What monitor did you get, if you dont mind me asking

1 Like

Hey sorry it took so long. Its just a cheap one from Amazon. I didn’t wanna spend the 300 for the nice one. If I plan on doing hydro only and multiple buckets I will think about it. Here is a pic.

2 Likes

Hey all, time for the week 3 update. Everything is going great. So far no issues that I can see. Here are the pics.

10 Likes

Your off to a great start man. Im going to tag along. Im running DWC for the 3rd time. I was having problems with PH drifting up. You have the monitor. Stops you from having to dip your pen in there twice a day. I would love to get an automated system. Just keep an eye on your PPMs and you’ll be fine. Some strains are more forgiving then others.

3 Likes

Yeah and once I put my trellis in I’m not gonna be able to get into the bucket. Doing a little LST. I really try to make it easy on me. Holding PPMs to around 800 right now.

If you can get you net high enough you can still pop the top of your bucket to do your water change outs. Its easier if you have a pump to pump out your water. The only thing that sucks is you can’t pull the top completely off to check out your roots which is very gratifying. 800 PPMs are good. Ive hurd of people bragging about growing in less. Its hard when your measuring your nutes from off the bottle. Then you got your cal mag, and great white. But after a while you get it down to a science. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thanks brotha, I’m just taking things slow. Once a get a grow or two under the belt ill start experimenting more. Just working on basics.

Always reminds me of pho when you lift em. Excited to see when they start booming. But so far beautiful blooming

1 Like

Lol!! Never thought about it but yeah totally! That was my hangover food when I lived by Seattle. I’m stretching her out right now. Ill post a pic. Ill flip her soon.

doing a little training, take a few cuts then flower time.

7 Likes

Good looking girl . I’ll be watching for sure :+1:

2 Likes

I’ll be tagging along, this looks like a good channel.

2 Likes

Hey thanks guys. I’m a learning. Done outdoor last 3 years and 1.5 with indoor now. All soil. So thought it was time to try something new.

2 Likes

Root growth lookin real nice, keep it up!!

3 Likes

SCROG time! Looking good.

1 Like

Yeah gonna train it a lil… grows so fast I’m probably gonna flip next week.

1 Like