Joe’s odd grows

5 Likes

Can anyone chime in with what issue my plant is experiencing?? Leaf has some purple and yellow on it. Is that too much nitrogen?? Thank you! Otherwise the plant seems to be doin ok.

2 Likes

Usually yellow would say no. Dark green and clawing tips is common nitrogen toxicity. But i do not see that here. Whats your humidity and airflow like? Those pots light. Like dry dry? I would increase waterings if they arent wet. Not nutrients just add a clean watering to the program. Being on lower leaves its not as big a deal as if you saw something on new growth. Clean phd water watch the new growth if it looks healthy run with it.

1 Like

Thanks for the input!! I woke up this morning to check on my plants Before lights go out at 6am and all seemed ok except the one in question. I Checked the pot and seemed like the soil was a bit dry. So coincidentally I went with my gut and did exactly what you suggested. Glad to know I went with my intuition on this one. Can’t wait to see what she looks like when lights come back on!
Here’s how the rest are looking!
Please by all means give input where it’s needed. Still learning with tent growing and almost got parameters dialed In.
Temps have been in the mid to low 80’s and RH fluctuates between 53-63 %. There are the occasional swings where the rh might go to 35% and as high as 75%. I don’t always hear the fans alarm going off but I’m on top of it right away as soon as I hear the alarm.
More than anything looking forward to a successful harvest.
In hindsight I know I’m learning from my mistake of having plants growing together in or at different stages. Won’t do that again :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

The plant is small and had been through some ups and downs but she continues to grow and keep in flowering.
My question is this, is it to late to trim some of the leaves that are restricting light from the lower flower formations?? Or would it stress the plant to much? Thank you for helping out.

2 Likes

Leave her in peace :grin: this one is very small, if you take off some leaves, you will have just branches. More sunleaves you have, more photosynthesis! And so, more buds…

Agreed… just gonna let her be and see what happens. Merry Christmas by the way!!!

Banana Punch coming through and still flowering!
Having fun with this plant and all my others. Thanks to those who gave their input and to those who stayed quiet.
I just wanted a quick harvest of what I was interested in since I got more seeds. Once I see how everything flowered I’ll go in for the full grow.

5 Likes

Why don’t you set a high humidity level on the ac infinity controller? That will kick it on when the humidity gets too high. Doing this will ensure you don’t have to keep it running all the time.

Also, if you get the bends out of the hose it will help immnesly. A 90 degree bend can reduce airflow by as much as 60%!! Get your hose as straight as possible for the best airflow. This will be especially important when you add the carbon filter

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice! I’ve done all those things and have finally got it dialed in. I mean I gotta play with having the sweet spot in the knob of the humidifier but once I have it set and tank is full I can be gone all day with no worries until the light starts up! Then gotta play with the knob again but luckily it’s only when light is on and light is off that I need to make adjustments.
So far so good though! Here is the rest of what is growing!!
1 is Dinafem OG Kush
2-5 Is Burning Love (mish mash of Swazi, Malawi, South Indian Landrace and Northern Lights)
6 Road Kill Skunk confirmed female

5 Likes

I figured that you had, since it had been a minute, but I wanted to make sure. I would hate for you to get bud rot. It sucks seeing your hard work thrown away!

I totally hear you!!! I wouldn’t wanna lose my hard work either!
I messed up though planting seeds at different times without having another set up just for them. Lesson learned!
Will not do this again until I have another tent to accommodate plants at different stages.
I’m so pumped for the banana punch bagseed even though it got stunted and stayed small it still smells so amazing and the trichomes keep coming!
Might only be a few gram nug but better than no nug I always say!

1 Like

You learn from every grow. Yes, your homegrown is better than a nug from somewhere else as well!

2 Likes

Here is an update on my Banana Punch Bagseed. It’s coming along just nicely and wow does she smell good! I rubbed her not intentionally and I got this Grape Big League Chewing Gum smell!! Smelled sweet and tasty!!!
Right now she is at 4 weeks and one day. Is say I’m at the half way point but will definitely keep an eye and with updates I make I am open to other peoples input of when to harvest.
Thank you everyone even just for a like or just dropping in. Wishing everyone a fun 2021!!!:raised_hands::sun_with_face::skunk::green_heart::skunk::green_heart::skunk::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

Here are the other additions doing good so far!! All started on 12/12 from seed!
If anything catches your eye just ask for the name and I’ll give that plus the genetics :dna: and where to get them! Most are not available commercially and no I am not a benefactor In anyway.

4 Likes

![image|375x500]

Can anyone chime in on where would be good fan placement for keeping temps down. The light has two built in fans that are in top of the unit. Thank you :pray::pray::pray:

4 Likes

I would put my exhaust fan high as you can in the tent.

I would move the monkey fan down, so it can move air around the plants. I would also have more than one of them. I like at least one under the canopy and one over the canopy.

3 Likes

My exhaust fan is actually outside of the tent. The carbon filter hangs up top and ducting goes outside the tent to the
exhaust fan.
I’m thinking maybe because I have a small tent and so many plants in there that “body” heat is also contributing to temps being a little higher. Just a theory :man_shrugging:
When lights off no problem or issues. Only when the light is on but I seemed to have found a solution which is having the fan setting at 6. It was on 5 before with no problems but maybe as plants get bigger more perspiration and heat.

1 Like

As the plants get bigger they stop the air from flowing as well through the space. In effect creating resistance to the flow and slowing it down. As well as the plants also affect the environment in other ways as you suggested. They transpire and affect the humidity and temperature as a result. I imagine there are many other processes going on as well.

1 Like

Preformatted textHere is the Banana Punch bagseed that I have decided to call Bud on a Stick!
I wouldn’t grow this strain again on a 12/12 from seed. Now I can clearly see where the 12/12 from seed will get you depending on a strains genetics. I will say this about this plant. Fast flowering as shown below. Today marks the start of The 5th week of flowering. I’m guessing I might have to pull her in two or 3 more weeks but currently she is showing growth everyday and more and more hairs turn orange.
She smells like Big League Grape :grapes: Chewing Gum and no hint of a weed smell, she’s all sweetness!! :yum::yum::yum:

Off topic but I have two very Sativa dominant plants that been on 12/12 and they responding well! Will show the difference in my next posting.

6 Likes