Joe’s odd grows

Ok so this popped out at the tip of my banana punch bag seed. It’s a herm right?? ! At the moment keeping an eye to see what happens but think I’ll pull her sooner than later.
What you all think?? Maybe she is a sterile herm??

2 Likes

Update on the Burning Love no.1
Did some LST to the bottom of the plant to help with airflow because of her wild close-branch growth and to help give more light to those lower developing buds which could potentially add a nice amount to the overall harvest of the plant.
1st timer at trying LST and enjoyed every bit of it, it felt like I was helping the plant and she knew it. Looking forward to seeing the results after a week as this plants expresses change quickly in my observation! Also a fresh Compost Tea watering I’m sure helped her vibrancy!!!
image|375x500

3 Likes

I wouldnt jump on that being a pollen sac yet. If its the only one you see you can cut it off w fingernails if it makes you feel better but dont cull it.

3 Likes

Ahhh!!! Thanks!!! I’ll do that as it seems to be the only one I can find and hopefully the only one I do ever find. When lights come back on I will definitely pluck that odd growth.
I appreciate the tip!!!

1 Like

So I have burning Love 1 and 2 going. 1 is at 38 days of flower and 2 is at 16 days.
Now the reason for showing these Two is because They clearly are different phenos however they both have this feature in common where it looks like a long hair snakes out of a bract at the node sites. No 1 had purple hairs and the no 2 starting to put a orange hairs.
Can anyone chime in?? Something unique here? Different? Or common??

5 Likes

And here is the burning love 2 bract

3 Likes

Love the thread just got caught up on in :+1:

The red / rhubarb looking stems could be genetics or its fertilizer sensitive ( too strong for her )

The last banana cross I ran the plant was very small with compact buds taste and strong but surprisingly yield was very low

2 Likes

Correction!!! The 3 pots were 2 gal pots

1 Like

Late response I know but this got me thinking!! Am I experiencing nitrogen toxicity??? I’ll post picks tonight!!

1 Like

If I am hearing what your concern is correctly then that is common. One of them does have particularly long hairs but all good. Those bracts are the same as a bract in the flower itself. They also can be pollinated and produce a seed.
The only name I am aware of for them is a pre flower. If you mature a female long enough under 18/6 or 24/0 then it will produce those pre flowers at all nodes without going into flower.

2 Likes

That is very interesting and intriguing!!! Thank you for sharing!!
Glad to know all is well with my plants. :blush:
I gotta say though, running indica dominant and sativa dominant genetics under 12/12 from Seed has proven to show what the advantages and disadvantages are.
However I will say my Burning Love #2 is not showing any sign of stopping the stretch! Any suggestions??

4 Likes

If the light can be moved closer without hurting them that will help to slow the stretch. Another way which is too late for your case is to top the plant when in veg which will make the plant bush up more.

3 Likes

Hey bro you are doing a good job much better than my 12/12 from seed grow lol. I would leave those burning loves alone and let them stretch away.

1 Like

@stONER775 hey man we all in this together and learning and doing our best! For me it’s about getting to a happy place. For me it’s living organic soil. And I give distilled water. That it. And the other part of the equation is lots of light!!! :+1::+1::+1:

Little update on my Burning Love no 1
I enlisted LST to the lower half and so far she is responding quite well! The branch being pulled down by green wire was done 1/21/20
And the white wire was sometime beginning of January.
At the moment I am reporting that the smell very strongly reminds me of walking into a hair salon and ever lady is getting a perm and wearing a slightly sweet floral perfume. :flushed::flushed::upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Just cut my Banana Punch bagseed on 12/12 from seed and the following pics are the plant post chop. She smells like serious smoke! If I had only grown her from 18/6 to get some quantity. Next time I suppose since I got more of these bagseeds. But she has this grapey gassy smell but also this sweetness just like grape koolaid. It’s insane how sweet but Dank she smells.

7 Likes

Next to be cut down is my strawberry blue by world of seeds. She has a nice strawberry car air freshener type smell with a kushy/earthy background and it’s a solid little bud. More cone shaped by dense to say the least. Got her in darkness for two days. Then chop and hang.

5 Likes

A little report on the Burning Love no 2 which just keeps on going despite having some nutrient troubles. Hoping she can finish her path to harvest.

4 Likes

That sounds yummy. Looking good!

Thought you were talking bout my burning love no 2. Lol :joy:
I didn’t mention her terps but I will now.

But yes the Strawberry Blue smells very yummy! :yum:

BL no2- she has this smell which the best I can describe is this rotting fruit smell but with strong acrid tones. It honestly smells not very pleasant at all. It’s almost off putting to be honest, but we well know as smokers the stronger and the weirder the smell, usually equates to a good unique potent high! Taking into consideration a good dry and cure. But I’m hoping she produces some sweet tones with the addition of a recent fpj feeding. Oh something else interesting to note is she has buds that seem to be more on the oily/greasy side. Not very sticky at all. :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

1 Like

Fpj is good stuff. I need to give my flowering tent a good watering with it Saturday.

1 Like