First time Indoor grow - Blue Dream - DWC

Hey just joined the site and thought I’d share my project. Switched to 12/12 light a few weeks ago.

10 Likes

No pictures???
Welcome to OG @Kdawg. Hope you enjoy your time with us all :+1:

4 Likes

Sorry uploaded too soon!! Thanks esrgood4u!

11 Likes

12 Likes

11 Likes

Looking nice and healthy. Maybe you could give us a rundown on your nutrients, lights and growing environment?? Our OG members love reading about other people’s setups. Good look with the grow. I’ll be watching how they do :+1:

5 Likes

Looks good. First time growing and seems like you quickly got the hang of it.

1 Like

Not bad for being your first grow indoor :smile:, I’m finishing now my first DWC and as @Esrgood4u said it would be interesting to tell us how you did it, especially with those good looking plants. Welcome to the place … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah sure no problem, thanks for the kind words everyone. I’m using general hydroponics as nutrients, just the basic flouragro, Micro and bloom and a touch of cal-mag (noticed some browning early in veg). That’s two there but basically 90% is one of them that I topped. I topped the bigger to let the other catch up hopefully but the one I topped took off even bigger hahaha. I have them in a 2.5’x6’ tent. 5 gal pails as reservoirs, with of air(bubblers). I’m using a 1000W LED for the lighting. Oh and had to add two layers of netting to keep these girls down and wide. They’re starting to get big and full, that’s 3 weeks into flowering now. From what I’ve read they’re a 10 week flower and grow quite a bit at the start of flower.

5 Likes

I’ve a single blue dream fem seed I will maybe pop after the run I’m doing now. I’ll wait to see how yours do before I stick it in the dirt. Being a 10 week strain the yield should be impressive. :+1:

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll keep updates coming. These are fem as well.

1 Like

Hi @Kdawg, you say it’s DWC with separate reservoirs (no RDWC) so having those two net layers, how do you change the water? I’m curious because I wanted also to put a net but didn’t find out how the heck to change it :smile:, thanks …

1 Like

That’s perfect, especially for a first grow. Well done!

Blue dream is one of my favorites too!

Hey, I made up a little stand and put a drain fitting on the bottom of the bucket. I just drain it and have a little pump to add the nutrients back in.

6 Likes

Hey, you are a PRO! :smile: I would have to born again to acquire those skills, all reservoirs should come with a drainage hole from fabric to help clumsy people like me, thanks for sharing … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Great grow, beautiful plants I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread​:eyes::eyes::grin::+1:

1 Like

Welcome @Kdawg
Great looking grow. You will find that the people here on OG are very knowledgeable and generous. I will be following as well cuz Blue Dream is on my short list to grow soon.
Welcome home

2 Likes

Looking good! My entire outdoor grow last year was Blue Dream. A bunch of photos and autos. It’s my favorite strain. Although, none of my buds have much flavor, the high is definitely on point. Stoked to see you grow it out! Sending magical green thumb juju your way! Welcome to OG!

4 Likes

Hahaha thanks George1961!!

Yeah it seems to be going well so far, I’m loving this little setup. Good to know everyone is willing to help I’m sure I’ll have questions. I’m hoping these ladies have lots of flavour :wink:, and a bomb high!!

6 Likes

Just thought I’d post a little update. Everything seems to be going well up top. The fan leaves below the canopy seem droopy…not sure if this is normal or anyone has any insight.

3 Likes