First Time Set Up with OctoPots thoughts. (Don’t worry ik too many plants lol just pretend there’s 2)

12 Likes

Awesome man they will adjust just fine in there. You saved yourself a lot of time wish I would of started in a octopot. If that the final tent your going to want to manage the height or do some type training. Did you follow the octopot planting guide? Just one top watering

2 Likes

When I think Octopots I think of @Papalag . Perhaps he can pop in and comment.

5 Likes

He a load of advice. And all around good person. I think the octopot are starting to spread out been seeing more and more lately

2 Likes

Ty @DougDawson

Any questions just ask I’ll be happy to help

7 Likes

Lol he would actually be the reason I even went with octopots saw the grows asked some questions ended up buying them like the next week.

4 Likes

I see the water level is a bit high have the roots hit the reservoirs yet ?

If not only fill to the first level line to force the roots to find the reservoir

Good luck
Paps

3 Likes

Thank you for growing and starting a thread!

The lights seem a bit overkill to me, one will do until they get big, will save you a few bucks on electricity. :+1:

2 Likes

What’s the reason for waiting until roots find the reservoir?

Cheers

2 Likes

It will force them to find water by traveling downward towards the reservoir
If you fill the reservoir they have no reason to travel towards the water
You want root build up in the reservoir
This will make for a bigger plant

Big roots big plant

Also it’s the way there designed to feed the plants from the roots in the reservoir

Paps

5 Likes

Should I remove some ? I was going off of their YouTube video said halfway so I assumed 3 of the 6 gals

3 Likes

It would be better
If it’s easy enough to do

It’s more effective to use the lower level till the roots hit the reservoir ,

it should only take 15 to 20 days to reach the reservoir

How old is the plant ?
How ma days has she been in the Octopot?

What medium are you using?

What fertilizer?
Just curious :eyes:

1 Like

Notes

• only top water when you transfer plant into Octopot ( this is the only time you top water
• fill to first level till roots hit res ( then fill as desired)
• check PH every time you water ( keep between 6 to 6.3)
•let reservoirs empty before feeding again
•feed every time you fill reservoirs
Remember less is better
•Keep ppms low in the early stages

Paps

4 Likes

Lol you’d have a better idea on actual age of the plant than I would its GMO and Cap Junky clones. They were just transferred Saturday in fox farms soil. After I get all the use of the nutes from the soil ill start on a Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Feed schedule.

1 Like

happy frog soil sorry forgot to add that

1 Like

I’m pulling up my comfy chair with my favorite smoke and adult beverage. I just bought an octopot (being delivered Thursday). I will try it out in my auto tent. I started out doing DWC but switched to coco. One reason I switched was when plants got big the only option I found to support them was yo-yos. Hate yo-yos. At least with coco I can use bamboo stakes.

Good growing ya’ll

Smib

1 Like

Great new clones just added to the fabric bag ok lower the water level to the first level line

They should take up to 20 days to reach the reservoir

GMO and cap junky seems to be a slow grower I’ve got them in vegg now as moms

Paps

1 Like

alright I’m gonna lower the level thanks for the advice.

2 Likes

How the grow going

pretty solid so far id say haven’t had many issues at all

3 Likes