First time start to... Hopefully finish!

Well I was going wait till got a little more on top. That didn’t quite happen. I have two spotted limes autos that where giving to me after germ and planted. They are at around 30ish days in. The ones for this diary are. Gorilla cookies, blackberry kush and strawberry nugget all three are autos. They will be in my 12inx26inx30indeep hutch turned cab. I have two fold out screw In 120 watt LEDs. I plan to diy strips made to fit this cab in near future. For now I had thought my SL had stunted between number of things over water, the move/transplanted up and who knows. Read about lux from @Mr.Sparkle and realized the two pot holes cut to fit flush and hide out in drawer luxs where cut in half at canopy. So raised up to mid way where stayed steady ontop of boxes. Sure enough they started peeking up as expected a little more. I’m sure I’ll find more to fix along the way. They are in promix. Had used some myko when planted. Mixed a little azos in when filled. I’ll transplant up a little bigger at some point into organic living soil curriosty of the neighbor. Any nutes I’ll use thru out the way will be by recommendation of him or all of you. Taking it all in still. I’ll be top hand watering until after transplant when roots can bottom feed from a tray. (This is where over water the SL so going try not to do that again) on a well sitting at 6.0 on ph. The temp on my therm with my ac infinty t8 airplates reads 82-84. I have it covered and using my other hanging one that reads 78-80 and 30 to 35 on humidity for judging. Mainly just adjusting and reading off of plants for now on finding that spot that makes them happy. Then in the end, with a little bit of guidance and luck. these three little ladies will be a few minutire,well stacked, Amber filled, sparkles
Of joy on my face. A little twig will be a step further than now so would take that to. Excited non the less to see where it goes! Thanks for any guidance, input or just taking a peek at my endeavours! More to come.

17 Likes

Well good luck they are starting out nicely :slight_smile:

all the best in your grows and be safe

Dequilo

6 Likes

Here is a shot of the two spotted limes to.

13 Likes

They are looking good so far. After seeing them spotted lime the only nutes you will need is some Litfa. Lol keep up the good work looking good.

2 Likes

Looking great so far @Gonepostal!

3 Likes

Well was out of work with a shoulder injury. gave enough time to get everything going. Back at it thou so should be able to manage litfa now. Prolly got a tan from staring in the box to much with time off. Lol

2 Likes

Well there getting some layers to them. I’m really liking the BKcolors in front and the SN(back right) and GC(back left) and Making me think I’ll have variety of shapes and sizes. We will see thou.

6 Likes

Switched to feeding them from the bottom at begging of week and no over watering so think I figured that out a bit better we’ll see.

5 Likes

Looking good bro! Just don’t let them sit in water for very long or you’ll probably go droopy again . Ya even on younger plants you can bump your hum a bit higher As well

Just shared this app with a couple of buddies give it a try just a simple VPD CALCULATOR

3 Likes

Running that high in temp your going to need to increase humidity dramatically or lowering your temp or both will help as well try and get it into
A reading of 0.8 to 1.2 kPA

Once they get bigger humidity will start to stabilize a bit better for ya even if ya have a high dome you can put Over the 10x20 the young plants under you’ll start seeing them take Off

2 Likes

Thank you very much. much appreciated going take a look at that app forsure. The dome is very duable to even think I have something that should fit perfect already at the house.

2 Likes

Couldn’t help myself had to look at that app. so I think I’ll start with tryin to get that humidity up to 40 which I’ll start with that dome. Once it gets there I’ll try to get that temp to 75 and that will put me at 1.4 on the vpd. Says I’m sitting at 1.9 now then with water I’ll start basing that off the soil than the tray being empty and we’ll see if can’t get them a little happier. thanks again @Tinytuttle

2 Likes

Then I’ll start adding water based off soil not tray being empty and see if can’t keep them happier thanks again @Tinytuttle

2 Likes

Try and get it closer to 0.8 or 1.0 for veg that VPD is perfect for flower range right now

1 Like

Always trust the soil. If it’s not drying fast enough, it’s an indication you’re watering too much or it’s not draining well, so the soil is important to check. I take a finger and go at least two knuckles in near the rootball.

2 Likes

Slowly but surely I’ll get there literally and figuratively!

1 Like

Well these three have been sitting in soil for 14 days now. I got to looking at them and thinking they where looking healthy. had a bit of Spurt of energy and settle out a couple days back, roots hanging out bottom. So with my one day weekends I decided today was the day and moved them on up to there organic home made soil curiosity of the neighbor pots where they’ll stay… Till I get to that hopeful finish line at the end!
**** Still working on that humidity and playing around with this VPD app curiosity of @Tinytuttle to see what targeted range I want to aim for. Tempature isnt my worry with where cab is and my ac Infinity fans in there help it stay pretty steady which ever way I go on the thermostat in it. With the day off tomorrow I’m going to look at putting a seal around the doors of cab,bottom side has raised edge it sits against, top side doesn’t and the old antique latches on side I don’t know if I trust how tight of a seal they have. Espically since the other night after talking about humidity while up in middle of night with lights off. I notice light did come out of those two spots. I’m not to worried about light getting in bc it’s dark everywhere else during there dark. With that seal and ethier the dome or maybe a sponge/towel will hopefully get that humidity up and that VPD down to the target range. I am leaning towards the dome do to until I have another space I will have side by side veg and flower going and had been told by a wise turtle that more around .8 for veg and 1.4ish for flower.

2 Likes

Also to keep you from going two places @Tinytuttle these are those spotted limes that you gave me some helpful advice on! The back one definatly got stunted along the way and me playing around a bit more with the one in front I’m thinking it may go few day more than would have. Couldn’t help myself. focusing more on climate and Lifta with these three. We’ll see how long that last!

3 Likes

Looks like the one is flowering pretty quick have your been doing quite a bit of bending and tying then in the autos?

So far everything in there is a auto. I bent once orginally and a second s
Time a week later and now a week later haven’t touched don’t plan on it ethier. there at about 40 days now orginally I thought both where stunted but day 30 on the dot almost the front one showed some pre flower signs and took off gaining height on the other after. Both times it’s jumps a bit and didn’t seem to mind it. Where the smaller one just started showing about a week ago. So about two week difference in there Gap but started same day. Deffinatly going have to run these again down road to do them some justice!