First timer Gen Hydro DWC question.

I’m running a mystery seed grow. (I believe they’re Panama Red X Blue Dream but I could be wrong.)
The big plant is on week four of veg and the smaller one is on week three. (The smaller one got smushed so it’s been stunned a bit).

I feel like my plants should be taller / larger than they are?
It’s my first grow ever so I don’t really know what to expect.
I can’t raise my lights any higher either.

I posted pictures of my setup, my plants, and feeding schedule for more information. I did top and lst as well a little bit.

I’m using the light feed on the General Hydroponics grow chat. Should I bump it up higher?

Any help would be appreciated !

My feeding schedule and Setup

6 Likes

What light are you using and has it been 4 weeks since germination or what exactly are you starting from.

Also welcome to Overgrow! :wave:

Looks nodey! Did you top it at all? Light looks like a tsl2000. I run the same at 20-24" full tilt when vegging.

I had mega nodey bushes when RDWC and topping.

1 Like

Hello @Mikeigander welcome to OG. I grow DWC and I would recommend go with the aggressive vegetative growth feeding schedule and watch them jump in size.

Welcome to OG @Mikeigander

@Neb Mars Hydro TSL2000 Four weeks since veg, since germ it would be week 6 I believe for the larger plant. I have topped the big one a few times, and the small one I just topped after it got to three sets of fan leaves.

And it shouldn’t cause any nutrient burns jumping from light to heavy ?

1 Like

If you see burnt leaf tips you can dial it back a little, you can usually really push dwc in veg.

@Qtip I just fed them yesterday, should I wait a week and then next feed do an aggressive feed?

1 Like

Yup that would work! :smiley:

@Qtip Awesome, thank you!

1 Like

I also found out from a friend that my water was getting too cool. Before I wrapped my buckets I had high 70’s to 80’s in water temp. So I started putting two ice water bottles in to cool it, and got in the habit of doing it twice a day. And the towels were insulating so well that my water was high 40’s to mid 50’s. Fahrenheit

Just putting one in as needed, raising my room temps a little and the nute boost should work wonders!

Anytime, I’ve been doing DWC for a few years, happy to answer any questions you might have. Check out my thread, I don’t get overly scientific other than checking ph. I rarely change out reservoirs unless the plants are showing issues.

I don’t have a res rn, I just change out my buckets every week. Ultimate goal is to “automate” or get it as low maintenance as possible. But thank you! I’ll definitely be posting there I’m sure!

1 Like

Yea I run individual buckets that I rarely change out. Central reservoir is typically referred to as RDWC. right now I have 9 individual buckets going :scream:. Most have never been completely emptied just water replaced : topped up alternatively with ph’ed water and full nutes for whatever stage I’m in.

1 Like

I run my DWC in a shower insert in my bathroom so emptying res is very easy for me and I still don’t do it. I would if i had to and I was doing it a lot when i first started but then realized it’s just a waste. When they get bigger you’ll notice that they cycle thru the water every few days so topping it off like Qtip mentioned is all that’s needed in that regard. Good looking plants so far tho, keep up the good work!

1 Like

@OGTreeSlayer @Qtip So you’re telling me I can just top off with nutes in the water instead of replacing the whole bucket every time? I feel like sediment builds up in the bucket that’s good to clean every week.

Yea just top up. Do you have a ppm meter, that can give you an idea where you are at but don’t live by it. Your plants will let you know if they are unhappy.

1 Like

I dont feed everytime I top off the water. I always check the ppm, if its in range then I’ll just add water.