First timer in need of help

Hey everyone, so I’m abit lost/stuck on what’s going on it’s my first time growing and my plant isn’t looking the best I was wandering if anyone might have a clue or could help me out thanks

14 Likes

Hard to say.

What you need to do is give us every detail about your grow and we can go from there :+1:

7 Likes

Welcome @Smallspac
curious as to what medium you are using, and any nutrients that you may or may not be using for this plant. It is still alive, which is a bonus! so some more pictures and info can help get some advice from the countless experts on here.

6 Likes

Reminds me a Frisian Duck I grew, what strain is it? My first impression would be she may look a bit hungry with those pale colours, but more info as stated is needed … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

I see the soil. It looks to me like your two cotyledon leaves have yellowed, possibly from being too wet or dry, or from a pH imbalance. The tips of the newer leaves have some yellow spotting suggesting the same, but all the newer growth and the younger parts of the new leaves looks good which can be suggestive of the plant now being happier than it was and now growing without issues. The new growth shows some purpling which could be genetic, or the seedling may be hungry – or getting too much light – or you may have had some cool temperatures which brought out some color. The newer growth has puffy looking leaves which make me think it is hungry but it could just be that the little guy is getting too much light…not enough to burn it, but more than it needs. High LED light levels can cause these symptoms. I would consider lowering the light level and check the runoff pH to ensure it is within the desired range. I would at first give it a couple of days of lower light and see how it reacts, then go from there.

5 Likes

Mine always yellow as the seedling eat them up. I read it was normal and never worry about that.

Welcome @Smallspac! Come introduce yourself here;

:green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

Right on! I have read that too, but have never had mine yellow or die… they may have a tendency to stay greener in hydro which I use? :v:

2 Likes

Hi sorry for the late reply but It’s a white widow auto ph is abit high 6.8-7.1 I’m feeding a emerald grow and I’m using a ufo 100w pro grow led light which I through was high enough it’s it’s almost 3 ft from top of plant I’m feeding 1 day feed next day ro water thanks you for your help

6 Likes

Over watering bro! I know you’re excited, we all were back then. But stop with the daily attention. I’m guessing she could use a breeze and a bunch of L.I.T.F.A.(leave it the f@#! alone) One of the easiest ways to kill her is to over love her. Only water/ feed once the planter(cup, whatever) is about half the weight of saturation.

4 Likes

Thanks I’m just trying to work it out as where I’m from it’s not easy to get seeds an I don’t want to let her die just yet and I have a fan blowing straight on it and no a small fan by any means so I’m unsure thanks again

3 Likes

It’s OK, right now she isn’t using much anything. The one thing I suggest especially in soil, up your microbe game. There are a lot of choices out there, I prefer Recharge from Real Growers. Scotty may be a pothead that forgets where he put the joint, but to me so far, Recharge and Grow Dots are simple and easy. Here, as example, this girl has only gotten Recharge and Grow Dots, she’s about 3 weeks from harvest

7 Likes

Wow looking forward to seeing that! Oh okay so like I said where I’m from in the world it’s not so easy to get stuff fast I was thinking would this be a good suit microb to use

Bushdoctor Microbe and Kelp Me Kelp You work wonders for me :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Not seeing much in the way of microbes listed on the Ingredients. What about Dynamyco or great white? What you’re really wanting is the mychorrizae. I don’t know what is offered down there.

2 Likes

I’ve heard good things about great white

1 Like

You don’t want to do that. Get a smaller fan if you can, and don’t point it directly at the plant.

Congratulations on starting your first grow @Smallspac, it really is the best thing you can do for yourself. The 2nd best thing is joining Overgrow, so you’re on a roll! Lol. Welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Okay thankyou I’ll do some looking around and see if I can find something

1 Like

Well my wording was exactly right it’s not blowing straight at it it’s just over it I can see the leaves moving abit but not so much that there going to rip off :joy:

4 Likes

Are you using only the Grow bottle? According to the feed chart you need also the rest (Micro & Bloom), maybe that’s your issue … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

I do have all three but as soon as I started using them the leaves started to yellow and that’s when I started to use ph 6.8 ro water as I was thinking I may have burnt the plant with it so I’m truly unsure I’ll see if I got any better photos so you can see the yellowing leaves