First try making bubble hash

:sweat_smile:

So that’s the process I was shown the first time. :wink:

What I do now & why:

put frozen mat’l in fridge in 2gal thermos with water, ice on top
(until mat’l “rehydrates”) can be done over-night for the stoned & lazy

put bucket on chair(no bending, less back pain) with 2" foam insulation under bucket, towel is a good idea if available, and a “jacket” around the bucket made from reflective bubble insulation (like a big beverage holder).

put 1-2 gal cold water in, then refrig’d mat’l/ice, more ice, wait a bit, because that’s too much ice on purpose. too much ice & you’re grinding & bruising your mat’l(bad).

stir by hand with soft implement(not that one–hahah!), i have a long-handled silicone spatula. it’s ghetto but works. slower is better but maddening also.

first wash only stir 30 secs or less! yowza! because that’s where the bulk of contaminants, or undesired shit, comes through…don’t wanna bang it around into our hash.

then work up to 15, 30 minute washes. i did 60 minutes once just to experiment.
the ripest fruit falls most easily at first, by the end you are beating the shit out of the tree to get the last apple to fall. :wink: frenchy cannoli parable. :thumbsup:

more clean buckets.

i put a 180m bag on(work bag) over the top, upside down, & snug.
then a 160m over that, leaving a slight space between the meshes.
this gets quickly inverted & poured into our clean spare bucket. i do this in the bathtub because my kitchen floor has hash resin :wink: now. d’oh.
have the 45m bag half-on another spare bucket, sieve mostly at the top, say 2" from top… and pour your 159m hash-water through this in several steps, swirling & washing it.

collect el hasho. i like coffee filters. especially with hash residue for my coffee.
moisten the paper filter a bit before you place it so you lose less.

stack that on top of towels, waste some coffee filters(only temporarily! they are perfectly re-usable), etc. yesterday i got some to dry very fast by clipping it to my clothesline inside a coffee filter. presto. dry hash in a couple hours.

i do it this way because those bubble bags just can’t take the abuse. they slow the spin down. i was getting purple rubbery bits in my hash last year. not a-niice.
drill mixers are too much force, imo. the mechanical stirring isn’t what get’s the trichomes-- it’s the cold & the water-friction moving over the plant mat’l, with help from centrifugal force.

i’m passing this on because I’m a year or 2 into it. & have bought new bags & someone gave me a bubble washing machine but it’s shelved for now(3 gallons is too small for my needs).

if you can, watch some frenchy cannoli:

I hope this helps…sorry if I’m being a dick & advising when not asked to! :blush:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

How long would I let this dry/how will I know when she’s ready?

If it crumbles, it’s ready. You’ll know. Just don’t press it all together until you’re sure. Especially in the winter the humidity is usually very low, so it dries much quicker.

Great first run, enjoy…love the bubble!

1 Like

@cannabissequoia holy shit there can be a lot to this eh. Thanks for all the info everything’s appreciated!

@JJonahJameson Thanks! I’m definitely enjoying :grin::grin: definitely a nice change from the outdoors

2 Likes

Just rolled some of your bubble hash up @Kdawg

Delicious. Tastes like JackTheRipper :joy::joy:

2 Likes

This is the big first lesson for me anyway; at first I beat the shit out of it but have learned it’s some chemistry/physics stuff which i dropped out of in h.s. heheh.

To further demonstrate the point, when I was done doing a bunch of washing I put the trim back in the fridge & submerged in water…returned a few days later & a lot of resin gets liberated just chilling in the fridge. Big yield on that first re-washing. :thinking: :ocean:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

@Mongobongo hahaha good to see! :laughing::laughing:

@cannabissequoia that’s super interesting. I’ll have to transition the beer fridge to hold a 5 gal!!

1 Like