Fishdudes outdoor to indoor grow, aka a whole host of bad decisions

I’ve just started a grow recently that involves vegging outdoors and finishing inside.
I have already set myself up for failure in numerous ways, and it is very likely to end in disaster.

Anyone enjoy schadenfreude?

11 Likes

Maybe if I knew what it was. . .Sound like you came to the right spot for help

4 Likes

I don’t enjoy seeing anyone fail so… you picked the best place for any help you need when you joined OG.

3 Likes
8 Likes

Middle plant was vegged outside and brought indoors for bloom. She’s doing well

9 Likes

As long as you keep the 12 / 12 cycle stable, these should do great.

Looking forward!

:eye:

2 Likes

Unless you’re running autos…like me brother. I’m at 18/6. I know some people do 20/4.

There’s no humiliation. Degradation or any other of the nasty “ations” go on here @fishdude. Everyone would much rather see you succeed.

Any pics?

5 Likes

@Esrgood4u
@anon58740919

Thanks guys, I really appreciate that.
I will cut down on the melodrama:)

I have six plants in 3 pots currently.
I got some great advice on transplanting them, so I will do that this evening.

2 each sweet cheese fast version by sweet seeds, mamma Mia by Seedsman, and blueberry on Seedsman.

Everything got hastily thrown together with a budget of $0

One sweet cheese is in a 3 gallon pot, the rest are in 2 gallons. 4 of the pots contain the super soil from my auto grow that didn’t work particularly well. The other 2 have inert soil and coco mix

I have on hand miracle grow red and blue, and just about every organic soil amendment there is.

I basically have no idea what I am doing, but I always get some decent weed no matter what, so I figured what the heck, why not?

So far they look good. A little stretchy, but I just moved them out of the shade

4 Likes

Do you have a lot of height available indoors. And width. Pots that size will give you trees. And as beautiful as they can be. It’s worth avoiding running out of space and having to choose which plants to run. Your youngsters certainly look happy there. What kind of setup are you running indoors? I’ve got a feeling you and @hoodini need to be acquainted. Low cost. Low energy growing is his thing. Top bloke too

3 Likes

Thanks @anon58740919 for the kind words and @fishdude I will gladly be of service anyway I can. . . If your autos finish in under 90 days 3 gallon will be perfect outdoors. . .but if bringing inside to finish I would stay 2 gallon or under depending on your indoor space

3 Likes

My 65 day widow autos are now on day 91 :rofl: I’ve just harvested the ones I had in soil tonight but the one in the bubbler doesn’t look anywhere near ready.
I would suggest planting them in individual pots. The suggested pot size is 1 (usa) gallon for every month of life so 11 litre pots are what I’d tell you to use although Hoodini knows his shit when it comes to auto growing.
Are they even autoflowers?? I seen “fast version” but not auto anywhere in your posts

2 Likes

Let’s see if I can answer some of these questions. The tent I currently have is a 3x2 DIY Creation. Plant height is limited to 3ft.
2 MarsHydro 300 watt fixtures, and a real ventilation system.

The original plan was to run Panama Lime Superauto, sweet cheese fast version (a photo with ruderalis genetics to finish faster),green Poison fast version, and Alien vs Triangle auto by Mephisto.

Everything went a little sideways, so now I have 4 photos and two fast versions.

The Panama lime is doing quite well for the amount of abuse I put it through.
I haven’t mentioned it because it should be done in a month.

Next year I want to try more Mephisto seeds.

6 Likes

@fishdude with an Indoor limit of 3 feet , 2 gallon is as big as you want to go. . .id start with 1-1.5 gallon imo

2 Likes

So far so good. The 3 little transplants look happy. I am going to put them under my fabric cloches for a while.

These doohickeys were invented by me.
Just some wire with agricultural fabric wrapped around. Turns out they are just magical for transplanting and starting seeds.

The theory is that it increases humidity and buffets the wind. At any rate, they make life much easier with young outdoor plants.

Take them out when the plants push against them, and you know your plant is growing again

4 Likes

Congrats you just made a diy cold frame 🖒

2 Likes

Except it doesn’t heat up:)

Point is, I am quite pleased with the transplants likelihood of survival.

The issue I would really appreciate help on is fertilization. The girls are getting full strength tomato miracle grow. Not sure what else to do, budget is still zero

1 Like

:nerd:
may i ask what the point of doing things “backwards” is? odor? security? weather? pests?

my only concerns would be: sufficiently intense light for good yield? bringing all the bugs in, right when you flip? :scream:

not criticising, just wondering. :v:
:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

The house gets pretty dang hot in the summer, so I don’t really want to grow inside. I like growing outside as well.

By September, the shade of my Doug fir is such that plants stop growing and start becoming more and more susceptible to disease.

I am hoping to have some Mephisto autos next year. This year, it is what it is, just trying to make the best of it.

3 Likes

I’m feeling much more hopeful about this grow. These little ladies kept growing through a heat wave that really slowed my broccoli and tomatoes.

The VPD of the outdoors in Portland is pretty suboptimal, 95f and 20%rh

2 Likes