Fisher price my first grow ⛺ tent

26 Likes

Nice setup for sure!!! Thanks for sharing that with us!

What kind of light you got there? My first tent has a 1000 w vented hood in it. Used and cheap, perfect to get my indoor going.

8 Likes

Its gonna have a big upgrade this week!! Hlg 600 red spec!!! I think I’m gonna need a bigger tent!!

12 Likes

Its a agro max tent with a 400 watt ballast . I’m trying to get her dailed in as a veg tent . Then when my hlg 600rs shows up I can order another bigger tent to flower in. Do some tests . Take tons of notes . I have a bit to go yet. Need a soil/? Size gallon pots? I plan on doing alot of reading on here!
One problem she got up to 86° last night so I need better fans in the tent itself. I got a 6 in inline fan pulling air from room should I try n pull it from outside?

6 Likes

You may need to either bring in fresh air, or exhaust the hot air to outside. Did the tent heat up the whole room?

Luckily you are in the right place to learn about all that. I got to get dedicated about the note-taking for sure.

5 Likes

I am running a 4x8x7 tent with a 1000w HPS and 3 1000w equivelant LEDs.I have 2 8in inline fans exhausting, 1 4in inline sucking fresh air from a window in and 1 4in inline pulling air from the room into tent.Temps at 74f as the fresh fall air being drawn in will knock the heat way down.It also has a speed control so i can reduce the draw on colder days .

4 Likes

I have a 600 watt hps in my 4 x 4 tent. and it stays around 78 degrees with a 6 inch inline. I pull the air from the tent across my light then out. I have the vent open for the tent and one clip fan running in there. I do not pull the air from outside the tent.

3 Likes

constant struggle HID’s put out crazy heat I just switched to Spider Farmer and the results were pretty significant nice tent I need a bigger flower tent girlfriend is just not digging it

5 Likes

There are many, many ladies out there that would :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pics coming soon!!! HLG 600 rs unboxing tonight!!! Got 2 more fans too! I have a portable ac unit with 6 inch line hooked up but just haven’t attached to my little tent. So do I take down the hps and just run my hlg 600. Or put some tarps up in the basement and just make it a big room. I could add one more hlg 600 and put the hps in the center with a 600 on each side ! That be a pretty big flower footprint!

So far running the hps I have had alot of humidity issues. I am thinking the only way to keep it at around 60 65 humidity is by spraying water in the tent! Should I get a small humidifier? I imagine the possibility of mold at some point . Right now the hpl is on 75 % and still burned up my one nice size clone. So I have lots of beans to experiment with . I just need to get this baby dialed in!. One more day on the boat and I’m off for 3 days! Ill have fresh super soil and 3 gallon fabric pots by then I hope! Thank you all for your help!

5 Likes

Wooooo, nice choice👍

I gave up on humidifiers awhile ago.

Really depends on where you live and the ambient rh.

Here in Northern Cali, we have optimal rh usually, so no need. I run around 40-50 thru both veg amd flower.

As I understand it, a more lush humid veg tent might increase growth speed, but I’ve never noticed significant loss in order to bother.

More footprint for plants.

3 Likes

Hi bro you set up is looking good,one thing I saw an extension cord laying on the floor of Tent , one of my rules is always been to keep your electrical about 3 feet off the ground because of water I would hate to see you have some issues good luck my friend
Be safe

4 Likes

I literally hung the surge protector 3 foot up and moved the ballast on top of the tent . It just felt right. Thank you for the heads up! I am a humble first rounder! Ready to rock! Let’s do this!!! Crab shells for every one!!! Get that sar affect popping!!! No but I’m seriously working on a crab meal / chitosin ammendment. Since I do have a unlimited supply of crab shells! Anyone have a suggestion of a ammendment that uses crab shell or fish poop. Bat poop anything ! I just wanna make sure I make the right soil up and use only the necessary nutrients. Trying to stay as organic as mother nature will let me!

4 Likes

That’s super cool. I love any of the diy organic stuff. I can’t wait to watch this. I’m glad I found this thread straight away.

3 Likes

Bat guano is great some are heavy in N and then you can get some bird guano which has k great for bloom
The best tasting I pot I smoked was grown with guano
Don’t over do it when adding to the soil ( so not to make it too hot ) 1/2 a cup per 5gallons of soil
The shells I would try to brake up and alway let the soil mix sit ( cook) for a month mix a few times keep moist
Paps

3 Likes

I have noticed something one guy warned me about chitosin amendments! I don’t think its a big deal . I’ll show ya. White spots that look to me like high calcium deposits! Idk!

1 Like

2 Likes

The newer growth looks better, but not perfect. Weird. I have some deficiencies I believe in some of mine. I think their starter soil need more castings possibly. I wouldn’t get too worried abouts yours yet either.

2 Likes

Bro this baby drove in my car to work and sat on the roof . I babies it with sunlight soil n crab shells! She has only saw 2 days of hps light ! Now 10 hrs of hlg 600rs !!! Not even 3 days under real lights and look at the stacking on this thing

1 Like