Florida Ditch Weed?

Howdy OG fam!

A buddy of mine gave me what he refers to as “Florida Ditch Weed” collected from the Florida Keys.
It’ll grow 18ft unchecked and survives a season up here in Southern Ontario (May-Oct).

Any FLA OGers have any idea of what this could be? I don’t have access to pics yet as he’s gonna get back to me with some to share.

Thanks for the brainstorming! (Florida mid-day storm pun intended)

23 Likes

Betcha it’s Miami Wowie

4 Likes

keys you say!!! my backyard! its from a square grouper for sure

12 Likes

:heart: :heart: :heart:

2 Likes

I can’t imagine something growing unmolested in the Keys . Waaaay too many folks poking & prowlin’ around . Back when I was a highschool kid we’d plant stuff around the Miami area . All of it Mex , Jamacian or Colombian bagseed . Amazing how many 10+ footers made it to fall . Talkin’ mid to late 60’s .

15 Likes

Thing about Florida that many forget is growing weed is a felony period . Medical doesn’t allow it & no rec grows either . Needless to say growers don’t talk to NOBODY let alone each other . A lot of stuff is closely held . Most of the street stuff is dispensory overflow . If one wants something other than " Montsanto " weed you better be self - sufficent or have freinds .

12 Likes

thats for sure every inch of every island has been gone over! way too many people down there now. i go during the week and return home before weekend starts, get all the yahoos down there on the weekends.

2 Likes

If you can ask him what key they came from. Upper or lower keys? Those shrimpers smoke that all the time since they are out for weeks at a time. Have to wash it and dry it. Tastes like shit!

5 Likes

Waiter there’s a roach in my shrimp.

7 Likes

Better than a shrimp in your roach

10 Likes

Where I live there’s ditch weed but it just wild hemp from way way back in the day.

2 Likes

The Worst weed I’ve ever had in my life came from the Keys.Bale weed that was sitting in the ocean from coast guard busts used to wash up on shore I had someone bring some up to NY and was the only thing around everything was dry.Weed was powder dry smelled terrible and had pockets of white encrusted salt throughout the bag.Rolled a joint took two hits and promptly tossed into the trash.At least it was free I guess

7 Likes

I’ve smoked such ocean weed with surfers in El Salvador. They rinsed it with clean water and let it dry but it was still shit.

6 Likes

Absolute worse was diesel weed . Whenever the Coasties / Customs would catch a big load , they’d take it out & burn it . They’d soak it down with fuel oil & light it up . Often it didn’t burn completely . People’d be digging that crap up & smoking it . It was everywhere & free or dirt cheap . Shame as most of it was fine ass Colombian Red or Santa Marta Gold . Am surprised that all us surviving broke hippies from the Gulf Coast / South FLA don’t glow in the dark . WTF Agent Orange couldn’t kill me ( yet ) , what’s a little # 2 diesel…

6 Likes

Cockroach of the sea.

24 Likes

anyone in florida up for a canoe/camping trip. peace river level is looking good!

4 Likes

That seed could be from anything. Florida was ground zero in the drug scene in the late 60’s on. Once cocaine became popular it was all over. One of my old dealing buddies got into dealing large amounts of coke and almost lost his life in So. Florida. They got set up and robbed at gun point and he quit everything after getting out of there alive. I think he even quit smoking pot.

7 Likes

FL ditch weed? Well I’m my experience, most FL weed I had prior to medical passing here was mexibrick or similar. Mostly Sativa in effects, occasionally saw some homegrown towards the end of the year many times near Christmas that was much better than the imported stuff and actually hybrid or even indica dominant.

1 Like

I live right across the street from Dadeland mall. Where the massacre happened

3 Likes

Holy shit. Crazy stuff. I forget about some of those events at times.

2 Likes