Flowers and other non Cannabis Plants

Here is an update on the sweet basil I sowed a week ago.

Many seeds broke through the soil beginning this past Tuesday (only three days).
This is what the basil sown in the egg carton top-flat looks like today… exactly one week later.

I will now thin out the plants with sharp pointed scissors leaving only one in each original hole.

2 Likes

On Sunday the 18th of March I sowed some coleus seeds in the bottom, egg holding compartments of a styrofoam egg carton.
Coleus seeds are much trickier than basil seeds because they are much smaller. Smaller than poppy seeds…very tiny, and therefore hard to place in precise desired sowing location. They also only go on the top of soil/medium…they do not need to be covered…I put them in each cell on pre moistened seed starting mix, then bottom water to saturate without covering seeds…cover with clear wrap and put under lights. They started germinating and taking root yesterday.
Teeny tiny they are!

3 Likes

What is the flower in that first photo. They look like they are screming. That is awesome!

Some beautiful flowers all around everyone. Really gorgeous!

6 Likes

Thanks much @bozrdang

That is some Angelonia from Park Seeds.

“Summer Snapdragons”

3 Likes

Here are the sweet basil today.

I will transplant to individual containers today or tomorrow.
Some will be going into ground, the others will remain in containers.

6 Likes

Coleus.
Will need to be thinned out in next couple of days.

2 Likes

Nasturtium I started on 3/21.

4 Likes

Nothing more beautiful than a baby pineapple

6 Likes

dahlias are fun too

definitely lacking for this upcoming spring. may have to order some

4 Likes

Hungarian peppers

Spinach

4 Likes

My daughter turns 9 years old today. 9 years ago today we received a 3 inch areca palm.

6 Likes

Box peppers

4 Likes

Rooster Spur pepper

5 Likes

I see you showing off your sunflowers over here mister… I just started some recently. Will post flowers when it starts to flower. Also started some strawberries and tomatoes (of course). Stoked on my strawberries as I have not had the best of luck with them

3 Likes

Some big max pumpkins

5 Likes

Datil
Old family Chiltepin
Fish Pepper

6 Likes

Box peppers taking off. Stupid germination rate was supposed to be 60 percent. I got 100. I have too many peppers. These are just some of the ones that have been booted from tents

5 Likes

Coffee seedlings

6 Likes

This is a graft of avocado that went really well.
It means it will take 2 years instead of 8 to have our first harvest. Sure will try that with weed…

6 Likes

I’ve been looking at growing some vegetables along side my auto’s in my tent but unsure if that’s possible as I run my lights 20hrs a day. Anyone have any suggestions on what I could grow along side my plants? Or is the light cycle Im running not suitable.

2 Likes