Flowers Bleached - Outdoor

One side of the trees appears whitish around the flower and slowly turns completely white , then dries and kills the flower. It’s spreading slowly. It only appears at first flowering stage and only one side of the tree. It almost looks like got hit excessive cold leaving leaves burned.

Please help before this aggressive attack ruins the whole tree.

10 Likes

Did you just put it outside? I’ve had that white bleaching happen taking a plant inside to outside. It was in veg and grew out of it.

6 Likes

potassium deficiency can cause this. To much water makes it worse. Welcome to OG.

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’m convinced it’s lack potassium and too much water. Great advice thanks again Heliosphear.

5 Likes

I would go for Sulfur, watching where the yellowing starts, don’t see the typical Potassium deficiency blotches and burnt leaf margins … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Thanks George, I will also try Sulphur. I fed my plants organic compost which has lots of banana leaves. Since I’m new to this I will learn a lot from members here. I really appreciate the tips!!

3 Likes

It appears that 2 plants are both having a nutrient problem at the same time, in my garden I would consider this to be a pH nutrient lock out. The chance that the soil is actually deficient of nutrients is almost zero.

2 Likes

Click Here (corrected link) to learn more about nutrient lock out. I do not recommend that you add nutrients of any kind at this time.

2 Likes

Back in my day… Stich is a legend Click here to gain the wisdom of the past and use it for a better gardening future.

The best nutrient deficiency guide on OG by Mr. Highway

Bookmarked that one, great info Arriba|nullxnull, thanks for sharing … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

From the HIGHway

The nutrients being locked out is a hint to the pH of the root zone, the most common reason for pH to flux is over watering and or the water pH is high 7.5 and up. a soil pH above 7.5 leads to lock out of several nutrients. Potassium and sulfur pH lock out are in this area.

Whatever it is that you decide to do to save your plants, nothing is instantaneous and if all goes well, it will take two weeks for you to notice a difference that makes you feel better.