Flushing too soon?

Well that’s embarrassing. :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::poop:

2 Likes

I am feeling better today, actually got out and managed to do some stuff. I don’t think you will need 10 grows to get the hang of it lol.

I was pissed as well, you would have thought they would have given a warning, so people could make arrangements to meet up else where, rather than casting everyone adrift in cyberspace. Made some great friends and lost half of them, but we seem to be being drawn back together slowly.

Here we have more friends to make, so it’s not all bad. Bigger community means more knowledge and experience to learn from, it’s just going to get better. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good to have you back in duty! As long as we have the same “hobby” :grin: it will be easier to meet again friends in similar places, I disagree with the concept of “the bigger the better” I’ve been in various forums and in one of them a grow journal had 72 pages with 20% of relevant information, if you ask something your post can get diluted between 50 others in the same day and there are twenty forums with fifty subforums, my posts were moved twice lol …

Small communities are better for knowing other people, and as long as you’re not a stranger it is easier to get help from others. I really enjoy this forum, especially the feature of not having to go through pages, just an infinite one :grin:.

Tomorrow I will get my compact microscope, I hope I will be able to post some clear photos of the trichomes to have some guidance, still see naked eye some shiny ones, cheers …

1 Like

It’s both really so you are right. :slight_smile: What the salts do is reduce the osmotic potential across the cell wall, thereby reducing the amount of water the plant can take up. So you are basically water stressing the plant. The catch is that this also disrupts the transport of nutrients, and in particular phosphorus so it can and does ‘damage’ the plant. That said it IS a stress response you are triggering. Either nutrient salts or common salt cause the same result, it’s just that high EC with nutrients is often accompanied by other issues such as nutrient toxicity etc. Some studies report a near doubling of essential oils and terps in some herb species.

2 Likes

High everyone, finally got my microscope, I attach some pics in case you experts can tell me what should be my schedule (flushing again, harvest …). Thanks for your input …

2 Likes

You have a couple of weeks yet with that plant. 3 maybe even 4. Not even seeing any cloudy trichomes.

2 Likes

That’s crazy! lol I switched to 12/12 on the 17th of December, seems to be the never ending story, thanks for the info, that was fast … :grin:

2 Likes

Cannabis never does what it’s supposed too do. It’s an unruly beast :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s produced some nice clear, high detail pictures. When checking trichomes, forget about the leaves gauge it only on the buds.

When they start to go milky they will lose a lot of sparkle.

1 Like

Yeap, I remember when you spoke about shiny trichomes in the past. I had to cut a sample to make the pics, that’s why I have chosen sugar leaves and just one top of a bud. So what shall I do? Change water back to the AN 1-2-3 recipe LabRat suggested? I have lost many big fans by yellowing with this flushing interruptus, do you think I can make things go faster by changing lights to 11/13 as someone suggested? Shall I start a stamp collection instead? :grin: Thanks for your help, really missed it …

I am not sure about changing your light timing.

I think I would go back to adding the nutes, they will pick up again and get more size and weight. The plant will take what it wants, when it stops eating, your nutrient ppm depletion will slow down, when that happens the plant is getting ready to die, at that point I would flush.

You may as well get as much out of it as you can, waste of electric, to keep starving it.

2 Likes

I started to give here nutes (not many) when Palindrome suggested it to me, for the first time I saw the ppm decreasing from one day to another. Tomorrow I will change the water and keep feeding her with a 600 ppm range. I don’t know if after more than two weeks cannibalizing herself she is too weak, have lost many big fan leaves and I don’t know if she wants to be back in business.

I will check the ppm as you say to see if she stops eating and prepares to die (looks like a sad story :cry:). Hope it is not far the day I will learn to be patient and don’t panic, I appreciate all your advice …

1 Like

Yeah those tricomes are clear as crystal so it looks a way off yet. The Critical + I have grown has been pretty quick to finish. Is this a Dinafem seed? If so, watch for mould, they are prone to it if it gets too humid, I can’t speak for anyone elses version. Critical 2.0 is less so, but I have still lost a large pile outdoors from bud rot and It’s heartbreaking. It’s an awesome plant though.

2 Likes

Don’t talk to George about humidity and mold he will start to cry. I think he runs 2 dehumidifiers just to keep it around 50%.

2 Likes

lol, well better to know it now I hope than open the tent one day to a mushroom invasion. That’s a real downer.
I’m also in the tropics where you can cut the air with a knife. This time of year for us is a nightmare! Short of aircon, nothing works. It’s almost worth shutting down for 2 months here. Almost :wink:

2 Likes

He lost a good bit of his first grow outside to mold. That’s when he moved the garden inside. When you live close to a warm sea, you’re always going to suffer with humidity unfortunately.

I am only 10 minutes from the ocean only it’s not warm lol. The humidity here sucks as well. Most outdoor grower’s here get mold problems.

3 Likes

The high humidity will slow down the change in the trichomes. If at all possible try and get the light a little closer without burning. That should speed up the colour change a little :+1:

2 Likes

I started using air-conditioning last spring right through to October, once we get above plus 10C it’s a struggle to keep the heat and humidity down with just normal air extraction.

1 Like

And who wouldn’t cry after watchinG this photo’

A ruined Early Skunk pretty near harvest … :sob:

I had a “mobile platform” :grin: to move the plants to the sun or under cover when it rained, one day I was away,it started an unpredictable rain and the plant was coitus …

So I bought a tent and forget about growing outdoors. I bought two little humidifiers as you said but that was not enough, so on Black Friday I found a bargain and bought a pro une. Now I never go up 60% humidity and in flower stage 50% or even less …

My seed is Dinafem, but two more weeks and I will have to take her to school :grin:, I suppose this slow process might be from not optimal conditions (never talked to her :smile:) Perhaps too cold, water temperature (I have bought a water thermostat), who knows …

5 Likes

I feel ya brother. I switched to 12/12 on the 20th of November and my black domina still doesn’t look done… And that’s a mostly Afghani plant.

Sometimes I just don’t even keep track of the days. The time that breeders quote is rarely when Ichop my plants. They’re done when they’re done.

3 Likes