Flushing too soon?

It’s nigh mode and right now the humidity is 51% and temperature 19.5 ºC, she lives better than me :grin:. The nearest bud is 42 cm away from light bulb, do you think it can go closer? Thanks …

1 Like

I like the name :grin:, they say 8 weeks indoor and it’s an Indica so supposed to be faster, tahnks for pointing this out, I swear I will never look this type of information in the seeds description :laughing:, I will run a Sativa next time as it seems we should have plenty of time before harvesting …

2 Likes

Move it down an inch or two per day until you hit around 12 inch (30cm) closer if possible. Best way to check us hold your hand at canopy hight and if it feels uncomfortable move it slightly higher. My plants get conditioned to the lights gradually and are practically touching the strips but I’m using solstrip led

2 Likes

i dont think people usually smoke the leaves though

1 Like

English is not my maternal language so sorry if I didn’t express myself correctly, I tried to say that you would smoke the nutrients, not the leaves. When you flush it is a sort of irrigation of the plant and soil, you rinse nutrients, chemicals or organic fertilizers, minerals and all you have used to feed your plant, that makes taste better the buds and it is smoother to smoke (or vape in my case).

2 Likes

I used to, when I started growing in the UK back in the 80’s. Daylight doesn’t drop enough to get buds until November, so all we did was smoke leaves.

2 Likes

no i realize what you were trying to say, but i don’t see how the color of the leaves would affect the ‘nutrients’ present in the flowers … maybe if you flushed it til the flowers were yellow :confused:

My problem is that I flushed too early and keep the plant without nutes for more than two weeks, I have lost many big fan leaves, and they are crucial for this last flower stage, they absorb “sunlight” from my grow lamp and turn it into sugar or energy to build the buds. They also store nutrients, so when I will flush for the second time, I won’t have those nutrients available, that’s why I’m worried about …

1 Like

Now you can make hash, has oil, butter, cakes or use as a pizza topping :grin:, guess in the 80’s internet wasn’t available lol …

1 Like

I’ve tried to translate coitus but I cant figure out what do you mean by that. Can you tell me what does that mean? Is it like death by spider mites or some bug/disease that likes humidity? Or it just drown because of too much Water from rain?

I only flush soon when it’s a stinky one. Usually I wait until I’m done wiping.

We are talking about toilets right?

I’m not sold on flushing. I am sold on reducing feed since the plants usually tell me this when feed levels rise between res changes.

5 Likes

Well, that’s Latin and it means fck¨d lol, (I have learned it from my master Shadey). The plant had much rain and the buds were wet, they developed mold as here in the North there’s a lot of humidity, so I had to throw it away. There were three plants, so two left. Next time it rained, it was in the middle of the night and the plants were uncovered, so I ran down and blew them with a hairdryer and leaf blower to dry the buds. What happened? Please check the pic:

The buds were burnt by the wind and heat :weary:, fortunately, there was a survivor, I bought a tent and finished harvesting it. Hard lessons in the newbie stage. Growing indoors may be not very ecological but is safer in all matters …

4 Likes

Thanks, I think there is already a thread about this: To flush or not to flush, it is not a religion so everyone can choose to do it or not, guess this is not the matter we are discussing here, cheers …

2 Likes

The plant is a living dead lol but at least she has started to eat again and the ppm’s are lowering. I don’t know if I am too optimistic but do you see milky trichomes in this pics from today? (They are all taken from the bud, thx Shadey for the tip). Appreciate your thoughts, desperately need some good news … :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Nope still weeks yet.

That’s how you want them :+1:

3 Likes

See how they have a smokey grey look??? That’s cloudy. The amber you can see hopefully

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply and the pic, leaves are yellow and clear green, I don’t know if just while eating she can get healthy again (or ar least better good looking :smile:) and have enough strrenght to thicken the buds and end the process, this is no life! :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Leaves are like that as she’s hungry. She will bounce back but the leafs won’t change back to green so remove them as they dry out and go crispy. Keep feeding her until pistils turn brown and shrivel into the bud then check trichomes again. Honest you have weeks yet before she’s ready

2 Likes

Pistils are already brown and shriveling into the bud (please check pics), I am already removing crispy leafs, seems crazy if I have weeks ahead, flowering stage started on the 17th of December. Let me abuse once more of your patience, what would be the correct range of ppm’s to have her back in business? Thanks …

4 Likes

This late into flower around 800 ppm will be just enough to feed her and keep her going. It’s supposedly a 50 day bloom but obviously it’s not. You have plenty trichomes on her but just not developed enough. The pistils may be shrinking but I bet she’s still shooting more out. To make the trichomes age faster. Lower the humidity and move your light as close as you can to the canopy.
Edit - looking at the pictures if you give her time she will grow much bigger. Her swell doesn’t seem to have started. When did you go 12/12?

3 Likes