Flushing too soon?

Flowering stage started on the 17th of December. When you speak about swelling you speak about the buds? The humidity is around 50-55% and I was using actually 800 ppm, thanks for confirming it. I will try to put the light closer and cross my fingers. I cannot imagine the reason for this slow process, maybe ambient and water temperature too low? Perhaps it wasn’t a good idea to grow the plant in winter, I wanted to check if that was possible, who knows …

3 Likes

Some plants just take longer. It’s nature at its best :+1:

3 Likes

Well, if this is the best what would be the worse? :sweat_smile: If we lose the few references we have, (breeders schedule for harvesting) it is easy to make mistakes as I did by flushing too soon. I will keep an eye on this lady to see if I can finally arrive at a happy end, next one will be an Early Skunk, five months time seems an endless story for having a decent harvest …

3 Likes

Trichomes are what you need to watch. Good luck

4 Likes

If shes not ready shes not ready, she is on the way and the trichs are starting to change, you are just going to have to be patient man lol. A plants leaves are like our fat cells for energy when we cant eat we just start burning fat cells. All those leaves dying off will just mean less trimming :slight_smile: those buds will still get bigger, so keep feeding her until she doesn’t want anymore.

We should do a sweep stake on how long before the trichs are getting a few amber ones lol. I recon 19 more days.

3 Likes

I am going to piss inside the pot! :smiling_imp: 19 more days? :confounded: Are you kidding? :hushed: That will make five months since it was born and another month to cure, is that normal? Just two plants a year? :dizzy_face: I think I will check the light change to 11/13 (if she thinks she is going to die perhaps she will move faster), I have already put the light nearest (enough not to burn), let’s see those 19 days :smile:, anyone more wants to bet?

Thanks for the fat explanation, if all the leaves are gone or yellow and the last forthcoming 55 :smile: days I keep her with low nutes I wouldn’ need to flush again? I’ve got the feeling that I had to dance with the ugliest girl in the dance room :scream:, at least glad to see you back in duty …

2 Likes

From seed, if not auto, you need two months to become sexually mature, then two months minimum flower time, sometimes three so yeah, 6 months to get cured bud is about right. It’s not excessive.

This is why people have a mother plant and take clones, which are already sexually mature, they take two weeks to root, then you can just veg them for two weeks and flower them so you get four crops a year.

3 Likes

Pick a faster growing strain next time and give it as much light as possible and keep the light as close to the canopy as you can without burning. Obviously your plant does not like it’s growing environment so I suggest you make some alterations to it. My grows I veg for 4-5 weeks depending on the strain stats. Very rarely they finish on the breeder stated times. Cannabis growing is NOT for the impatient. You CAN force them to finish a little quicker via stress but that ultimately results in a smaller yield and a chance that they will grow balls on you.

4 Likes

@MicroDoser Thanks, clones may be a solution, but as it is for my own consume I am looking for variety and try different strains, Critical + will definitely not be in my list :smile:. Perhaps an auto is a good solution, as you can play with the light cycle to make her grow faster. My experience is too short so didn’t realize they couldn’t take that long, I will try to do things better in the next one, appreciate your help …

@Esrgood4u Well, 45-50 days for flowering stage sounded good to me :pensive:. As reality was another guess you’re right and the plant conditions weren’t optimal. My first grow was an Early Skunk auto, and that was pretty fast :smile:, she finished devoured by mold :cry: but perhaps she gave me a wrong idea of the duration of the grow cycle.

I sure may look and be impatient, it’s the first time I can vape my own weed and want to achieve good results ignoring the long route of learning and experiencing. It is good to have you there you people to show me the facts of green life and calm my impatientness, thanks for it …

3 Likes

Autos take just as long as photo period plants do. Only difference is you can’t control when they bloom/flower. You can leave the light on 24/7 through the entire autoflower grow and that will help lower the humidity, keep your temperatures stable and as more light will mean better stronger growth. Autos also don’t feed as heavily as photo period plants do so you will save a little cash on nutrients BUT your power usage will greatly increase :+1:

4 Likes

I personally do not flush until the plant is at a point that it can be harvested. No time counting, just when the plan appears about done. If you have grown this specific strain, you will know when that is. But if it’s your first time, you cannot really trust a standard recommended time frame. I also only have done about a week for a hydro flush(DTW coco in my case). Hydro should flush alot quicker than soil since you have 100% control of the nutrient levels in the medium. IMO YMMV

4 Likes

Thanks, that’s a good tip, I think I am going to buy LED lights, that will balance it, cheers …

3 Likes

More lights George, then you will be thinking I have a spare light, may as well get another tent and before you know it, you are running a perpetual flower and veg tents. It’s a slippery slope lol

4 Likes

I will use the right shoes not to slipper! :laughing: Nope, as I have a small tent and a bigger one I just can use the small one with the bulb light for veg in winter ( so I won’t need the extractor) and the bigger with LED for flowering in the hot season. That makes sense :innocent: (at least for me). You musn’t put all your eggs in the same basket lol. At the beginning from three plants there was a (lucky) survivor, so maybe I will run two or three in different stages.

I browsed this forum and discovered the Frisian Duck, so maybe I will have two or three in the garden as they look like lilacs and still have to learn how to grow in soil. Guess down that slope I would meet many friends, your grow room looks like a jungle! :grin:

3 Likes

Looks good for camouflage. It could be a good plant to grow for your climate as well.

2 Likes

" tough and easy to grow, perfect for less experienced growers": That’s me! :laughing: I’ll be more careful with the weather forecast and will have the big tent empty for late summer-autumn, some strategy needed in this business, I am already making a seed-grow calendar like a farmer (notice I have said nothing about harvest :sweat:), still counting days …

2 Likes

Hows your week been George, those trichs clouding up more yet?

2 Likes

High @Shadey , as a week has passed since your prophecy I was going to ask you :smile:. You said I shouldn’t check the sugar leaves trichomes but the bud ones. I only see tiny leaves in the buds and don’t know where to look at. Here are the latest pics:

:cold_sweat:
I see some activity but guess that reluctant plant is pulling my leg. I see less yellow leaves but mostly because I trimmed the crisped ones. The plant seems to eat and my entire house smells like Heaven :smile:

Hope you can give me some clue of what’s going on, thanks for asking …

5 Likes

I see mainly cloudy with some amber happening :+1:
Maybe 1 more week depending on how stoney you like it

4 Likes

Hey @Esrgood4u, you’re right, I have seen it now with more detail, maybe I should be thinking on lowering really down the nutes (actually 800 ppm) and maybe a late short flush, thanks for your help …

3 Likes