Flushing too soon?

The trichomes are no longer like glass. Most are cloudy/smokey. I’ve highlighted where I can see amber forming. Another week like I said and it will be more obvious to you.

3 Likes

Thanks, too many hours with computers :sweat_smile: and my age doesn’t help either, now I know where and what to look at, should have bet a pizza with @Shadey :smile:, appreciate your help …

2 Likes

Flushing is a myth mate but each to their own. I used to flush each grow but now I just taper off the ppm levels. Your plants swell the most in the final 2 weeks of its life so why starve it?? When you chop them down and trim just remove as much of the leaf matter as you can as that is what contains most of the chlorophyll that causes the irritation and allow a slightly longer cure.

3 Likes

Yes, I remember you saying that, how many ppm’s means for you “tappering off the ppm levels”? As it already had a more than two weeks hunger strike I guess this time I can follow your advice …

2 Likes

Maybe half it and check the trichomes again in a few days. If the colour change is a lot more obvious then drop it further. Your trying to feed her just enough to keep her going without totally starving her. I try to take my girls when around 20% amber but sometimes life doesn’t go as planned and I take them earlier/later than I’d like. Cloudy trichomes are when the THC is at its peak. Allowing 20% amber ensures you get a body stone instead of it being all heady :+1:

2 Likes

I already have couchlock Amnesia (my first successful grow :smile:) so guess this time I will look for something different and chop it earlier. Thanks for your really clear and specific instructions, I will follow them from now on. Hope someday I will do all this in a more automated way, I would like to understand what my plant tries to tell me, but I am still far away from that point, still need translators :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I learn new stuff daily. For me this is a hobby that pays me back at the end of each grow and stops me helping my local street dealer to pay for his new car/house/watch. It’s therapeutic, helps with my cppd and saves my a lot of cash :+1: it’s a win win

6 Likes

You go bye the trichs on the buds, not the 3 and 5 finger leaves coming off or between the buds. So you can go by the trichs on the tiny leaves that make up the bud. Like the ones you are taking pics of are good.

So a week more probably only 4 days off, possibility not, what are the lower buds looking like the top ones are always a bit ahead of the game :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the useful tip, I trimmed many lower buds, so they are mostly at the top. It’s an interesting point of view the different stage of development. Here’s one from the top:

They clearly look more fatty and healthy than tis from a lower level:

Do you think the last two days I can drain all the water and keep her in the darkness to increase the resin (sounds cruel :cry:) as I did in soil or DWC is different? Cheers …

3 Likes

I dont know about the 2 days of dark before harvest, but I would leave the water in to help with your flush and the plants can keep cannibalizing the leaves up until you chop them. A few just starting to amber there as well, looking like they are close.

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right, I will not drain the water. I will check those trichomes and start the ending process in a couple of days I guess. She has already cannibalized herself for more than two weeks so now there are only the leftovers :grin:, let’s see if there is finally a happy end. If so it will be mostly because of all this help I found here, appreciate … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

That was prophetic! :smile: Do you think I can chop tomorrow? (I don’t know how fast they degrade in amber). Finally close to a happy end after all, thanks … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’d say chop. Plenty of amber on her now. The trichome pictures are amazingly clear and focused. What scope did you use??

5 Likes

So what I would do, if there is enough space, would be to have an area for seedlings and young plants, and another space for flowering. Then it will not matter how long it takes to become mature you can get plants ready to flower in the first space, then move them over to the flowering area and have 5 plants a year.

If you take a cutting before you flower you can grow a plant you particularly like again (and again and again). If you really like it you could cross it with something else you like (there are techniques to get your plant to make pollen for this purpose).

The best way to find something is to make it :wink:

4 Likes

@Esrgood4u Thanks, you mean right now? This is the scope I used, the same model is available in Spain, guess its cheap and chinese but it does its job …

@MicroDoser Crossing maybe in next years :smile:, still have many things to learn! Thanks for the advice, I have already a small tent and a big one, was thinking about buying two 300W LED lamps, one for the veg tent and then join them both in the big one for flower. Still have more than a jar of my first successful grow, an Amnesia I chopped in the middle of October, so with just a plant at once it will be fine for me. Starting soon with Frisian Duck in soil and outdoors, spring is coming and I have to take advantage of that, now that I almost managed to grow a plant in winter.

There are many strains to test before starting to clone or cross, seeds are cheap if you compare it with what I was paying to my dealer :slight_smile: , I’m not in a hurry to acquire the level you folks here have, it’s easier to be a noob so your sins are faster forgiven and forgotten :sweat_smile:, still not ready to start a Grow room, appreciate your help …

4 Likes

No you don’t need to chop straight away. She will be fine for a day or two. Trim jail time :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks, no problem with that, I love the smell of sticky fingers … :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Looking good George, number 2 almost done, I would say they are ready, are they flushed enough now, for you, or are you going to let them run a bit longer to make sure?

2 Likes

Guess I have invented the pre-flushing :smile:, as she was more than two weeks flushing, all the excess nutes were blown away and I have fed her with less than 400 ppm the last week, so guess she’s ready to go and tomorrow will chop.

I prefer those amber trichomes not to expand too much, as the Amnesia I still have is really couchlock and I am looking for something different.

I will cure and burp it for at least a month to make sure everything’s OK, still making mistakes in #2 but at least they are not lethal as in the past :laughing:, had a good trainer, thanks for that … :+1:

4 Likes

Take your time and a little bit extra care and remove as much of the leafs as you can while trimming. You can probably get away with slow drying for a week to 10 days and a 2 week cure for it to be smokable. Longer is obviously better though :v:

3 Likes