Flushing with Epsom salt[Solved]

Hi guys,I wanted to now if anyone has ever flushed with Epsom salt.I read It online,someone wrote Epsom salt Is very good to help flushing salts in the medium…Wtf Epsom Is already a salt…?!

1 Like

I feed my plants Epsom salt, I don’t flush them with it. Sounds odd to me.

4 Likes

Could you tell me a good ratio Epsom salt in 5 liters of water ?So if I use it(not to flush) I should not add Calmag to my distilled water right?
@DougDawson

1 Like

Distilled water has nothing in it so Calmag would be a solution. I use tap water which contains calcium so I dropped the Calmag and just add epsom. Here is what I feed most of the plants lives. Basically from early veg till the last few weeks when I start scaling back.

Epsom = 1 to 1.5 grams per gallon, 1 gram in veg and 1.5 in flower.
Micro = 6.67 is 33.35 ML per 5 gallon
Grow = 6.67 is 33.35 ML per 5 gallon
Bloom = 8.3 is 41.5 ML per 5 gallon

11 Likes

Some salts can assist with displacing other salts.

But flushing isn’t necessary at all, so no worries about it.

Epsom salt is harmless and a good source of Mag and Sulfur but be careful not to upset the balance too much. I find epsom supplementally can do more harm than good. Too much magnesium can interfere with uptake of other more important nutrients like potassium and calcium.

9 Likes

So,no Need Epsom since I use biobizz calmag,got it

1 Like

I Will stay within biobizz calmag chart ml to liter of water,and forget about Epsom,since I still can flush with Plain water,right?I would not have any advantage on using It for flush
Edit-I saw the chart @DougDawson ,what do you mean by micro?

1 Like

I don’t flush and don’t see a reason for anyone to, but if you want to it isn’t going to hurt anything.

3 Likes

I would say you could skip the Epsom salt if using Calmag. Like @vernal points out, you have to watch your plants for issues. I dropped the Calmag because I switched from RO to tap water. Since tap water has calcium in it and too much calcium can lock out potassium and magnesium I just added Epsom. It’s all about a balancing act.

3 Likes

I did put today 310 ppm of water nutes(biobizz) and the First drops of runoff showed 770 ppm,having nasty yellowing and Brown/purple pointy patches on those yellowing leaves,up from bottom to top,progressing,still 33 days,serious injuries to my autoflowers,I wanted to flush to reset the soil,as I Guess there Is lockout

1 Like

That’s GH Micro, Grow and Bloom nutes I am using. What is your medium? I am in coco and don’t have any need to flush. Flushing is more for when the grower makes a mistake and does not have the balance right so they flush out their coco to resolve it but if feeding right I don’t see any benefit to it.

2 Likes

Soil,very unbalanced since I am fighting with this plant since day 13
@DougDawson

2 Likes

That’s a much trickier game when talking soil and flushing. I feel its much more for coco and such. Let’s call in someone that seems to know much about soil. What do you think @ReikoX ?

4 Likes

Flushing is for toilets.
There is no scientific evidence proven flushing plants before you harvest has any effect. If anything the final weeks is when they bulk up and fatten the most. It seems counter productive starving them when they are using the most energy.
If your having a fert or pH issue then flushing with PhD water to reset the medium is great :+1:

7 Likes

That s my main purpose.Was assking about this Epsom salt thing I read.Seems to be Bro science this far

1 Like

Most “finishing” nutrients contain a lot of magnesium so I can understand where your coming from :+1:

1 Like

I am waiting for an opinion from @ReikoX over flushing my soil to reset It for food,since i tried twicr and still got problems.I Will close the thread when asked this question,thank you so much guys,you are Amazing people,very friendly and kind

1 Like

@ReikoX will say flushing is for toilets also bro. :rofl:

1 Like

Oh shit,gotta go to the bathroom then ahahah.
I mean,resetting the soil shouldnt be hard work right?

1 Like

I like gypsum

3 Likes