Follow my first grow "sensi skunk" led 475 w (temporally under x2 70w cobs)

hi this is actually my second grow first being years ago lol. These are seeds(feminized) from sensi bank and are sensi skunk they are currently on day 6 from popping soil they are in my little incubator room currently under a modified 1200w(stated but know where near) Chinese led lamp it does actually draw 475w after being modified now they are in standard high quality compost at the mo till i decide what to do with them thinking scrog as i only have 3 ladies ive read so many diarys etc on here and know exactly how much help you guys give so any and all help is most welcome i aim to post often so we will see how it goes

18 Likes

Hi @wildboyz1
Welcome to OG.
I wish you success on your grow,
If you have any questions or concerns, ask away, and you will receive oodles of feedback.
Have fun.

9 Likes

so i decided to change lights to these 70w cob led lights growth change over 2 days was much better will keep them under for another week i think do these look healthy they are 8 days from seed thanks

11 Likes

For anybody that’s interested these cobs i bought were only £7.50 each i bought 8 of them with the intent on building a sort of quantum slimline type of board i must say im very impressed with them they are super bright currently they are on dual heatsink plate keeps them pretty cool the pair are drawing 108 watts between them but can go even more (needs fans though) currently running on a modded cpu power supply they are on pretty much min here thanks

8 Likes

Do you have a link to those cobs? Plants are looking very good for only 8 days, I would have guessed 10+ for sure. Keep doing what you’re doing!

2 Likes

thanks beacher theres a link to them here this is where i got mine think they put the price up a little
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-12V-70W-7000LM-LED-Panel-Strip-COB-Chip-Light-Lamp-220X120mm-White-Warm-White/163489729435?hash=item2610bf4b9b:m:mHjLdsbQRt5DEhTJYs26ANQ

5 Likes

i have to admit also im getting a reading of 21000 lumen at 15 inch’s not 7000 and heres a test vid must say with heatsinks its deffo a different light thanks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I38jTA0-jzo

4 Likes

Those look very useful, especially at that price. Thanks for the link!

3 Likes

DAY 9 from seed under the two cob leds they seem to love this light at the moment

9 Likes

any body in the uk want to swap a couple of good seeds for a cob or 2? :innocent:

hehehe

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

haha i thought wtf u posted that for then i remembered my name lol cheers pmsl:joy:

3 Likes

DAY10 from seed gave them their first feed yesterday home made mix of 1/8th strength kno3, sulfur, calcium, phosphorus looks like they responded well they’ve nearly doubled in a few days under the two cob lights and roots are now coming out bottom of pots need to finish my main growroom asap now lol

8 Likes

DAY 11 down to 2 fems had to repot today mesh bottom rdy for hydro had to donate 1 to my dad as he wants to cross it with one of his royal gorilla males for some seeds seeds bless him hes 72 got him into it 7yrs ago bloody loves it now even got me back too it ohh well wait for some decent clones now

5 Likes

I read your first post as you were an English man. The £7.50 here confirms this :rofl: where those boards from brother wanna have a look at data sheets

Edited to say seen the post above now

theres links above to site and test video pal

I found it as you were typing buddy

my par meter comes tomoss so i will do a proper grid test if you want

1 Like

Always game for data. I use citizen cluo38 1206’s which are apparently 8643.8lm per COB @ max 58.8w. (I know lumens irrelevant but you get that @£6 a chip in small bundles). About £3.50 a piece if you buy trays of 48
I actually put a battery in the “almost par meter” I made a bit ago today. You had better luck getting a quantum meter here than I did lol.

My light should apparently put out around 33075lm @ 225w

Which if web based converters are anything to go by should mean 629.33umol/s

3 Likes

well would highly recommend you try one of these just need to run at 5 amp so you need another heatsink and small fan but they get bright

1 Like