ParkersPurps multi-strain MILF hunt

Yoooo finally at a semi permanent spot where I have more room to grow! Got 4 strains goin this round, 2 of each.

Get to test out my 1000w HID and 1000w LED next to each other.

Edit: finally done popping beans! I am currently running:
2 Dark Ghost Train (Rare Dankness)(Ghost Train Haze #1 x Grape Ape)

1 Forbidden Fruit (itza419) (Tangie x Cherry Pie)

1 G13 x Skunk

3 Watermelon Star Pupil x Prayer Pupil (MMS)

2 Star Pupil (MMS)

3 Alien Rift (Ocean Grown Seeds)

2 RibCrushers (Citrus City OG F4 x CCOG F5) x( 77 Bubba) (Bred by 42)

4 Oregon Huckleberry F3 I got from @Hugh_Glass unsure of the lineage behind this one so if someone could fill me in I’d appreciate it.

14 Likes

Sounds like fun, I’ll pull up a chair :call_me_hand: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Really meant to add a lot more info for original post but was on a time crunch. Now that I’ve got a free second and a clear mind, here goes:

I will be testing a 1000W vivosun HID light next to a “1000W” LED. (What is the instrument called that let’s you measure electrical draw from the wall?) Cause I want an accurate wattage from LED.

FF is feminized (S/O to @itza419)
Dark Ghost Train is feminized
G13 x Skunk is regs
Alien rift is regs

I’ll be doing 8 5 gal pots in my new 4x8 tent. I’m gonna use a supersoil recipe similar to my last grow since it was so simple to mix and maintain. Water only is the way for me :call_me_hand:

Not really sure how long I’m gonna veg everything out for. I just feel like 8 plants in a 2x4 is gonna be space-inefficient. I’m using my old 2x4 as a veg tent, looking into getting an extra 5x5 just for shits n gigs. You can never have too much greenery, let’s be honest. The other issue I’m thinking about is if the 2x4 becomes overgrown(see what I did there) I think the 1000W lights will be too much for immature plants. But we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. Any suggestions to avoid that lemme know, I’m not very creative lol.

I’m really hoping to keep much better track of this grow since I have an entire 16x12 room for my operations. The issue with the last one was I had a small closet in my old apartment and the smell could be overbearing at times. Plus it’s hard to take a bunch of pics and updates If you can only open the tent for 60 seconds at a time due to smell. I digress. I will post photos of what I’ve got going on when I get home from work later today. I have my veg tent set up, still working on flower tent but I got a few weeks!

Been really excited to get a larger grow going with more space so woot woot for things going my way! Good vibes to anyone reading this and stay tuned for more.:v:

9 Likes

Lets hope that your F,F. doesnt take 11days after flip. I grew out mine in 16oz. root zone for cup challenge . Amazing results for such a confined space. 17 weeks from seed. be patient. that was my phenomenol results. go back and check out my results. cant wait for it.

2 Likes

Kill-o-watt meter - I love mine!
I’ve used it to determine power consumption of all my peripherals (fans, secondary lights, pump etc.)

https://www.amazon.com/kill-a-watt-meter/s?k=kill-a-watt+meter

Some of these folks selling ‘1000W LEDs’ have fanciful ideas when it comes to equivalency … :smile:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I did, awesome results for such a small space!! Hoping to get similar results

3 Likes

I also started germination on 4 Ghost Train Haze regs yesterday!

3 Likes

7 Likes

Looks like I’m getting a taproot on both sides???

6 Likes

Got 2 more Ghost Train Haze left to plant, still germinating.

The Dark Ghost Train is showing to be the quickest germinating and quickest developer.

11 Likes

Im only seeing growth above the soil on 4/10 cups. The Alien Rift seeds never really popped open like the rest, they just had strange white colored growth on the seed itself. I planted them anyways just hoping for the best but may start germinating more just incase the 2 I planted dont make it. Hoping for a male somewhere in here to collect pollen and start some breeding projects.

2 Likes

I also got a kilowatt meter and turns out my 180W LED is actually pulling 184 from the wall

10 Likes

4/10 seeds poppin thru at this point

8 Likes

So I have 5/10 seeds popped. I had to remove a few from the garden because they just weren’t gonna pull through. Sad day. Although I planted more alien rift, more Ghost Train, and 4 Oregon Huckleberry F2’s. Forgot who those came from, my bad. Really excited for this grow. I finally get to play with more space. It’s likely that I get another 5x5 tent to do some MILF hunting.

I did all my germination this grow with the soaking beans method and had very poor results this time around. Does it need to be completely dark for taproots to emerge? Wasnt really humid or warm in the germ area unfortunately. I switched to paper towel in ziploc bag and set on top of my grow light that’s on 24/7 right now.

Other than that, everything is goin pretty swell. Going to get soil and amendments today to mix up and begin cooking. I cant wait to get the 4x8 set up and get some plants growing in there :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Looking back through my messages, @Hugh_Glass sent the Oregon Huckleberry seeds. Popped 4 yesterday. Gonna clear out some room to accommodate for this 5x5 tent. Likely to run my Tangie seeds in there, may even pop my DJ short blueberry F5’s to see what the hubbub is about(or not about). Updates later today

4 Likes

Its to cold to put seeds in glass of water or paper towel with out a heating pad. The light may be to hot . I gt 99.9 % of my seeds to pop with this and the matching thermostat. I know it sucks spending money on stuff like this but it will save you money if all your seeds germinate.

4 Likes

Peace @anon80727880 I just recently soaked and germinated 13 beans. (12/13 germed) What I did was normal cup of water but I placed the cup on the top of my 315 CMH light fixture. This kept them warm enuff. Then I used the paper towel method with a sandwich bag and again back to the top of the light. The thing to remember is that it can’t get too hot or it will kill them. I was nervous about this so I had a couple of plastic grow bags to provide a buffer zone, but didnt seem good enuff for me. So I ended up putting a shoebox top up on the light and then added the bags back on top. All this was in the course of 2 days. As I said all but 1 bean popped and that on is back in paper towel (unfortunately just thinking about this I didnt put that back on the top of the light so its probably done now). Key point is add SOME heat, but make sure not to add TOO much. Like put it on the top of a TV or better yet top of the fridge as it will get warm but not too hot. For me tho best is a TV or light fixture with a buffer zone like a thin piece of cardboard. I trust this helps. Stay safe and grow hard✊🏿
Peace

2 Likes

@Hugh_Glass excellent point and thanks for the info on the seedling pad. I didn’t know it even existed. No brainer to invest a small amount to avoid overspending on extra beans.

@7ANJA7OD I did place the small containers with the soaking beans on top of the light. Really not sure what went wrong. I dont think it was too hot but hey I’ve been wrong before. I put the rest of the beans in a paper towel and set it on top of the light. Gonna check em in about an hour when I get home. Thanks for the wise words!

3 Likes

Ya it gets to be a pain in the ass to germinate seeds coming into winter. All we can do as humans is try to recreate the perfect germination climate. I personal have had bad luck with the cup of water . I like using the paper towel method between two dinner plates on a heating pad. Im my mind its like a nice warm leaf for the seeds.
Are those the g13 x skunk from mns we traded?

1 Like

Yes It is! One is good and one didnt make it. I still have a few to play with :sunglasses:

I just did the paper towel method yesterday and 2/5 seeds are already sprouted and planted. It is definitely the way I’ll proceed moving forward. Hopefully I get a gnarly mother from the G13xSkunk

4 Likes