Forbidden fruit

18 Likes

15 Likes

Looks tasty! Love the name

1 Like

Is that the same as this one?
http://canadianseedbank.ca/index.php?route=product/product&path=18&product_id=29

is this from a light dep? oris it an old picture, looks like the fire!

@Billy it is from last seasons outdoor
@cannaloop those would not be the same what I grew was a cutting from the original pheno picked by the breeder. In all honesty it’s amazing looking and smelling herb but the flavor of california orange isent my favorite so I dident keep it. It has sense become very popular in the California bay area and is available as a clone but there are already several knock offs being made. Its cherry pie x tangie and the california orange flavor is stronger in it then in the tangie itself. I should also mention everybody who smoked it absolutely loved it and the smell is amazing I just realy dont like the taste myself. I actualy gave most of it to a friend who swears cherry pie crosses help him with pain.
Here is a link to info on the breeder and the strain itself
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://cannabisnow.com/forbidden-fruit/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiWyKC15pLhAhWSlp4KHRfUC78QFjAPegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0koZGPcbKBEL_j_bpzJxH1&ampcf=1

6 Likes

Also should add the clone is $80 dollers from the breeder ,it did slip out of his hands and can be found elsewhere I got it from a club in oakland for $30 but it was before it got popular. Now there is a dutch company claiming to have created it and seeds are being sold ,people will pop those and sells cuts that are not the correct pheno. I cant even explain how many seeds companies I see making false claims about creating a strain even when the original source is known. Those companies should be ashamed there not only claiming others work as there own and waisting peoples time and money but the muddle up the history of strains and there genetics. There are more scammers and ripp off artists in the seed and cannabis Industry then ever before.

6 Likes

I was at a gathering in Mendo where jars of this were at every table.
It has that tangerine smell and flavor that brought me back to the first time I noticed weed - at a Paige and Plant convert when I was in 7th grade.

Is it a clone only or a seed variety? I got some “cali” weed in 2018/19 in Asia and one of the bags was “forbidden fruit” and it was black/purple and really frosty. Just curious, looks nice!

Seed. Its a Tangie cross

The old farmers commented that its basically the same thing they had back in the 80’s - same bud structure, same smell, same colors.
Stories get hazey

Oily short resin glands, as opposed to the hashplant kush types that’s abundant in the area

1 Like

Ok, don’t know what I got was “real” but it was dark. Can’t remember the flavor or high as I smoked a lot of SFV OG before and being used to thai I was crushed haha, thanks!

I love the smell but don’t like the taste , which is often how I feel about pine tree smelling herb also. Certain terp profiles seem to dominate in breeding. Everything I’ve ever smoked that comes from California orange tastes very similar.

6 Likes

i agree. that pinesol terp profile can be overwhelming. i smothers my taste buds and i cant taste anything else after that

I actualy like the floor cleaner lemon/pine type terps but the straight Xmas tree smelling and tasting stuff like train wreck or ghost train haze are putrid to me.
I’ve seen plants three crosses down from ghost train haze that still reeked of pine and ammonia type smells. It’s like the Cali orange it just dosent go away , even if it does for a generation it will come right back in following generations.
If you don’t want pine or dry orange terps in your lines be careful what you breed with because once it’s there it’s very hard to get back out.

2 Likes

I was just gonna say how much I like JTR more than the Tangie and Zkittles stuff

2 Likes

I’d wager quite a few strains are descended from a single, one-in-a-million phenotype. It’s really strange how people can buy even plants in one state, yet in another you’ll go to prison for it. Funny how cannabis went from a completely uncontrolled market, to an over-controlled market so quickly. Of course politicians are wondering why there is still a black market…

Things have changed that’s for sure, I keep hearing about this black market but from what I have seen in my area prop 64 killed medical cannabis and the black market. I’m sure this is not true in all areas but pre prop 64 in California everywhere you turned somebody was growing and had there own little hustle. Currently I only know a few people who grow for them selves and have not heard of anybody trying to sell any weed in several years, everybody is in line at the club to get what ever is being hyped up at the moment.

this 100%. there are no small time commercial guys in my area with the price of electricity these days. the dispensary bud is actually really good for the price point. i can get a zip of top shelf bud that is terpy as hell for like $100, thats at a legit store / has a receipt showing taxes paid. its insane how cheap bud is these days

1 Like