Foreveryoung's Perpetual Good Time Emporium

Yeah man, Loran is a special soul, as a breeder and an individual. A truly kind, genuine person. He had joined Motarebels (now Green Rebel Farm) a few years ago, not sure if he’s still with him.

:joy::joy::joy: well sounds like another few months of squinting at plants coming up. Ah man, I just do it now for all seed run plants. I just dont trust anything anymore.

Have 4 LBL above ground so far & 9 Chasca at this stage.

I also built this drying/curing/storing space.
Still working it out and dialling it in, but its pretty good as it is. I can keep it at 20c , 60%rh pretty consistently. Will start to store the jars in there too, once Ive finished moving things around to fine tune it.
Its a bit hotter than Id like right now, but we are having a heat wave right now, so it is what it is.

16 Likes

So Ive had 100% germ (13/13) on the Chasca and so far 6/11 from Long Bottom Leaf.
Even if no more LBL seeds germinate, Im still happy with the viability for the age of the seeds.

Also the heatwave seems to have passed, temps are pretty much back to normal.
It was 28c/82f during lights out 1 of the days, sitting around 33c/91 with lights on, I was worried about the seedlings being stretched by the heat.

13 Likes

That’s a heat wave :flushed:
My plants are always sitting on 33C …
Still, they are thriving…

Not even directly under the lights and the time is also accurate… :see_no_evil::sweat_smile:

8 Likes

:joy::joy: yeah @alwaysnoob even as I was typing I was thinking for some people on here thats a normal temperature.
But we don’t get temperatures like that normally.
High teens low 20s is more normal, with high humidity.
But we have hit the 30s a couple of times in the last few summers.

4 Likes

Yeah, dude, even with the AC running pretty much constantly during lights on, I can’t get temps below 84, 85 (I dunno what that is in Celsius haha). I’m actually kinda torn, been meaning to ask this on my thread, but because the AC’s running all the time, it really dries the air out or whatever (doesn’t help that humidity levels outside are like 20%). You think it’d be better to let the temps get higher with the AC running less, which would allow the humidifiers to do their thing? Or lower temps, lower humidity? I dunno how hot it’d get in there without constant AC. Maybe 90 or 91.

I guess what I’m asking is: which would be better? Temps in the high 80’s/low 90’s but humidity levels in the mid-to-high 40’s? Or temps in the mid-80’s but humidity levels in the mid-to-low 30’s? I’m inclined to go with the former, but I mean… 90 degrees… That’s hot haha.

3 Likes

If it were me @minitiger Id go with the cooler temps & lower r/h. My flower room pretty much always is around those temps/rh except for winter.
But I kinda have the opposite problem ambient rh% is always high pretty much. So Im trying to keep fungi out of the flower room.

90f does seem like a lot, but I did read a post on here about how we should have higher temps for running led comparative to hid.

Im not sure what the “right” answer is, but my gut would be to go with what you have. Is it possible to more humidifiers into your space?

Edit just read in your thread, you already have FIVE fecking humidifiers.

4 Likes

It seems I’ve somehow missed this thread. Lots of beautiful plants and great work! Paying attention now. :smiley: :+1:

7 Likes

Thanks very much @Floyd . Still a work in progress, but getting there.
Appreciate you taking a look.

3 Likes

Haha, yeah, I’m not buying another fucking humidifier.

Anyway, yeah, I’ll probably just let it ride, keep the AC running all the time and deal with the low humidity thing. I checked a second ago, humidity levels were at 46%, which is fine by me. Took one humidifier out to fill it up, maybe 90 seconds, and the humidity level dropped to 40%, just in those 90 seconds, sans one friggin’ humidifier. Crazy.

3 Likes

In BOG’s book Bonanza of Green he advises not going above 40%, which I know is lower than many cultivators, but look at what he did!

4 Likes

Yeah, when I start getting near the end, I definitely don’t mind the humidity levels getting a little lower. But I’m barely a month in right now, kind of would prefer if humidity levels were at least in the mid-40’s for most of the day. Whatever. I’m sure they’ll all be fine.

4 Likes

Some Dragons Blood x Apollo 11
Yeilds are down a bit due to auto dim adjusting down so much over the last few months. But Im not going to run out and it’ll take a little sting out of the electric bill haha.
Super frosty flowers

I’ve been thinking very strongly about growing my own mushrooms the last few months.
Haven’t taken hallucinogens in about 20 years.
I picked this book up and had been reading it enthusiastically. Untill a stretch in trim jail took up all my time.

I kinda feel like the universe is trying to push me a certain direction. Turns out theres a pretty decent size patch of liberty caps growing in my back garden.

Considering its still July and the season doesn’t start untill September/October Im really hopeful theres more to come. It did rain for pretty two days straight while still pretty warm, so the r/h was pretty high, but with cold night time temps, guessing this is what brought them in so early?

15 Likes

They are saprotrophic so they should be there all year, maybe next too.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

That is what I have to live with. I never understood all the de-humidifiers. I have Central heating and air. Than last fall in the 2 week I didn’t need to run either I got moldy bud. I cut that branch. Luckily by them it was time for the furnace and dry (teens) air.

PS you got me beat I only have 4.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Oooh, man, that Dragon’s Blood x A11 looks tasty. They actually remind me a ton of the straight Apollo 11 f4’s of Bodhi’s I’ve grown a couple times, all sorta “fuzzy”-looking. I think Bodhi described it as “seal fur,” which I thought was pretty accurate haha.

Do it! Haha. You may wanna consider picking up Paul Stamets’ “Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms,” too. I’ve slowly been reading it; it’s kinda considered the best mushroom-growing book for people who don’t know how to grow mushrooms. Like me haha. He’s pretty well-thought of in the mushroom-growing community, kind of considered one of the “gurus,” actually. I bought that book after I ate some shrooms last November for the first time in about twelve years, just because, like weed, I was like,”Why am I paying for this if I can do it myself?” haha.

I’ve kinda lost the desire to grow my own shrooms for the time being. Sometimes lately I haven’t even felt like dealing with the weed plants. I figured, you know,”If I’m having trouble even getting motivated to water some days, maybe I should hold off on starting a new thing.” But I’m sure I’ll start growing my own shrooms at some point relatively soon. It’s better than paying $400 an ounce…

Haha. I mean, I grew up in Florida, so I could see a dehumidifier being useful some place gnarly-humid like that. But yeah, with the AC running all the time, you’d think they wouldn’t be necessary no matter where you are. The part of LA I live in, it’s just insanely dry all the time. That, coupled with having to run the AC in the summer, makes things difficult. It’s easier in the winter, though. I just run the lights at night, open the window in the grow room and put a box fan in front of it, close the vent, no need for AC or heat.

Do you have to use dehumidifiers, @Foreveryoung? I’d imagine you might.

4 Likes

Had a few coming up here early as well. I have a jar of corn that is full of mycelium ready to run, but with the house up for sale I don’t want to put them in my monotub atm.

Mrs Shadey and I microdosed for about 8 months last year, then the use gradually tailed off as we felt so much happier.

If they are growing wild I wouldn’t bother trying to grow them until they stop. You can hunt out the largest wild ones and take spore prints for future grows.

6 Likes

Thats really cool @Gpaw I did not know that, but it really helps explain why I come across random individuals at times of the year that I wouldnt expect to see mushrooms.
So is it the case, the mycelium is constantly present and that specific climatic conditions will make them fruit more abundantly.
There is definitely much more liberty caps here around September/October. Or maybe Im just not looking the rest of the year.

If I put 4 or 5 humidifiers like you & @minitiger in my home it would literally turn into a cloud haha.

Haha man, that perfectly describes it. It really is like that silver sheen a seals fur

Haha the author of the book I got recommends that book too. I’ll order it, Im in the same boat, never done it before.

Yeah Im with you man, they were always a seasonal thing we did around Halloween, just picked them ourselves, I think the only time I bought them was when I lived in Holland and you could just buy them in a head shop. Could buy them in stores here too until 2006, some dude died after eating shrooms and decided to jump of his balcony, then they banned them, same thing happened in Holland I believe.

Yeah during lights off, its a must around here. Think the ambient r/h level is in the 70s today. Botrytis is a big problem in everything.

Thats really cool man, what type do you run?

Really interested in micro dosing too. How long did it take for you & Mrs Shadey to notice the benefits of micro dosing?

When I do grow them, Im prob going to just start with one of those kits. Theres a couple of places in Holland that post them. But I would like to get into taking my own prints too.

I also read liberty caps are really difficult to grow indoors and I honestly don’t know what other varieties even look like.

7 Likes

They are called B+ and I have done Golden Teachers.

Within two or 3 weeks we were feeling a big difference in our emotional states, more calm and relaxed, my depression from the covid lock downs had disappeared.

We were dosing every three days with 0.2 of a gram for 3 months then slowly stopped. I think it helped me with starting to get my health back on track and the fasting, losing over 100 lbs.

We both don’t feel the need anymore for constant microdosing but will take a gram dose now and again when I want an interesting meditation :slightly_smiling_face: the wife just needs only the 0.2 now and again as well.

Not sure why the liberty caps would be anymore difficult than others to cultivate.

The next batch after I use the corn, I think I will go back to the vermiculite and brown rice flour, the corn looked easier to do but its hard to judge how much you have to re hydrate it, I only managed to get 1 jar out of 5 to develop.

8 Likes

You lost 100 pounds? Wow, man, good for you. I need to lose like 20 and I’m all like,”Oh, man, I dunno if I can do this…” haha.

Just kidding. All I have to do is quit drinking for like a month and I’ll lose that weight. Still, 100 pounds is super-impressive.

5 Likes

Cheers it feels good to not be carrying it around.

I was cleaning out the fridge yesterday afternoon of all my RSO oil and shrooms as we are selling the house, don’t want any nosey buyers spotting it.

Took a couple of small shrooms and was feeling really happy all evening. If you are depressed they lift you up, if your happy, they make you happier, might start using them more often instead of just when feeling down, as a preemptive strike lol.

8 Likes