(Formerly) Flips and Washers (Now) Seed Puck Giveaway

UPDATE: This will no longer be flips and washers! It’ll be 3d printed pucks and caps printed our very own @Bobgrows . She said it should take about a week to finish my order, and then I’ll get them sent out to the winners soon after I receive them!

I’ve only been here like two days, but I’ve been loving the vibe and the people, so I wanted to give back a little bit. This isn’t really a giveaway for everyone, but mostly for the super generous folk I’ve been seeing in the massive amount of threads I’ve read the last couple days. I’ve got some people in mind, but figured I’d let the community offer up their nominations. I’ll let it run for a couple of days, then take the nominations and read through their contributions and make decisions based on that if it is agreeable to everyone. If you have a better idea, then by all means, let me know! This seemed like a fun idea to me, but if everyone thinks it’s stupid, I’ll take the constructive criticism and take it down.

This isn’t necessarily for great members that are really helpful, but more for the people that I see sending tons of seeds out to people asking nothing in return (I’ve seen heaps of them). So, yeah, that’s the spirit behind this. It’s not that any of this is really expensive, but it all adds up. Basically just trying to help offset the cost to these members.

First off, I’ve never gotten seeds in a flip before, so not sure these are even the right ones, and same goes for washers. They are 2"x2" flips and 3/4" washers. If that is correct, then I’ll do five sets (1 pack of flips and 2 packs of washers, (100 of each)) to five people. If these arn’t the right ones, let me know and I’ll find something else.

Edit: So after thinking about it last night, I think I’ll leave the nominations open until Wednesday. That’ll give me Wednesday night to decide and contact the winners, order Thursday, and they can have it by this weekend. Will be sent out when I get them!

38 Likes

Yeas that’s about right. You want the washer to be thicker than the flip so it’s larger than fat seeds. If you use a thin washer you’ll still get crushed beans from the mail sorting machines.

If you want to get out to people, stop in at the Introduce Yourself thread. Hope you enjoy it. Make sure to check out our Terms of Service, too. peace

12 Likes

Here are the links so someone can verify.

8 Likes

Hey bud, welcome to OG. I remember your introduction :slight_smile: Nice idea and I can throw a few names in there. @Rhai88 , @OrganicGorilla , @NugLifeFarms420 and @ReikoX give away a lot of seeds. There are many others but those popped into my head. :v:

21 Likes

Nice gesture & Welcome to OG! :slightly_smiling_face: Whoever you pick will appreciate the supplies.

7 Likes

Welcome to OG side :call_me_hand: the want to do giveaways is contagious for sure lol

5 Likes

This is such a great gesture and idea!

Fantastic!

5 Likes

Great idea

@Kasper0909 's been giving away seeds
Also @sardinebags gives out a ton of flips!

They may be interested :+1:

9 Likes

I like the idea!
I’d also like to nominate @greenbeans506 and @DougDawson.
And I would @THCeed, but he’s got his system down. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

What aboot the always fantastic @misterbee !

:hugs:

9 Likes

good morning

4 Likes

Good morning THCeed

Mornin bud.

1 Like

I’m good on flips and washers but I think this is a great idea. Might I suggest finding one of the OGs that 3d print flips and offering them the business. Much better flips and price is not too much more if not cheaper.

5 Likes

I really like that idea! Do you know of anyone in particular you would suggest to reach out to? I read through the 3d printing thread a couple of nights ago, but there are a bunch of different people. I saw one in particular that said he had a small printing farm, I might see if he’s interested.

Edit: The guy I was thinking of hasn’t been here in like six months, I’ll keep looking.

2 Likes

@Bobgrows makes some very nice seed shipping pucks.

6 Likes

I just sent her (my bad) a message like 15 minutes ago :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Yes I’ve personally ordered her @Bobgrows pucks and they are absolutely excellent.

3 Likes

What are pucks?

1 Like

For sending seeds in letters.

So they don’t get crushed by the rollers and you only need a stamp. I think you could fit at least 5 pucks per stamp

11 Likes