Forum technical question - How to follow / watch Friends?

I’ve participated in other forum boards that had a way to “friend” other users. I see where you can block/ mute users you don’t want to see as much of, is there a way to favorite people you do want to see more of?

10 Likes

We all friends here : )

22 Likes

:joy: I know, but I’ll forget we’re friends if I don’t write it down somewhere

9 Likes

Check it out in your profile. If someone is on both lists then that is #1 friend.

10 Likes

Can I mark someone as a friend? I have a couple growers who grow like I do and drop little tidbits of wisdom all over OG and I miss half of it! I’d love to be able to be notified of their posts

1 Like

6 Likes

Can I “watch” a person. :joy: You are making me sound like a creeper now.

5 Likes

In da OG, we all fren!

7 Likes

I suppose you could keep a tab open for a specific user’s profile and reload their recent activity. That would only be creepy if you told folks you’re doing it lol

edit:

3 Likes

If you’re feeling stalky… click activity. :rofl:

5 Likes

I use the app on my phone pretty much exclusively. My only computer is issued to me by the great state of regular Virginnie.

I do stalk the hell out of all of you with the “activity” button. I was hoping there was an opposite of “mute” and I could be a mega creep know real time.

2 Likes

Damn with some of us you’d be getting a shit load of notifications… haha

Maybe it’ll be a thing down the road until then your options are that “activity” and just following said persons threads.

1 Like

I suspect it’s a difference in how the software of the forum is set up. I hope if a follow friends feature is ever on the table for implementation admin say yes. It’s one of the things I really miss from other forums.

There is no such feature currently.

What would you suggest this feature do?

As a work around I’d recommend checking a user’s topic list (via Profile → tab Activity) and then setting the notifications to Tracking or even Watching for each topic you find interesting.

As others pointed out, there are also downsides… OG should not be a popularity contest :slight_smile: . All users should have an equal chance of having their new topic (or a new post) read.

15 Likes

This is very true. I appreciate the wide variety of topics and people on OG.

On other boards, it was a personal list. The list of friends only impacted me and which posts I see first. There was a feed of sorts too. You could view “all unread posts” or like top posts or something, it’s been a long time.
My favorite way to surf was to filter to posts in threads I’ve read, or friends posts. I could get caught up on the gossip first, then stroll around the forum in general.

6 Likes

Best way I find to keep up is to read every new thread that comes up and put the ones I want to keep up with on watching. That way you don’t miss out on some of the really cool topics members create. But I get that can be a bit difficult for some as there is a ton of content here. I have even gone through the garbage can and read long dead topics, lol. But I am an OG addict. :v:

14 Likes

I’m unable to follow all people i want, wich is quite cool. I’m sad in the reverse situation in general ^^

Is it me? It’s me isn’t it.

4 Likes

I was going to ask that there be a push notification for each post you make as well as all threads you read. I can only go a few moments without you.

Like Santa tracker, but for Foreigner

6 Likes

I think you can follow threads not people.

I can be seen on radar during the holidays.

1 Like