fr0g_D's Grow Diary - Brian Berry Mountain Menthol, Sweet Tooth #4

Ugh I got no good news for you folks today. I went to check on the ladies in the tent and found this. I’m pretty sure it’s a lockout issue because my cheapo ph meter (yeah yeah I know) was apparently fuckin up. I double checked it with litmus paper and got it in the right range now so we should get a rebound really soon. I hope so anyhow. What a bummer.

You all be good to one another.

fr0g_D

10 Likes

At least you had the litmus paper to double check.
:+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Alright I think the ladies are on the mend after my ph pen SNAFU. I did go ahead and remove the fans that were hit the hardest, mainly because I was tired of looking at them but also because I feel like that kind stuff is always a vector for baddies to come in and start their mess.

BBMM - 1

BBMM - 2

BBMM - 3

ST4 - 1

ST4 - 2

ST4 - 3

The obligatory group shot.

Overall I am happy with the progress we’ve made over the last few days, I don’t think I stressed them too awfully bad. Here’s hoping at least. I have got to get the humidity in check it’s currently running in the mid to upper 30’s, I’ve fired up the humidifier and I hope we can get it better in check really soon. I sure don’t remember coco grows being this tough back in the day. If I actually finish this one out in coco it’s likely to be my last coco run.

Ya’ll be good to one another!

fr0g_D

5 Likes

I’ve been researching Hempy Buckets, do you guys that may have run Hempies before think there would be any detrimental effects of transitioning in the middle of a grow like that?

2 Likes

Sorry don’t know much on hempys but have heard a lot of positives on Octopot’s if your just window shopping they might be something to look at!

1 Like

I wouldnt suggest switching in the middle of the cycle. Your best bet would be to take clones and try Hempy buckets next round. That way you have something to compare to.

I noticed you were using Radicle Bags. I’m using them for the first time myself. They seem on par with normal fabric pots to me, but I haven’t checked the root mass yet…

4 Likes

Oh maaaaan, new toys showed up today.

7 Likes

Nice kit what did that set you back if you don’t mind me asking?

2 Likes

I got them from Amazon and i felt like the price was right so I jumped.

5 Likes

Alright folks here’s the latest update. It’s from yesterday but the storms we had took out the internet so I couldn’t get it posted up.

Anyhow I have had some good success trying to remedy the lockout situation that my faulty pen caused. I’ve topped/fimmed them and taken the majority of the funky leaves off and they really seem to be on the mend, color is coming back and bushy doesn’t even come close to what these are doing. This is the first full run with the RapidLED light and I am liking what I am seeing so far. I’ve turned it down to about 3/4 power to try and get a little branching out of them and it seems to be working a touch.

ST4 - Group Shot

ST4 - 1

ST4 - 2

ST4 - 3

BBMM - Group Shot

BBMM - 1

BBMM - 2

BBMM - 3

In other news I ordered some beans from Subcool today.

1 pack of each Uva, My Sharona and Afgoo Overdrive. I used to run his Jack’s Cleaner and he or MzJill one, gifted me a pack of Jilly Bean and Vortex, I can’t wait to have some of his stuff back in rotation soon.

What a great time to be alive!

Ya’ll be good to one another.

fr0g_D

7 Likes

Sorry man I completely spaced replying to you about the Radicle Bags. I love them, been running them since I brought them into my shop. The Frog In My Pocket didn’t like me washing the other felt bags in the washing machine so I tried taking them to the car wash to blast them clean between grows. That didn’t work out so well but these hold up to the pressure like a champ. Also the root balls on my last run were bonkers, basically a solid mass of roots with a little soil in between. I used them to fill in some holes in my yard from where a truck got stuck during the winter.

3 Likes

I’m considering the Apera because of the replaceable
Probe.

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

That was one of the reasons I went with it. Still haven’t gotten to use it yet because I keep forgetting to pickup a jug of distilled water. UGH.

2 Likes

Thanks for the review of the radicle bags. So far my only issue is I cant use my velcro garden tap on them…

I have heard people using the laundromat to clean their fabric pots. I just use my home washer.

3 Likes

what is a velcro garden tap?

1 Like

Just a typo I ment Garden Tape :wink:

VELCRO Brand 91384 ONE-WRAP Supports for Effective Growing | Strong Gardening Grips are Reusable and Adjustable Gentle Plant Ties, 45 ft x 1/2 in in, Green https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0057567U0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Dz.cDbHGMR1ZN

1 Like

Oh ok I gotcha, I could see that being a hinderance.

1 Like

I was thinking, when I tie mt girls down I thread a piece of wire through the mesh of the radicle bags and hook it over branch to be tied. You could likely do the same thing and hook your velcro to it. Just a though.

3 Likes

I’ve never seen the likes of some bushy damn plants. I’ve been running my lights on 3/4 power for the last few days to try and get them to stretch up just a bit and it doesn’t seem to have made a whole lots of difference. Seems silly I know but I’ve never dealt with this issue.

Brian Berry Mountain Menthol

Sweet Tooth #4

Group shot along with my cO2 levels, (sort of it was reading 624ish) it’s about time to refurbish the chemicals in that contraption.

Roots forming on the Lost in The Woods clone number one.

Roots forming on the Lost in The Woods clone number two.

Thanks for looking.

Ya’ll be good to one another.

fr0g_D

5 Likes

My buddy that I have grown with for years is running my Lost In The Woods from beans he had horded, these shots are the same plant I took the clones off of. He runs heavy on the LITFA, I can’t wait to have a go at them again.

He’s running SoHum soil in a 3 gallon bag and feeding the full BioBizz line from a starter kit.

11 Likes