fr0g_D's Grow Diary - Brian Berry Mountain Menthol, Sweet Tooth #4

A nice batch… Bog

Bogland72@gmail.com for seeds and info…tyvm.

1 Like

Thanks @BogSeeds , we’ve got 119 of 130 up now and I expect a few more aren’t far behind. This pheno hunt is gonna be a fun one. I’ll post up some pics of them soon.

3 Likes

5 days into the flip and all the girls were showing except BBMM - 2 I’m almost certain she’s a he so he’s been moved into the master bathroom. Fuck that guy! :wink: He’s a pretty bastard though, so I may just keep him around for some of his pollen, we’ll see.

It’s honestly not a bad thing that I had one male out of the bunch because it’s super crowded in there with his big ass taking up so much space. Anyhow with the space cleared out we took the opportunity to do a little lollipopping and thinning of the canopy.

Now for a quick update on the “others”. The Lost In The Woods clones are coming around, they’ve been up-potted in 32oz pop cups and Redbud Living Soil.

Sorry for the blue light those ViparSpectras will do that. :wink:

Here my outdoor experiments, They are from left to right Ripped Buddah (I suspect this may be Sub’s Ripped Bubba instead, clone was gifted to me.) 2 Growella’s Gas Autos from PPP if I remember they are a NYC Diesel x Cherry Pie x some auto male. Nex tone is a Blue Jill and lastly is SSH. I’ll be honest I’ve always grown indoors for OpSec reasons this is my first ever real run outdoor and I’m not a huge fan so far.

Here are a couple shots of the autos and close ups of the tops.

Growella’s Gas - 1

Growella’s Gas - 1 Close up.

Growella’s Gas - 2

Growella’s Gas - 2 Close up.

Ya’ll be good to one another,

fr0g_D

6 Likes

Auto expirement is half over, Growella’s Gas is Strawberry Diesel x Northern Lights x Auto something or other from PPP. They were popped on May 15 chopped July 27th. This one stacked up decently, she smells strong of cantaloupe, her sister seems to be a dud. I won these autos on another group. I was amazed at the utter lack of a root ball. Still not pumped on autos.

11 Likes

Alright folks don’t touch that dial. We are coming up on 2 weeks in flower and they are puttin’ on. At this point ST#4 - 1 is in the lead. It sure feels good to have some ladies in flower.

The BBMM’s should have flipped about a week earlier so they are getting into the lights pretty badly. I tried a little LST action then I tried some HST and that didn’t work so I chopped them just a bit. They seem to be recovering fine but I’m sure I will pay for that one. Oh well.

Last, but certainly not least, here is the obligatory group shot. Now that is a tent full.

What was I thinkin?

Ya’ll be good to one another.

fr0g_D

9 Likes

Sure do have a full house in there heheheheh, they all look very healthy!!!

2 Likes

I do, generally LST the shit out of my girls and then flower them small but this time running coco I thought, Self, you should just top them and let them do their thing this round, well here you have it. Overcrowded as all get out but looking good all the same. I took clones to keep mothers so this will be the last time doing it this way for a while. :wink:

3 Likes

31ish grams off of that Growella’s Gas auto from my little outdoor setup, rough trimmed and jarred up. Shit smells like cantaloupe.

6 Likes

What a mess this is. These bitches have overgrown my tent. I know, I know I’ve allowed it to happen, never fear we have a 4’ x 8’ x 6.5’ tent will be here Monday, hopefully that will get them taken care of and they won’t be too stressed. If they are still stretching after I get the bigger tent I’m gonna take them outside and let the grasshoppers chew on them some. UGH.

Some might wonder what I have learned from this experience and to that I would have to say that I’ve learned when I think about growing the ladies au naturale in the future that I need to skuttle that thought right away and break out the LST skills on them. Also less is NOT more when it comes to space, buy the bigger tent of you are up in the air about your decision in that regard.

This weekend we will chop the second of the Growella’s Gas Autos that were planted outdoors. I’m looking forward to that actually, the first two stinks of cantaloupe and it is keeping that through the cure so far, what a pleasant smoke though. This second one has less of that profile but it’s a totally different pheno, in that it’s got a really tight bud structure and more trichs.

Growella’s Gas whole plant shot.

Close ups.

Sorry for the bad attitude, ya’ll be good to one another.

fr0g_D

4 Likes

Whoa, hold the train Bog… Are you saying you have a Sour Bluetooth?

I have 14 mothers of Bluetooth right now, and have fallen in love with her…

This is one strain I would looooove to get a hold of.

Thank you in advance, Kind Sir…

K.

3 Likes

Yeah we have a new strain…it’s a BluTooth of my own …

it’s all Bog

Bogland72@gmail.com

8 Likes

Right arm… I will be in touch when I have some dough for some genetics…Thanks for the heads up…

K.

2 Likes

Alright how about a little update on the “others”?

Harvested the second Growella’s Gas Auto. This one is by far the superior pheno, seems to be less stinky but the bud structure is much tighter and it seems to have a thicker coating of trichs. Sadly though it didn’t get the cantaloupe funk.

The others seems to really be perking up, starting to get stinky and packing on trichs, I’m told by some outdoor guys here in OK that the 15th of this month the stretch will start, I’ve never really grow outdoors but it seems to me the stretch would be minimized since the light had been changing gradually over the last month or so. Amaright?

Super Silver Haze

Ripped Buddah

Blue Jill

fr0g_D

8 Likes

Small update on the indoor girls. Aside from the issues cause by overgrowing my tent the ladies are packing on trichs.

Here is BBMM -1

fr0g_D

4 Likes

It happened tonight. We got the new tent up and the girls moved in. Most all of them are in rough shape. I’m really hoping now that they have space they’ll bounce back and make a decent recovery.

Close up of the top of SweetTooth #4 - 2

6 Likes

Photographic evidence that they are not dead, actually, they seems to be rebounding quite well considering what they have been through. On one of the BBMM’s I left about half of the damaged tops just to see if they will actually do anything. The limbs that were not up into and past my cobs are looking really good, the others are ugly but seem to be forming nice flowers.

In this one you can see the tops that I left. Rough, right?

This shot shows some of the lower flowers if the same plant.

This shot shows the other BBMM, it was the tallest of the bunch so it took more of a trimming before coming into the new tent. It appears to be a completely different pheno from the other but it’s frosting up nicely as well.

The Sweet “Teeth” are doing pretty well too. There was one that was stumpy and never got into the danger zone with these cobs and it’s gonna be like trunks of buds when it’s done, I’m really stoked on it and I’m super happy to have a healthy clone for a mom.

Funny that the sugar leaves are clawing out of the flowers like they are but it looks exactly like the pics on FDM’s site.

All 3 seem to be doing it to some extent.

Here are a few random flower shots that I lost track of which of the girls they belong to.

My camera died before I could get a group shot so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Ya’ll be good to one another,

fr0g_D

5 Likes

Here’s that group shot I promised.

6 Likes

Very very nice. Prettiest pics I’ve seen in a while! Good Growin’ my man…

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Nice! They don’t look that ruff :+1: I bet you are glad to have them into their new home. The tent looks great. Happy growing :v:

2 Likes

Thanks man I have struggled with this round. Coco and salt based nutes, then letting them get way way too fuckin’ big. It’s been a tough one. I’m ready for some soil and LST’s beauties!

2 Likes