Fragrances that are Strain-specific?!

OK so I have this pretty wild idea, I don’t think it’s been done yet but I could wrong. …

What if there were fragrances, or fragrance oils, that were strain specific? Like a really nice “NL #5” or a sweet “Purple Punch”? --here’s a solid example of something that does exist:

these Demeter “single note scents” as they’re called, are REALLY nice, each name is really accurate. Light and fleeting, a couple sprays lasts like 30 minutes or so. But it’s not a heavy gross “air freshener” like you might think, I have a few and they’re kinda fun to wear.

I’d really like to get the “strain fragrance” thing off the ground, would you guys ever own or wear anything that smelled like a freshly harvested (enter strain here)? :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

There are plenty of food grade terpenoid extracts on the market for oil diffusers, vaporizers, perfumes, and cooking.

2 Likes

I don’t need fragrance lmao :rofl: I mess with enough bud and smoke enough my sweat smells like bud

5 Likes

I actually pitched this when I was working at the medical dispensary here in Hawai’i (rhymes with Koa) and a month after they let me go they launched a strain specific fragrance line! I think this is a great idea and would love to wear cologne that’s fragranced with bud strains and layered with other scents

3 Likes

I would too btw. I just stink like bud
Nice idea

2 Likes

There are, or were, companies that compound terpenoids to emulate different strains. Most likely used for certain types of extraction methods where the natural terpenes are destroyed.

E.g.

3 Likes

i had a cologne made by a cannabis oriented company that made it using terpenes. woody pleasant smell but i don’t know if i would buy it again… maybe

4 Likes

My sisters were taking about cannabis perfume being the “big thing” right now in the smell-goods world. I’ll ask them for some more info on that

4 Likes

what’s that cologne you’re wearing?

oh, that’s just some grandaddy purple.

lol

or better yet, skunk.

8 Likes

Catpiss o dure fum

4 Likes

Can you imagine explaining this one to the police.

No sir that’s just my cologne, I swear.

5 Likes

“Kush is my cologne.”

i feel like some kind of rapper said that but i don’t know.

3 Likes