Frankengraft experiment

I think you guys are talking about a grafting tool. Pretty easy to find online and they cut male and female cuts. About $13+ on Amazon.
I’m watching to see your success. I’ve seen it done and thought about doing it to keep many mothers without increasing my plant count but didn’t know if it was worth the trouble. Pretty cool idea you have @AllOra to make an all in one breeder plant.

5 Likes

Yup here it is

https://www.amazon.com/NAYE-Grafting-Fruit-Trees-Blades/dp/B07PS5T6VK

7 Likes

It doesn’t and you cannot.

4 Likes
  • “Yup here it is”
    Ordered. Coming Tuesday.
2 Likes

New toy!

7 Likes

Wow a new cool toy to play with, what happened to the plants you were experimenting on

3 Likes

@Shadey Two of the grafts took on a plant that revealed an intersex nature. It’s been an adventure but they are living out their natural life under house arrest.

Read more here:

3 Likes

That’s great, I like an experiment that works.

2 Likes

I say if they wanna release their herm genetics and bottlenecked crossed onto the world, then drive whereever you want. Fuck their feelings and/or opinions.

Suspect there are many with that sentiment who stay quiet.
I care about my neighbors. If they have outdoor grows they don’t need mysterious seeds popping up that yield unwanted attributes. I don’t want to be a source of distress. And yet, this is the plant’s super power. Nature will find a way.
My hermy friend will stay inside but if anyone wants to grow out their progeny I will provide seeds and obtain fully informed consent.

2 Likes

Have we even agreed yet, on ruderilis?

I think for an auto photoperiod grafting to be successful, the receiving plant would have to be from an auto because (have been told by a agronomy engineer) they have hormones in their root system that trigger the flowering process unlike photoperiod strains. But don’t know, just thinking out loud.

3 Likes

My hermed Korin is still kicking though they don’t like the houseplant role. I am still hoping to harvest the seeds from the two grafts before I cut them back and parent them over the winter.
They are listless. Their leaves are dying back but they cling to them tenaciously, as if they lacked the will to do that thing that lets go.

4 Likes

Man that sound really sad…

2 Likes

@oleskool830 this is the branch those seeds came from.

1 Like

ColombianGold x PanamaRed
Jungle Spice F3 (Red Dad)

She made babies with the JS’s brother. The babies have sprouted. It’s time for Laura and the Jungle Spice Red girl to become a little better acquainted

Almost forgot

4 Likes

The CGxPR to JS didn’t take.

But the JS to CGxPR is doing quite well.

Sample of two but CGxPR appears to be a ready root stock!

6 Likes

Just wanted to say I think this is really cool… Godspeed!

3 Likes