Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

Good Luck! Full moon, and a Beaver Lunar Eclipse. This should be good!

8 Likes

Watch out for that fresh poop buddy. A lot of guanos are older than Betty White, many like bat and seabird guano are fossilized, you know? That said: I dunno the chem of it all and have no rational idea of “how old is old?” Just know that fresh worm poo is caviar to cannabis but fresh poo from horses, chickens, etc can burn their little bottoms back to neverville.

We used to sell a product called “Zoo Doo” which was a marketing project from a zoo in Massachusetts made from lion, tiger and elephant poo. Great marketing, lousy plant results.

9 Likes

Absolutely have to watch using most fresh manure, no doubt. Especially from chickens. However, Alpaca poop won’t burn, supposedly even right out of the butt🤣. (not that I will be testing the theory lol.) Not sure why exactly, but I reason that it has something to doo ( pun intended😁)with this particular poo’s durability. Once drIed on the outside the poo pellets form a hard but pliable shell thats nearly waterproof. It takes forever to break down. . I actually started breaking up the turd pellets by hand in an effort to get it to break down a little quicker. Still takes forever. This stuff Doesn’t even bother sativas when in direct contact with the roots. I sometimes break it up and mix it in my soil for transplanting. My buddy Mounds Up 3 or 4 inches around his veggies. I never use only fresh poo( its mixed old and new), but he claims he has and that it is ok in this case. Like rabbit poop.

Not a bad idea if they stuck to poo from vegetarian animals.

10 Likes

Good luck and best of vibes!

2 Likes

I was looking for a copy of the logo they used for Zoo Doo and found that a few zoos in the country still collect and sell exotic poo under that name. Hope FL and CA have better luck with it than Boston did. But Boston’s 1990’s Zoo Doo logo was the best, hands down. A ‘Good Morning America’ producer even had me send them some to feature on the show and they even mentioned our company name. Made me feel like a ‘bigly time’ marketer back then.

But I dunno how you ask a tiger if he is a vegetarian. Maybe ask Carol Baskin’s ex husband?

6 Likes

You asked for a link when It went up… :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

It will work, @lambchopedd

@Upstate and @OldSSSCGuy
Fresh manure, lots of free nitrogen… The plant is forced to eat/grow. It becomes susceptible to pests. Weakened cell wall, free sugars, insects feel this vibration.

An old practice here is to use fresh manure diluted in water. Of course it depends on the origin.

My ten cents…

5 Likes

Fresh cow manure, yes? I used dried and then powdered cow flops and they were
Awesome. They weren’t fresh, but some were not old either. I mixed the powdered contents with water.
How much do you use?

5 Likes

Yes, cow manure and chicken manure. Cow manure is weaker, the problems would be antibiotics and hormones, as well as unwanted herbs.
As for water, there is no way to say it without making a mistake.
It depends on the amount of dry matter used in the bed.

Ideally, start well diluted and observe the plant. Do not wet it too much so that the roots reach…
I advise farmers to do this, including limestone and sugarcane juice, it improves quality, loses less nitrogen.

Another thing I tested, the chicken manure washed, or left in the rain, loses practically all nitrogen, I use it in flowering.

6 Likes

Fuck man.

So my second pack of Snowhighs gear isnt going too well either. This time, I even manually cracked the seeds — I’m not even getting root tips to sprout out of the seed.

I’m at the end of my wits. How long does it take for seeds to rot (?) because I’m content with baby sitting them until germination actually starts. Any tips/tricks you guys mention, I may try… but I feel like the clock is ticking.

I was trying to get an FBSC project going before the new year; but wanted to contribute some new genetics. At this point, I may just end up repro-ing something that’s already been done…. Ugh

(On second though, I may still have some new stuff that’s non-snowhigh)

13 Likes

if most seeds show tails, but very slow, that might mean they will grow.

Seedies with just Tails can live long like that, ive seen one month old with 5 inch tails.
I think the seeds are just old, they were the freebies, right?

3 Likes

If there already cracked and wet I would put them in between a couple pieces of newspaper in a cd tray then put the tray in a zip lock bag with just a little bit of water. Wet the cd tray size pieces of newspaper first then lay one on the open tray. Then put two more wet cuts of newspaper over the seed’s and gently press. You want space around the seed so it gets oxygen. Then get it warm like 77 degrees. If nothing happens in 3 or 4 days I would toss them. The seed has everything it needs in it to grow a seedling like a chicken egg.
I like using the cd tray technique because it allows o2 to the seed along with 77 degree temps I found this works best for me. If anything you could add a half cap full of h202… Hope this helps. Note the cd tray should be one of the older deeper ones.

4 Likes

4 days waiting, thats to few imho. i think it can take longer to show tails (5 days once) . I would say the opposite: give them time, cause old seeds will take time,

Snowhigh often cracks his seeds unregarded if they needed it, so probably his seeds should be threated the same way (cause adaptation)

5 Likes

I wasn’t trying to put a timetable on germination. I do agree. Why not keep them germination for 10 or 20 days. With this cd tray method with the high temps has always done me well

3 Likes

I soak for 24 hr and then do the paper towel method. If they don’t crack in a few days, I’ll add a couple of drops of H2O2 to the paper towels to help keep them from molding.
At the first sign of discoloration, i will resoak the beans and change out the moist paper towel.

2 Likes

Here’s one that I forgot about until now. Oops! :sweat_smile:

It’s been sitting in the baggie for a few weeks.

Here are it’s brothers and sisters in the flowering bucket:

9 Likes

There’s lots of stuff to choose from that will germinate. Don’t give up hope yet! What strain did you try?

6 Likes

The Fuijian hemp

5 Likes

The Columbian Gold seeds took 14 days for some and upto 17 for the rest. I had them in Jiffy pucks.

Only 2 seedlings made it from the 8 that popped.

14 Likes

Hope you get a boy and a girl!

4 Likes