Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

Im ready when you are!

6 Likes

Can I grow my own STRAIN if from the list ? DO I HAVE TO be Assigned A Strain?

6 Likes

Sorry about the caps

3 Likes

And do I need to play Dr Hook for my plants

7 Likes

The da lat really like 'shes only sixteen" weeks played over and over.but we both know she’s really 20 weeks

11 Likes

Wow just stumbled onto this, so cool! Just got my Congolese (RSC) in the mail today, and it came with Kumaoni and Afghan mix freebies, which I already had about 30 of the Afghan mix that I traded some ILGM autos for. Really loving my little Afghan bonsai as they have such different aromas to them than the other plants that I’ve grown. I spent 7 months in Afghanistan so it’s very special to me to have those plants in my life. Really excited by the description of the Congolese plants, chocolate, leather, and coffee :scream: smells are described on the RSC website. I’ve read that Congolese have more ThcV than other African varieties?

15 Likes

I read the same thing regarding Congolese. Possibly High thcv. Same with Malawi supposedly. @Trowertripper, yes you can grow your own strain, and if you do it by The Freaker’s rules, it will count towards a Freaker’s Repro.

6 Likes

@upstate
Where do I add the strain? I can contribute some Rasoli seeds from Real seed
I am planning a seed run of this:

Year: 2.006
Genetics: Juanita la Lagrimosa x Kalijah
Predominant: multi hybrid
Indoor flowering: 60/70 days
Outdoor finish: 1-15 October
Yield: medium / high
Awards: Dancehall already has won 10 awards in 4 years.
More information in the award

Dancehall is a cross of our champion mother Juanita la Lagrimosa and our Kalijah male.
The plants are quite uniform, the yield is medium to high, while the flowering time is relatively short for such Sativa-dominant genetics.
It doesn’t branch too much, so it’s fine to grow in a S.O.G. as long as you put it into flower at just 3 weeks of age.
Perfectly adapted to the climate on the peninsula, outdoors it grows into a compact, robust plant. When the temperature goes below 20ºC towards the end of flowering, you may see it turn some gorgeous purple colors.
As far as aroma and flavor go, we could say that Dancehall has inherited all the best qualities of its ancestors. The aromas go from forest earth, to incense, to berry scents. The flavor fills your palate and stays with you for a good long while.
The effect is very cerebral: it’s a high that is fast-acting, long-lasting and creative, so it’s great for social relations, whether you’re hanging with your sweetheart or out partying. Dancehall goes really well with Reggae music, so turn up the volume and feel the Dancehall groove!

9 Likes

Sylvias Mother…is my favorite Dr Hook song

6 Likes

I’m not entirely sure what you mean. First, the only way you would get a strain assigned to you is if you’ve been on OG less than 6 months, which isn’t you. Freaks who meet the criteria can choose a strain from the list, provided you’ve agreed to the guidelines for FBSC preservation runs.

If you’re talking about preserving a strain that you made yourself, the FBSC doesn’t preserve strains made by members. We felt there were far too many pure, and hybrid landrace/heirloom strains that needed to be preserved. When we get through all of those, we’ll revisit that policy. :slight_smile:

If you’re talking about a strain on the list that you have in hand, you’re good to go. Just tell me what strain it is. I’ll add it to the list, and put your name on it.

The only way more than one person to edit that list is to wikify the post, but then everybody can edit it. So, since I built the list, and have the master copy, we decided I’d be the one to manage it.

If you have strains that meet the criteria, and you want to add them to the vault, just send me a message with the name, the breeder, and a link to the description if there is one, and I’ll get them added.

Shit. It takes me way too long to get a response written. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

L8R everybody. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

Absolutely man, but first you have to smear butter all over yourself. :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

Sorry, I got stoned and I missed it…

11 Likes

And obviously it has to be Canna butter , not just that regular store bought crap lol

8 Likes

Obviously. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

This is going to a great resource thread :wink:

5 Likes

was going through my document stash, and ran across this. Is got a some very cool cross breeding charts. The outlook isn’t good, but that just makes our efforts that much more important.

Cannabis Domestication, Breeding History, Present-day Genetic Diversity, and Future Prospects - Robert C. Clarke & Mark D. Merlin.pdf (2.1 MB)

14 Likes

Yes, he says on the one hand bottlenecking eliminates Diversity (wich we all do with our 10, 20 Plants) and on the other Hand at origin the hybridisation is not to stopp, as in Cannabis each Male easily pollinate a whole Crop. This was a good thing once, when cannabis was selected without fear of prohition, it provided a certain Amout of Vigor.

All was in balance so to speak.

Nowdays, at Origin that doesent happen nomore, people dont select well i assume, and a high amout of hybridisation not regional, instead far-related skunk changes everything .
And nowdays we Westeners do heavy bottlenecking with our Thai, but we still own some last bits of the Landraces of the old Days.
I tend to think that we Westeners have therefore higher chances of saving the few Thais Columbian, IF we dont bottleneck that stuff. Cause at origin the Landr. vastly changed it seemd, taking even the few last old Genes with them, dust them, and they are gone.

We have the higher Chance. But Cannabis needs 2000 kept individuals to not fall into inbreeding Depression acording Science (per Generation). And no: open pollination dont work as i understand it, since everyone knowledgable says Landraces were selected, it wouldnt work forever. Not saying we shouldnt spread seeds trough open pollnation TO share amongs us. But the only Scenario i see as Solution is to select 2000 Plants per Gen in controlled pollenfree areas. (take away the inviromental selective Pressure of Nonnative climate, wich might be the Dealbreaker)
Or possibly Canna gets fully legalized at Origin, and with a Pollination-shield probably other Solution, but remains illeagal mostly

IMHO

10 Likes

Hello everyone, I also appreciate the idea and I am available to help. I am in Brazil, and I cultivate abroad, I have my first diary here at OG.
I have less than six months in the OG and live in a humid environment, latitude 26 south.
I am available and, for now, I can execute the seeds from August.
I hope to be understood, hugs and congratulations to all involved.

10 Likes

can you tell me about the history behind this strain please ?
where/who it is from? when it is from? is it any good?
thanks, Sam

@rootfarmer

9 Likes

Just finished reading this. Excellent read, thank you. Makes me think that a 1000 seed donation of each landrace needs to be made to one of the major seed banks. I have some concern, which I think is shared by many here, that modern genetics are becoming so uniform that by the time legalization does arrive, it may be effectively monocrop with all the inherent dangers.

12 Likes

Manga Rosa? Up for the challenge in a few months? 18-26 weeks flowering😁 no better place to grow it… its the only Brazilian landrace I’ve been able to find. Tried Cabeca de Negro this summer, but it was a hybrid unfortunately. Bsc usa on IG had some others, like Amarilla and Pernambuco Gold, but had some shady dealings as i understand it. Too bad. I’ve never seen them anywhere else. I have some Cabeca seeds from a plant that went 14 weeks…care to give them a shot? Maybe growing in their home turf will bring out some longer flowering individuals.

9 Likes