Freakin' With The Freaker's Ball Seed Collective

No. Possibly it was a person that was not a Freakers member. I haven’t had time to go back to check the threads to find out. Certainly a case of miscommunication regarding the group purchase or that person just hasn’t seen my inquiries. Still I’d like to track them down find out the status of them. So far we haven’t had good luck with these Afghan beans.

4 Likes

Is it this one? This is the convo I remember where I was initially willing to partake in a group buy Landrace Expansion & Trade - #1644 by lilmanbigplan

1 Like

I’m still heaps interested, although my time is currently all going into a mutant project. If a group buy does happen keep me in the loop. Cheers

@lilmanbigplan The group buy happened quite a while ago. Last fall I think before your post.
@District_Flora by the time that conversation came up the buy had already happened. Pretty sure the conversation is in the public Freaker’s thread likely from sometime around last September

4 Likes

Ahhh ok, gotcha. Thought it was after

Did you ever get the Maruf Red and Maruf Green?

4 Likes

Yep, and two others

4 Likes

Hell yeah
That looks crazy dank esp being seeded
Nicely done

1 Like

Devils Tit and High Voltage are lines I work eith every year since 2014, they are that good.

13 Likes

Just dropped 12 Acopolco Gold beans for a spring summer run courtesy of @Guitarzan ! Thank you kind Sir! is there a grow log on this plant?! I started the number 5 pheno dropped the whole pack. How long should I veg them before flower? Never grew the gold but I did try some many years ago. Killer weed for sure.

7 Likes

No problemo my man. There’s a mini grow log in the Central American Landrace thread, but that’s about it. I veg those plants for at least 60 days, and I go 90 if I have the space/time. I’ve found that the longer veg time causes the plants to flip to flower faster, in some cases within a week of flipping them.

If I’m gonna plant them outdoors, I reduce my light cycle to mirror our daylight hours on June 1st which is when I put my outdoor plants in the garden. As that #5 pheno gets further into flower, the stem will start to slowly run red. It’ll start off with just a hint of color, and it’ll be brick red after a month or 2.

Good luck with those. Are you gonna run a log? Tag me if you do. :v:
:guitar:

20 Likes

I had a feeling.
Seemed too good to be true, abd too many coincidences with strains that have already been around on forums for a decade or more.
It seems like the genetics are really good. But anytime landraces are listed that expensive, there’s something wrong.

• if Nature is doing the breeding (landrace), should be cheap. Charge more if you’re making a new line from landraces , like dj short

At least Colorado Sativas gets a pack or teo from a breeder, does his own work, and lists each breeder.

7 Likes

I will do a grow log on it for you for sure thanks again for the beans. I may pop some of the Swazipulco that sounds interesting too. Il keep you dialed in.

3 Likes

Dang outta likes again. I need unlimited likes lol. Looks like a lot of people are going to strike Gold thos summer😁. Good work!

7 Likes

Hi all, just wanted to say I love this FBSC project! Looking forward to reading up for 6 months to become eligible. I am especially interested in Brazilian landraces.

6 Likes

Wowee. New to *OverGrow and poking around–will definitely be reading up on FBSC and your work over the past few years! This sounds right up my alley. (I’ll try searching on my own, but really curious if anybody on here has documented their work selecting/inbreeding particular landrace accessions to grow better in their own climate and/or inbreed special positive characteristics?)

(Edit: my fingers are still used to typing OpenGrow :frowning: )

9 Likes

Request withdrawn. Still doing my thing, but I’ve noted who hearted this. :wink:

12 Likes

I think I recently read the requirements of the freakers changed to one seed run per year, but I can’t find it. I think maybe @Upstate mentioned it? The first post with the rules still says two seed runs unless longflowering. Is that still correct?

6 Likes

Just one run now @allotment … are you joining?:grin:

5 Likes

It’s a slow process, with most of us growing as many landraces as we can in order to find the ones we want to work with, or quietly continuing work with our favorite already. I’ve found a few keepers myself.

11 Likes