Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 5 (Part 5)

Slow night here I see lol
Good luck on the ‘hit-n-miss’ autos of Mark’s, @Dirtron ! I ain’t messing with 'em anymore myself. There’s too many other places/people that have real autos, without the guessing games…

2 Likes

Kinda sad for Mark tho. He’s such a good guy. If he would just advertise correctly. I have never tried his so-called autos; only photos, and have always been impressed. Sucks that he is letting something like this hurt him. Cuz a lot of folks may be thinking that if he’s (lying) about that, am I really getting the genetics he says he is sending, when I order photos?

2 Likes

If only he could spin the autos into a marketing gimmick:

“You’ve got to ask yourself one question ‘Do I feel lucky?’”

Anyone here in the UK?? i have a few unwanted rooted GMO clones to trade if anybody is interested

4 Likes

yeah, my degree is in marketing actually… Saying they are fast finish is a selling point to photos. Saying they are autos, when they need a trigger, is a negative. Two ways to describe the same product, one gains favor, the other loses trust.

Basic rules of marketing

1. unhappy people WILL talk. 100x more than a satisfied customer normally does
  2. play on the items positive selling points
  3. don’t misrepresent your product or overestimate its capabilities

These are the basics!!

@lophophora.ca thats even a good spin on things. Play on the items traits, don’t say it is what it isn’t…

I dunno Mark or his seeds, no experience other than what I’ve read. From the sounds of it and what little I know about genetics now, these seeds are the grandchildren of a photo/auto cross. Their parents would have carried both auto and photo, but be photo due to dominance. The “triggered autos” generation might be 25% photo, 50% photo/auto (but photo dominant) and 25% autos… So… many more photo seeds than auto seeds in a given batch…

Otherwise… what is his explanation that an auto needs to be triggered? Does that happen in the northern latitudes where Ruderallis comes from? LOL “here we are enjoying a month of 18-20 hour days in northern siberia, oh hey, wait, guys, Friday is gonna be a LONG night, its only a 12 hour day Friday!”
lol

4 Likes

@alola, welcome to OG. Nice offer for a first post! Don’t forget to introduce yourself:

Might have better luck with trades here:

2 Likes

tenor (3)

6 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check that thread out. I’m not much of a social media/forum guy but have always wanted to find a place that allows trades etc. Far too many scheisters on Instagram!!!

5 Likes

I’m not sure what printer my buddy is using; but I do know that his 12" tall figures are made up of a fuck-tonne of smaller pieces and due to his Warhammer skills it’s not difficult for him to clean-up, assemble & paint them all… but it takes TIME… and he has 3 kids and a realtor wife who has him working for free collecting all the listing signs on the weekends so he trudges along and is EXTRA happy about the figure once it’s all done.

Same friend was the one that installed my dedicated garden breakers…

So we send each other pictures of our works in progress and cheer each other on regardless that:

1. He has NO INTEREST in plants.
  2. I have NO INTEREST in anime figures.
  3. We love each other as friends so we don’t care and support each other anyway :laughing:
5 Likes

I hear that @JohnnyPotseed. I had them in the ground for a month and a half before I knew about the potential non-auto thing. Was not gonna kill them at that point. Thankfully they did start budding between week 3-5 for me.

2 Likes

yeah, hes probably printing on a resin printer then. So many parts to maintain details and make it a little easier to paint. And some big ones sell for 4 figures finished and are like 2x the size of the printer that printed it. But you can also make minis for tabletop gamers as well. I respect their paint and detail skills as well as their steady hand, mine is nowhere near that precise anymore.

I have no interest in lots of what people post in my FB 3D printer groups, lots of game mini’s, some seriously cool cos-play stuff that includes arduinos, motors and lights, plus a TON of useful one-off things ya never thought to create / print (I printed radio knobs for a 40’s plymouth savoy). But seeing their creations definitely opens your eyes to all the other possibilities…

I got a couple of friends like yours. Its not bad to be exposed to others interests :slight_smile: I rather enjoy the variety…

2 Likes

hi sorry dont mean to hijack thread but i posted on other threads and got no answear yet, what would cause the fingers of leaves to look like upside down tacos, any help would be appreciated and thanks

could be heat stress to close to light :sunglasses:

growth in growing :seedling: :herb: :evergreen_tree:

:man_farmer:lime

1 Like

Heat stress, magnesium deficiency, caterpillar cocoons on bottom side of affected leaves (if outdoors)…other stuff…

3 Likes

its indoors temps are 77 would a fan blowing on them do that, and light is set to 250w right now and is 18 inches away

1 Like

could be wind move the fan so it doesn’t blow directly at them

between top of canopy and light is good

did that a few miniuts ago hope that helps

thats was where it was when started doing that, so i moved it to bottom of tent blowing across floor think that would be ok

the leaves that have curled will probably not uncurl but it wont keep happening to new growth

growth in growing :seedling: :herb: :evergreen_tree:

:man_farmer:lime