Free Seeds & Free Clones Thread Vol. 1 (Closed)

Dude,

Thank you so much but I am good for right now thanks to the preservation projects that are going on here at OG. I really do appreciate it, this giving spirit is what makes OG the greatest place to hang out on the interwebz.

fr0g_D

4 Likes

They are light colored, but I dont see why they all wouldnt crack?
They look healthy enough to pop. I know they are paler than I would like, but Id bet you could get 80% germ rate if done right.

3 Likes

Hello @ReikoX. Is this offer still open?
I am very interested in autoflower seeds. I just have been turned off by the inconsistant results. Not all autoflowers are created equal I guess…
Im interested, and would run these this summer.
I can document the grow for you if you’d like. Or post pics and a thread here possibly.

If things have changed, its all good if the offer is now closed.
Thank you for your time and consideration,
Dennis

3 Likes

I agree. I’ve had plenty of pale seeds pop and produce excellent plants.

4 Likes

I do agree, whole heartily.
The wealth of friendship is amazing, not too mention, the vast array of knowledge(s) on the subject(s) of cannabis. Truly, a terrific, and community driven site.

regards,

mike28086

4 Likes

@Silverhaze I am currently out of autoflower seeds. I am making more as we speak. Keep an eye on my auto thread for availability.

4 Likes

That is a shame. If I end up with enough of the 3 crosses I have in the works, you’ll be welcome to some of them. The father was one of yours, after all. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
5 Likes

Well look at this thread!! I am about to retire and am gearing up. I am going to,set everything up for auto flower grows. I know I know… But I have been following growers that do autos in 5 and 10 gallon pots and they are getting massive results. I would be absolutely thrilled to get a leg up on some tried and true beans. Going to go organic in a 4x4x7 tent. It is legal where I am moving ( Oklahoma) and I am still deciding what LED to use. So good to be back on OG after all these years. I had help from this forum from buying a cabinet through curing medicine. :v:

7 Likes

Look into quantum boards for lighting

2 Likes

I have an LED thread I started and have gotten great feedback. I really cannot DIY. I shake and have issues with my brain injury. So far I am really liking the Timber series and of course the Kind LED. Thanks for the reply. Will look into them. I may just say what the he’ll and have a friend do the build and I purchase the DIY stuff.

4 Likes

Looking for chocolate thai

4 Likes

I’d love some inbred choc thai myself, there is hazemans coca puffs strain , havent grown it yet myself but the genetics are pretty heavy on the choc thai side… also from I understand choc and lemon phenos can be hunted out of wild thai seed, just be prepared to kill alot of herms

5 Likes

I’ve actually seen two or three people looking for a strain like that

1 Like

High all…

OK, here’s my story and why I’m posting to this thread…

In 2002, I joined overgrow.com and became a lurker. After seeing the information that was available and the grows that were possible, I bought a few packs of beans from Gypsy (Neville’s Haze, White Widow and Serious AK-47). I decided I would use BushyOlderGrower’s (BOG) soil recipe and started my beans. It was at this time that I also started building my grow room, and that’s when I got super active with my OG posts. That grow room thread became very popular, which was extremely rewarding because I was learning at the same time I was helping others learn.

In a reasonably short period of time, soon after my room was mostly complete, something magical started to happen: my plants grew into large, spectacularly beautiful ladies. My posts showing pics of my girls were also rather popular and I ended up winning a bunch of “Photo of the Week” (POTW) contests because so many great people nominated and voted on my pictures.

My good fortune as a grower also drove a lot of attention to my Grow Room build thread, which is why it remained a popular thread for so long. I considered myself to be a disciple of BOG and regularly praised him for my success as a grower. He, in turn, would occasionally hit me up with his extremely powerful karma, and so did other leaders in the OG community that I looked up to.

Things were going so good for me on OG that I felt indebted to the site, so I went beyond helping people online, I started helping medical patients that were within a few hours of my home - at zero cost to them. Needless to say, good karma rewarded me for my efforts. So much so, that in 2004, I was voted as the “Best New Grower” of 2003. Considering how popular overgrow.com was at that time, I was stunned and overwhelmed.

In 2005, I bought and moved into a home that met my criteria for a new grow room that I wanted to build. It was at this point that I decided to stop posting my daily grow-oriented endeavors on OG, for security sake. Considering what happened with OG, I’m glad I did.

Unfortunately, I didn’t post anything about my new grow room build. I built a large room using cinder blocks and with a hidden door. Not only was it silent, but it blended into the structure of the basement, and it wasn’t obvious to anyone who came in the basement (unless they knew the layout prior to the build). I also didn’t post about my learning curve when dealing with a different water source. Going from pH balanced city water to highly acidic (4.7 pH) well water was a nightmare that lasted for a lot longer than I want to admit. This forced me to try a variety of growing mediums, nutes, methods and water treatments that I’m certain others could have learned from, too.

By 2006, everything was dialed in nicely. I had a variety of strains that I kept from my original Gypsy purchase (I was blessed with a Cherry AK-47!), some crosses of my own creation and a couple of strains that came from beans that one of the medical patients I had helped. Then life took a left turn…

In November of 2014, I got a call about my brother. He went to the hospital with a severe headache and they decided to take a scan. He had tumors. They had to operate immediately to save his life. They couldn’t remove them all, and they were growing. Rapidly. More scans and several biopsies revealed the whole story. It was stage IV lung cancer (adenosquamous carcinoma), and he also had tumors on his larynx and spine. The prognosis was poor. Dire.

So for the next 5 months, I was traveling 1300 miles/week to spend time with him because I knew his time was very limited. After he was released from the hospital, he discovered this thing called “Simpson Oil” and told me about it. I knew nothing about it, but when I got home after hearing about it, I did my own research. Needless to say, I would be an excellent source of the material needed to make it. In fact, I had about 3 pounds of quality trim in the freezer that I would make bubble hash from. Though my family may have suspected that I was growing a little weed at my home, I think all doubt was removed when I showed up with all that trim and made several ounces of oil in my brother’s garage.

For the record, I had no hope that Simpson Oil would save my brother’s life, but I was confident it would help him deal with the chemo and radiation therapy he was getting. My mother and I would put a big dab on a piece of bread and fold it in half, then wrap it in cellophane, and my brother would consume it throughout the day. It helped him maintain an appetite, keep his stress levels down and provided some pain relief. Sadly, my brother was gone by early April, 2015, and it was at that time that shit really hit the fan.

Without going into the details, there were extended family members that found out I was likely growing weed, and these same family members were causing a LOT of drama surrounding my brother’s death, how his estate and funeral would be handled, and lifelong family secrets that were revealed as my brother was dying. I no longer felt safe doing what I loved for so long, so I pulled all the plugs. I gave all my equipment to the grow shop I used, and had the cinder block walls removed from my basement.

It’s been 4 years since everything came to a halt. I feel confident now saying “the coast is clear”, so now I’m looking to start again. Only now I have no beans or access to clones to start with, and that’s why I’m posting to this thread. Unlike when I purchased my beans from Gypsy, when I was renting a home and was weeks away from moving into another rental property, I own my home and don’t feel comfortable going through a commercial seed bank.

BTW - I’m in the US - not far from the Appalachian Trail.

If someone is able to hook me up, and if I can get dialed in with security, I will post my progress here on OG.

17 Likes

I have some seeds nothing great. I am sure someone will chime in with some better seeds to offer. But if not PM me and I can send you some.

9 Likes

Thanks @PoppaPuff.:+1: PM sent!

8 Likes

Sorry to hear about your brother and the drama that followed. I’ve got some beans if you need some Mostly Bodhi crosses and f2s. PM me

13 Likes

Thank you @50State. F*ck cancer! Also, it’s family members like some of mine that make me appreciate my friends! Truly…

I just sent you a PM.

6 Likes

HMU. I’ll get you going with some stuff too. Welcome back amigo.

5 Likes