From Dankest Africa Strain Descriptions

Several OGers are holding strains for Nick with From Dankest Africa. I’ve been trying to locate strain decsriptions for Nick’s stuff, and it finally occured to me to ask Strainly if they could them pull down.

Lo and behold it’s just like the man said, ask, and ye shall receive. :pray:

Lemints

Lemints is a 4th generation IBL of Haze sourced in Cape Town during the mid 90s x African Haze x Heirloom Afritiva (Durban Poison x Malawi Gold x Swazi Gold x Transkei Red) back-crossed to the Haze, that produces strong lemon, mint, lime, camphor & pine needle terps with a more subtle haze sourness overpowered by the lemon & menthol camphor.

The grow time is lengthy but no longer than the Haze range of time, with the mixed landrace genetics forgiving but producing best in native-like environments & conditions (warmer African climate with KWs of natural light). A large producer capable of outgrowing her area outdoors, she will require training & space to control growth & manage yields/ budding sites. An experienced grower can expect branching/colas covered in heavily scented light lime green buds that will envelope the entire branch, creating huge spear colas under the right conditions. Lemints are a strain anyone can grow & enjoy with good results, owing to her heirloom genetics, but when tended nearly perfectly or professionally will produce legendary results.

DeathBreath F2

The smell & taste are as the name suggests, not for the faint of heart, nostril or constitution. Genetics - (Heirloom Thai + Afghan x Burning Love#1) x (Durban Poison + N.Lights x Burning Love#1) Mostly Sativa, a worked line that has produced pheno’s like Decay, Garlic, Chicken curry, Putrid & Petroleum with the best variation in the F2 generation.

Potent, pungent, and a large plant. The neighbors will know, 1 outdoor girl I grew was very noticeable. At 10 meters removed behind a wall she smelled so strongly I had security issues keeping long-fingers off her. This is not for novice growers, she requires experienced care & is considered difficult to grow optimally but her heirloom genetics mean she’ll still produce under less than ideal conditions.

The effect is narcotic & devastating, an amazing full-body, cerebral high that sets the mind to wandering as it’s wondering. Not the best for staying productive as concentration vanishes first, leaving the mind untethered & floating in free thought, an intense & occasionally too-strong feeling that’s only for experienced journeyman.

Burning Love genetics profile. Swazi Gold, Malawi Gold, N.Lights, South Indian Sativa.

Transkei Rooibaard (Red Beard)

An epic landrace Sativa, very difficult to find in its pure form as cross pollination has robbed even the small coastal Transkei region of this beauty. Now relegated to Mythical or Extinct status, this Legendary Sativa can still be found in the cannabis underground of South Africa where it is called Rooibaard (Red Beard) for the ridiculously fiery red pistils that completely cover her buds. Baggies full of leftover kief are very common when packing some of this girl.

The effect is more physical than many other African strains while retaining the classic electric sativa buzz. This uncommon effect is likely due to a unique cannabinoid profile or synergy thereof. Her smell is pleasant/ mild but the taste is quiet expansive & reminds me of tobacco, cedar shavings & herbal remedies, a complex, heavy, lung stretching smoke that hit very hard & heavily. Very potent, very long lasting effect that can easily lead to Canna-K.O. if overused.

Swaziland Gold

Lost in its native homeland due to commercial cross pollination in an attempt to speed up production. These seeds are pure & unhybridized with a traditional Sativa grow duration & patience being rewarded with huge yields of a very unique plant.

The smell & taste of Swazi are distinct & the effect is potent, the cannabinoid synergy allows for near psychedelic highs similar to Malawi gold but slightly heavier with less euphoria, it’s an up high but it feels quite heavy mentally & physically.

The smell is unique to Swazi, hard to identify further then “that’s some good Swazi right there” its taste is the same, you know its Swazi when you take a toke, probably the most identifiable weed just by scent here in Africa. Although not tested to the same THC levels as some more modern strains, its effect & taste are undeniable & cant be compared to some of the generic/tasty strains being used today.

Burning Love #9 F3

Pungency reminiscent of tropical skunk butt with mango/papaya & fermented/over ripe melon fruit baskets awash in undertones of hash, gasoline & earth. Big yielding, slightly Sativa dominant hybrid, stinker with good yields & a variable finish, true-breeding & potent with effects that are old school, trippy with good body, easy to grow.

Genetics - (Malawi + N.Lights circa '99(Cape Town) x (Swazi gold x N.Lights circa '99) x (Malawi Gold x Swazi Gold x Heirloom South Indian Sativa) A pheno hunters strain with good flexibility, longer flowering of 65+ days increases resin production & terp variation or intensity. I’ve produced some incredible variants with crosses of this strain.

Galloping Mandarin

A distinct and unique hybrid of Afghan Kush, Northern Lights, Swazi Gold, Malawi Gold & Transkei Red. This line is well worked & shows good variation with 3 distinct chemo genotypes being most regularly found. The most common has good inter-nodal spacing, good leaf to calyx ratio, increased resin production, a delicious profile, and a nice overall size without being unmanageable.

The classic Kush smell is accented by sweet citrus/mandarin & petroleum/ammonia cleaner that is intoxicating & can be quiet expansive on the chest. A balanced hybrid in growth & effect, she’s a fast producer considering her genetics with even the smaller percentile phenos (growth morphology) staying between 55-70 days depending on personal preference. The effect is surprisingly relaxing without being a couch-locker & would be ideal for pain management, stress relief & general relaxation while still allowing productivity.

Old School Skunk '96

Sourced from Cafe Getafix (Old Smokeasy) in Cape Town South Africa early in 1996 & the 1st verified strain in my collection. An IBL of a heirloom that predates the infamous Cape Town Critical Cheese strain, likely from the same original source.

A barely worked line as I’ve tried to preserve her in a form closest to the original as possible. Have found good variation, and terp profile mostly in small batches through the years. A great choice for those looking to hunt a favorite Skunk pheno from the last 20 years or create unique cuts for breeding a la Roadkill, Ginger, Shoreline, Cheese, Buttermilk, etc.

Malawi Gold

100% pure landrace African Sativa. Hand collected personally in 2006 & preserved since for purity. With it’s legendary status more than deserved, this special landrace earns its place on the list of top 10 “strains to try before you die”. This is not a heirloom like African Buzz, other Malawi crosses or several questionable bags of seeds being called Malawi Gold, this is the pure form of an epic landrace Sativa, probably lost completely outside of a few small remote locations & collectors. One of the few plants I documented during the Cannabis prohibition era, all of which is available on Strainly, IG or via email.

It is unlike anything else you’ll ever experience, the effect defies description, with a sweet citrus, earthy taste thats clean, smooth, & teases with hints of Haze-like sourness or ammonia. An intense yet never anxiety inducing, long lasting euphoric tingle that sours above the effects of other Sativas.

Yields are ridiculous, pounds of flowers per plant under the right conditions are commonplace.

CAPz - Cherry Alien PebbleZ

(Cherry Fruity Pebble OG zKittlez x Skullcap) (Karma Genetics-Errol Flynn Stud)

The 3rd offering in the series of crosses featuring our Skullcap super-stud called Errol Flynn, and it’s expected phenos are likely to become flagship strains at From Dankest Africa. A very exciting poly-hybrid strain in itself, AlienDog Cherry x Fruity Pebbles OG (Obsoul33t) was crossed to Zkittlez Z3 (Terp Hogz) to create a delicious & potent Mother: Cherry FPOG Zkittlez. An explosion of flavor that’s only equaled by the 25-28% THC. A combination of potency, terps & tastes like this is a rare & special treat, easy to control & train for better yields/ light distribution.

A slightly Indica leaning hybrid packed with a delicious full effect stone from dense resinous buds. We’ve selected females with the most desirable, irresistible smells. A complex sweet-sour & cherry/lemon enhanced blend full of candy fruity pebbled zKittleZ.

Combined with our well documented Skullcap male, Errol Flynn (Karma genetics) a mildly mutated, balanced hybrid combination of Sour Headstash x Biker Kush that can wrinkle your nose with sour power & invite you to inhale deeper the sweet stash scents, seemingly all at once. He’s slightly Sativa leaning & really tries to fill his grow area with thick branching, fat nodes & huge fans on hollow stems.

The crossing of these 2 heavyweight, flavor packing, head twisting, poly-hybrids should produce every imaginable combination of smells, flavors, morphologies & variations. It shouldn’t be hard to find & proliferate a particular favorite, be it for taste, effect, color, growth or all 4. Expect delicious & pungent phenos that should meet any and all cannaseur quality tests. Those looking for a treat as well as those who want a kick of stank on the palate, all with serious pedigree potency.

Skull Monkey

We’re excited & pleased to offer the F1 generation cross of selected Bodhi Seeds Space Monkey females & a Karma genetics Skullcap male (Errol Flynn).

Space Monkey: GG#4 x Wookie#15 (Bodhi Seeds) - a larger, more productive plant that’s increased the sugar coating of trichs & added some funk to the party. Raspberry, grapes, kerosene & lavender intermingle to create a whirlwind scent. I’ve found/saved 3 distinct pheno’s for proliferation & cross breeding including a sour raspberry, grape fuel & skunky lavender. An Indica dominant effect & growth that soothes, relaxes & physically mellows without sedating to the point of sleep. To quote Bodhi “Harmonic stone to the bone with a melodic overtone”

Skullcap: (Sour Headstash x Biker Kush) (Karma Genetics) - Multiple cup winning parents really showed through in these genetics, all credit to Karma for creating 1 of the most impressive plants I’ve seen. Humongous 11 point leaves, perfect inter-nodal spacing, massive hollow stems & even slight mutation!

This plant checked off every box on the list I use looking for winners. When it turned out to be a male I knew what had to be done: Stud. His smell is nose wrinkling sour power with the sweet twist of headstash candy hidden in the back. The doubling of Biker Kush has given an indica appearance to a clearly sativa dominant plant, big, thick & vigorous, he outshines every other plant he’s placed with. I plan to keep cloning & using this fella for years to come! An absolute specimen.

I expect genotype/chemotypes that have the sour skunky smell & flavor of some GG#4s, others with the fruity, kerosene, lavender of the Wookie#15 & all complimented by the stellar Skullcap male, who will either amplify the terpenes, adding some Headstash sweetness or some nose burn Sour Power oompf to the terp-party.

This is the first of several crosses featuring our amazing Skullcap Stud, this breeding will probably produce offspring with some special sour skunky terps unlike anything else with the less common phenos displaying more complex, unique, sweeter, lavender-grape aroma, both potent, both desirable & both easy to grow.

39 Likes

It’s weird that Rooibaard is said to be Transkei strain? We always knew it as a Swaziland strain because when we would go to Swaziland to collect sacks we always had a choice of Swazi Gold, Rooibaard, Swazi Skunk or Suoer Sku k… depending which farm we were getting from. Never knew it as a Transkei strain until maybe 5 yeara ago when sites started claiming it to be an eastern cape strain.

Sorry but this is some complete bullshit

2 Likes

I’m thinking that the Rooibaard name was just given to any pheno that threw out the reddish hair. We would get weed from the garden route area called Rooibaard and in Cape Town they would sell the shitty bag stuff as rooibaard too. My buddy who knows the kei well says the guys up near Lusikiski called it TK rooibaard but also only recently-ish. He thinks it might be a combo of the swazi and kei.

Edit - Should’ve stated that it’s not a proper strain and was the muddied newer “swazi” and “kei” that was comnined and called rooibaard. Not “Legendary” in the least bit

1 Like

Lemints sounds like the haze in it is the old nl#5xhaze rather than ohz. That sour, menthol camphor sandlewood is all old 5haze. I thought these would have been African landraces with a name like “from dankest africa”. ??
Anyone tried these or got pictures.

1 Like

The Swazi, Malawi, Rooibaard, and Congolese are the landraces he had. He must’ve taken the Congolese listing down because Strainly couldn’t find it. The rest of those strains are his hybrids.
:guitar:

1 Like

Thanks Guitarzan. Is there any pictures or threads on the site you can direct me to from these seeds, especially the Swaziland, Rooibard or the Congolese please.

All I have are the Swazi, and Malawi. Hmmm, I can’t figure out how to rotate those pictures

Malawi

Swazi

13 Likes

Thanks guitarzan. Those look really nice especially the swazi. What did you think of it ?
With the pictures, not sure but you may have to change the setting to landscape

1 Like

You must have callouses from all that typing! Good stuff!

2 Likes

I haven’t grown either of those out yet. My current grow room isn’t a place to try and grow out a African Sativa, but I hope that’s going to change soon. :crossed_fingers:

HA! I copied and pasted all that stuff. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

15 Likes

HEY!! Great job man. How did you do that? I tried changing the orientation with Picture Manager, but it didn’t work. No matter how I flipped them, they always displayed the same in my post.

Way to go man. :grinning:

2 Likes

I did it right on my iPhone in photos/edit

Wow!! That Swazi looks a lot like the OSS 96 I got going.

Hmmm :thinking:

2 Likes

Love the structure on them plants! How did it taste?

1 Like

Looks stinky

2 Likes

Here’s my oss96 that I got going.

11 Likes

Is that the 96 Capetown Skunk? @TokerJayG?

1 Like

I’ll go with that name :wink: has a twang to it!!! ‘96 Cape Town skunk
But Going by how it was given to me it’s the old school skunk ‘96. I will say when I first popped a bean it was outdoors and it was a male. He was beautiful but as he grew I did remark to myself that the plant had a Swazi type look to it. Others have also agreed though that the oss96 has Swazi in it or looks like it does. Here’s a few pics of my latest progress on my last one growing.

8 Likes

Good possibility local genetics made their way into the strain. I know dankest Africa thinks its pure though…
Having never grown swazi I wouldn’t know what to look for but those plants definitely have a Sativa look to them.

3 Likes