From SSeeDD to sail.. exploring SSDD, pollen chucks & Bodhi Crosses

A looks like TK with some nice hybrid flowers between the two of them.

C looks like SSDD flowers. Floppy sounds like SSDD too.
Not sure where the “creeper” effect is coming from though.

9 Likes

Yeah that’s my hope, that it kills all kinds of flys and aphids. The yellow sticky traps got most of them, but I did manage to hit a few yesterday crawling around on the surface with the spray, we’ll see what the numbers look like in a few days.

Understood, I know it can take a while to really get a handle on the effects. It sounds like they are pretty potent though, which I would expect.

From what I’ve seen I like it too, though I’m not exactly sure on the bubbashine traits - kushy/blueberry nose and extreme frost? You’ll probably have luck searching in those Baba Kush, maybe the bubba will ‘shine’ through… hah hah :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Beautiful shots and colors on those Trip Sun As. :sunglasses:
It might be the angle, but Trip Sun Cs lower buds look the almost the same size as the main cola bud.

6 Likes

Thanks!

They are pretty large but some of the tops are much larger than last time when they were seeded. The lighting is a bit more intense this go around and the heat is much higher so I expect them to be a bit on the airy side from foxtailing.

That and I’m mostly thinking about the ultra dreamy effects. It seems useful for medicinal use and from what I’ve read that seems to be very similar to how Bodhi worded his thoughts on bubbashine.

I’d love to try some bubba leaning phenos.

Also I broke down and ordered 2 strains from GLG on the restock (more redeye jedi & secret chief). Was going to order more stuff as backups with the male retirement news but decided against it ( Lav Jack, Space Monkey, Devil’s Play, Soul Mate, and a few others).

I’m extremely excited about the free pack as well and actually had buyers remorse after going to the post office. I should have selected 2x Kali Mist x everything instead of 1x Kali Mist x everything + Butterscotch x Wookie. I’m really excited about the KM for nostalgia reasons and trying a cross that is up to Bodhi’s standards makes it even more exciting. Don’t really care what male was used in the “everything”.

15 Likes

TripSun C

Trip Sun A

SSDD

31 Likes

Beautiful shots! The colours on those are fantastic!

:v:

11 Likes

Gorgeous shots! Pic of the months all throughout this thread. Awesome work and documentation as always!

Nice score on the Kali Mist x too. That should be a fun run. Hope you find the nice effects it’s known for.

10 Likes

Also I forgot to stake them on Saturday and really have to get that done ASAP. One started to slowly fall over when I moved the pot earlier.

Thanks!

The gnats seem to find them attractive too. :upside_down_face:
DSC_3730

Ya for sure! Not my favorite effects but really looking forward to that for nostalgia reasons.

13 Likes

Got mostly everything staked a few hours ago before I left. Everything smells good but A is my current favorite at this stage. I remember last round C started smelling insanely good around day 70 so interested to see if that happens again.

More A & gnat shots

21 Likes

The 2 things I want to do this fall / winter are :

• Make some backup TS F2s / explore more TS
  • OG x 88g13hp hunt

Still undecided on which I want to do first, but am leaning towards OG x 88g at the moment. I really liked my favorite Devil’s HP as well as my favorite Redeye Jedi. I’m fairly content with the TS-A at the moment as far as SSDD is concerned. It will be about a year since I had any 88g13hp so my interest is growing again, feel like I had a long enough break from it. The more variety I go with = lower numbers of each. I definitely want to try Secret Chief as I’ve been after it for a while and was a huge fan of SunRa (SFV x W15).

Here are the OG x 88g13hp crosses that I have currently in order of my interest. Some of them I’m not too interested in trying this round.

Secret Chief - SFV x 88g13hp
Redeye Jedi - Skywalker OG x 88g13hp
Devils Hashplant - Diablo OG x 88g13hp

Spirit HP - Ghost OG x 88g13hp
Imperial Majesty - Pure OG x 88g13hp

Grandmas Hashplant - Irene x 88g13hp
Black Triangle - TK (OG?) x 88g13hp
Time Bandit - Wifi #43 x 88g13hp

Interested in any opinions from others, even though there’s probably very little chance to persuade me into the bottom 3.

19 Likes

Redeye Jedi… I ran a Lemon Walker that was really, really good. Skywalker has always interested me, and I missed RJ at the last drop. And, Imperial Majesty doesn’t sound 1/2 bad :slight_smile: You’re on your own for the 3rd!

11 Likes

HG still has 1. If you’re looking of course haha. Maybe they have more than 1 and are just limiting to 1 per customer also.

9 Likes

The Red Eye Jedi is highly touted and would likely be towards the top. Think your pics actually lol. Something with that Skywalker. I wanna get that cut someday to see about the effects…

Secret chief for reasons you already know with it being #1 in the list… but I personally haven’t had an SFV OG that I thought was worth keeping. Could’ve just been knock off’s though, there’s like 7 different SFV cuts. I know people rave about the secret chief so likely not the cuts i’ve tried. idk. but it keeps me up at night :joy:

I’m sure @minitiger might have something to say about the Imperial Majesty… the Irene is highly coveted. although I hear she’s a low yielding pain to grow, still the grandma’s might be towards the top of my list…

And then maybe the spirit HP for the Ghost. I would say the Black Triangle but I haven’t quite seen anyone mention the things I’d be looking for in a triangle cross… and arguably that Triple Sunshine might be better in that regard… Idk much about the rest.

So for me the order would be:

Redeye Jedi
Grandma’s HP
Spirit HP

15 Likes

I blew my wad for this year on last week’s GLG drop… I GHp’d it up, lol!

9 Likes

I’ve been wanting to do similar with OG x 88g13hp. Haven’t been floored with any 88g13hp cross I’ve grown, but never given it a true full pack look through, and the OG crosses are highly regarded. Seems like finding a mom leaner might be simple as OG’s are so viney.

Can’t remember if I saw your thoughts on the red eye jedi pheno you liked - definitely would like to see more of that one as I’ve got that pack, devil’s HP too. I think all of those packs have seen positive reviews, time bandit is highly regarded too.

10 Likes

I would vote Redeye Jedi too. I love that Skywalker, I sure miss my cut. Wish I would have made some crosses with it before I lost it to HpLVd. I did cross it to a hermi prone auto after it had HpLVd. How’s that for a shitty cross? HpLVd x Hermie? :rofl:

14 Likes

Ya that was kind of my thoughts as well, only to throw a wrench in the mix my Redeye Jedi was stout and fast flowering.

I only had 2 females and one threw nanners. The one that stayed and failed to reveg was very good. I have a small bud in a jar a year later~ and it smells good still. Devil’s HP only had 3 females in the pack and 1 was very nice.

Interesting, have any pictures of your cut? Or was it just Skywalker and not REJ? Still would be interested in seeing that haha.

You chase potency to an extent though right? I was reading HigherThought’s review of an SFV S1 last night and this stood out to me.

Personally, I think the effects of the SFV are the “best”, while Triangle and Ghost tend more toward pure potency—but we are really splitting hairs at this point, and it’s tough to wrong among company like this.

I definitely didn’t think SunRa would win any competitions for potency, but the effects did resonate with me really well.

from San Fernando Valley (SFV) OG Kush S1 (Outdoor) — Higher Thought

Ya hoping @minitiger and @zephyr both give input on their favorite OGs.

12 Likes

Some Redeye Jedi pictures grown last year from my other thread to add to discussion -

19 Likes

Yeah certainly on that chase. I prefer the flower when I’m able to smoke just a chillum or two, like ~0.25g, and be good for 2 or more hours. The effects have to be there though too, potent and bland is right out for me, like Gelato.

The SFV I’ve had reminds me of ~$40/quarter mids from back in the day. Smoke a whole joint and maybe be good for an hour or so, type stuff. Completely uninteresting to me. Sounds like that is NOT what higherthought had :thinking: I do trust his opinion and usually don’t have anything to add to his reviews… Need someone who’s had the Secret Chief and the TK/Ghost/Etc to chime in…

10 Likes

I wish I could get my hands on some of his Genius Thai F2’s lol

9 Likes