From SSeeDD to sail.. exploring SSDD, pollen chucks & Bodhi Crosses

Larry is the person who grew and sold two OGs by the pack to a guy who called one Larry OG, because dude’s name was Larry and it was OG. The other OG made its way to Atlanta with some seeds, I believe, and then they found a plant they loved. Believe the name comes from Goodnight, Irene. That’s the story I remember about Irene. It’s killer smoke, but you need to dial it in. I’d love that cut.

9 Likes

You gotta grow what excites You.

Diablo OG i’ve never had, SFV OG was good but Ghost OG was too “dissociative” (too much in my own head),
So i voted Red Eye Jedi, as the Skywalker OG teen clone i flowered was the most uplifting and euphoric high i‘ve ever gotten from an OG cross.

6 Likes

As far as I know, Larry OG is a cut that was grown down in Orange County by a dude named Larry. That’s the most plausible story to me, never heard anything about Larry being found in a pack of seeds. If that’s what you’re saying? I’m not sure what you’re saying haha.

Regardless, everything I’ve read about Irene doesn’t sound anything like what I actually know, from experience, about Larry. It’s kind of funny that they named both of them “old people names,” though haha…

3 Likes

Larry was not found in a pack of seeds. Why is this so confusing for you?? Larry grew and sold packs of two different OGs. One of those OGs the guy who grabbed packs from Larry, named Larry OG to differentiate the two. The OTHER OG, not Larry OG, that dude got packs of is the one that ended up in Atlanta with some seeds. Then they named it Irene after Goodnight, Irene. Clear?

Edit: Packs are pounds. Maybe you didn’t understand that and thought that meant seed packs. Sorry for the confusion. Haha Also, never heard of Larry being in Orange County. Thought he was in my area for sure.

5 Likes

Absolutely, but I do love getting feedback from those of you on the west coast who have access / have tried the legit flower. Where I am I don’t trust that anything is what it’s listed as unless it’s coming from GLG / HG directly.

7 Likes

@Hillbill Aren’t you a fan of Secret Chief?

4 Likes

I remember @Hillbill saying of Secret Chief: “he will sit on you”. To me i hope that means it’s got a heavy body high. And will sit your ass down to the couch?

9 Likes

Because of THAT, motherfucker! Haha, just fucking with you. But yeah, that’s the first time I’ve ever heard of pounds being referred to as “packs.” Heard pounds referred to as a lot of other things, never heard “packs” before, though, I don’t think.

Anyway, yeah, that clears things up haha.

That’s the story I heard over a decade ago, but I take every story with a massive grain of salt.

6 Likes

Hahaha My bad on the packs. Pretty sure Larry was in the Hollywood or West Hollywood area back in the day. The good ol’ County of Orange was pumping out plenty of good OG flower too though.

7 Likes

I was out in California from 2010-2013. LA county mainly and lalso out in the antelope valley.

I remember when I first tried Skywalker OG. That flavor profile was out of this world. Small almost bluish buds, or turquoise looking. I haven’t had that same one ever since. Everything that is around today back on the east coast that is called skywalker og doesn’t match up to what I remember.

Same thing with Tahoe Og, another top notch unique flavor but nothing matches that exact smoke from back then. After reading what @HolyAngel said about 7 different SFV OG cuts out there, it would be hard to really narrow it down to which one I had.

I stumbled on some Deadhead OG in 2011 up in San fran. My buddy and I were visiting a homie up there. He got a half of it for us for the weekend visit. Wicked red hairs are what I remember.

Big finger joints allday while bombing all those SF hill on our skateboards. I might have a picture of the Deadhead OG but I don’t it’s a clear shot of it.

Back then it seemed like everything out there was hitting on all cylinders then.

8 Likes

I’ll throw this out there as my anecdotal evidence, though I have gone through a decent amount of flower, those OG’s and especially the Tahoe and Skywalker just mentioned express best when you can bring in that super cold dry mountain air the last 2-3 weeks. Most of us can’t do that though due to our locations.

Edit: Seeing people go straight into cars bombing in SF was always crazy. Those are some hills!!

7 Likes

Oh yea nothing like those hills out in SF. Pure madness. I left my far share of skin on those hills. Fortunate not to catch a car haha.

I didnt think of the environmental angle. Were they both created up in Tahoe?

7 Likes

Not that I know of. Just anywhere you can bring in cold dry air. Something like temps in the 60s lights on 30%-40% humidity and then in the 40s temp wise with humidity as low as you can get it lights off the final two weeks.

5 Likes

Ok figured it might have been. I’ll look into it, I’m curious now.

3 Likes

I’m guessing Tahoe is cut someone had up there for sure. I can’t remember the Skywalker story. Is that cut still around? Tahoe and Skywalker yielded much better than Ghost, Bubba, and Fire if I remember correctly. But, could’ve just been not as dialed in.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t know but maybe someone on here might know.
It was pretty unique, so I imagine someone out there has it.

2 Likes

Same, but I haven’t grown many (peach Hp, orange Wookie x 88g13, snuggle funk). @BeagleZ grew a killer pheno of both Super Silver Haze and Saints Crossing. I liked the Saints Crossing, so much I bought a pack of that and REJ, so I could get my grubby hands on that Shakedown Street freebie.

13 Likes

When I saw k4 x wookie I was half tempted to make another order haha… Shakedown Street sounds like it could be cool too, don’t think I’ve seen any chem x wookie stuff grown out. Cool that you’ve grown wookie x 88, was it any good?

Ya that’s interesting to hear, thanks. Another reason why fall/winter may be good for this here as that will be the driest conditions. Right now it’s really hot & humid here7, though I’m sure southern US like FL is hell in comparison.

Ya I just don’t believe anything where I’m at. At best they are renaming S1s as the parent.

9 Likes

Pruned the lower branches of these all after taking the shots. A bit later than I wanted to but didn’t have the time until today. Always entertaining to see the B thread devolve and go on slow mode because people are looking to get offended by any and everything, but will just post it here today to stay on the safe side.

Lav Jack #1 - by far the tallest

Lav Jack #2

Lav Jack #3

C91 sva x SSDD

Herer HP

Black background shots just for you @minitiger

26 Likes

The pheno I grew was not for me, but I have like a pack and a 1/2 to go through to find something more appealing.

8 Likes