Fruitbowl from sunshine rdwc grow

Hey all. I was given some free seeds from sunshine a while ago and I finally got setup up and running.

Life and work made me put off a grow but here I am, wasnt gonna be one of “those guys” who gets free seeds then disappear lol. Anyways he gave me fruitbowl and some spice mix seeds. Got a fruitbowl sprouted and ready to share my grow.

Setup is rdwc single plant in 18gallon bucket with a 5 gallon “res” I guess you can say,only for ease of checking/adding water nutes etc. Outside of tent when lights out. 1/4hp water chiller, a “300” watt led for veg,then a 400watt hps for flower. Nutes I’m using is standard flora series 3 part general hydroponics. I will get pictures later today after work. Any questions or comments feel free. I will try and be on here as much as possible.

Let’s get this ball rolling lol, thanks again sunshine for the seeds, now let’s see how this turns out,thanks again.

9 Likes

welcome to OG!

sounds like you’ve got a pretty good setup going, can’t wait for pics :popcorn:

2 Likes

The seeds from @Sunshine were handed out a while ago, i wanna say over a year ago… So welcome back!

Sci :robot:

3 Likes

Thanks. I actually used to be on original og from way back in the day. And now I’m back. Haven’t grown in a couple years but now back at it…I mean it’s legal now so why not lol.

6 Likes

That is what everyone thinks around here yeah! WHY THE HELL NOT!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

Yes I wanna say the sunshine seeds I got was about a year ago

2 Likes

Nice one, hopefully we will get some diamond there. Nice setup too !

2 Likes

The last time I grew with this setup, minus the chiller and led, I pulled about a half pound with the 400hps, and that was with multiple problems, fighting algae slime etc…this time I’m aiming for a pound if everything goes right.

2 Likes

I do love me some rdwc!!! I hope you get your LB, I mean, I’m going to enjoy watching either way. Good call on the LEDs from the HPS. Once you get up and rolling, show us some pics!

Thanks for sharing, coming back, and being apart of Overgrow once again :+1:

2 Likes

Yea on the led… I only have a 2x4x6 tent and although the 400 worked great for flowering,i felt it was way overkill to use on a new plant during veg. And a waste of electricity. So plan is to veg with led,then switch to hps during flower,and depending on how it goes, I might add the led back in conjunction with hps for an extra kick, we’ll see.

1 Like

Happy growing @916monster

1 Like

Thanks again @sunshine

1 Like

If at all possible YES!..that will help you get your LB :grinning:

1 Like

New toy! No more tap water! New things are always nice.

4 Likes

So I sprouted this seed in a rockwool cube a couple weeks ago, put it in the system a week ago. It’s still small like 2 inches tall, but its already shooting its 3rd node set of leaves out.color looks ok. Only about 200ppm with 100 of that being calmag and 100 being gh 3 part…should I let it keep going another week or up the ppm?

5 Likes

Food is good. Be sure the pH is set properly so that it can absorb it.

3 Likes

200ppm is really light for GH nutes…I’m assuming your running RO water with your new filters from the previous post (very nice on getting RO btw :+1:) but If my res was ever at 200 or less, my plants look like they are starving

Yellowing tips with stunted grow is the indicator…as @99PerCent said, check PH (yes, calabrate the meter) to make sure no lockouts are occurring.

For plants that are over a week old, I use 400ppm solution with RO water. And do the
3part Grow
2part Micro
1part Bloom
With Cal Mag

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

New ph pen calibrated, as I just didn’t trust my old one thats been sitting. I aim for 5.8. 5.9. As for nutes I went really light, cause I didn’t wanna over do it on such a young plant as I only run a single plant and didn’t wanna screw it up and start over lol. The ro water came out @ 7ppm :slight_smile:

I’ve read somewhere else also that I should up my ppm as well, so I think I’ll get it up to 400 as stated.

1 Like

I also run hydroguard, orca, few drops of super thrive.

1 Like

Well I did a water change and up the nutes, came out around 460ppm so I’d say I guessed pretty good at amount of nutes aimed for 400ppm in 12 gallons of water…but I have a question about hydroguard and water chillers…I have been reading that hydroguard is a must without a water chiller which I know, but I’m wondering, do I need to even run hydroguard now that I have a chiller? Is it a waste to use? Or should I continue to run hydroguard with a chiller?

1 Like