Full room too hot not just my tent

Hi people glad to be here I’m having some trouble with my temps and rh I’m using 4 1000w aircooled lights in a 3m by 3m by 2m tent with 2 8"rvks blowing over the 2 lights each I’ve also got a Phresh Stealth 8" fan connected to my carbon filter extracting the air out,and a 6" phresh fan bringing cold air into the tent but I’m having high temps going as high as 88f and the rh going upto 70 any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated thanks so much for your time if you need any more info please let me know . With kindest regards Scott thank you

Can you post a picture of your grow room.

Sorry I don’t have a picture of the room thanks for getting back to me Grapeape with best regards Scotty

Wow! Four thousand watts and no airconditioner? If you have this in an airconditioned room then you have to turn down your ac. If not you need to buy an airconditioner. I live in central california and i have had a few rooms near the beach where i wouldn’t have to use one for four or five months out of the year but sooner or later i would have to crank one on. More power, more heat, more stress and problems.

1 Like

Yes ac is a must, Get your a portable ac unit or a window unit. It will help with the temps and humidity.

What is your outdoor temp?..

I guess I got it easy, I have one client and we are running an open DE 1KW in a 6x6x6 tent just using a 12 inch active intake vent that goes directly to the tent and a 6 inch scrubber exhuast that runs non stop.

The intake air is a cool 30F so for me its easy to maintain 76F.

Best way I’ve found to deal with hot temps for a tent in a room is to drop the room temp as much as possible. If not I’d look into a an AC unit. Off the top of my head 4000W is around 4000 BTU, so you would need at least a 8000 BTU unit off the top of my head. Really depends how hot things are outside.

1 Like

I’m the type that recommends appropriate ventilation… If there is good source of cool air from outside there is no need for AC (and if there is, there is something wrong with the design of air flow). GrowerGoneWild asks right question - what is your input temperature on intake?

Scott: do you know total output in m3/hour on your exhaust (in your case probably sum of exhausts on air-cooled hoods and exhaust with carbon filter)? Usually intake can be passive.

2 Likes

Hello HydroPower I’ve just installed another 8"phresh hyperfan and another carbon filter I’ve just kept the same 6" phresh hyperfan for bringing in my cold air but doubled up on the extraction second extraction system exiting a diffirent exhaust hole. Just hope this helps. Thanks for the replys guys it’s been greatly appreciated with kindestvregards Scott. Thank you

What He Said! If your room temp is high nothing you do for flow in the tent is going to help. If at all possible have your exhaust air exit outside of the room. But you have to get your room temps down. 4k watts in a tent is going to produce some serious heat . Just go get you a little 8btu unit heck even a little 5500 btu unit will make a huge difference. If you can ,exhaust all your hot air out of the room it will also help a lot, Like GGW said your lights are putting out 4k btu worth of heat. Just running my desktop pc and entertainment unit puts a noticeable load on my room temps by themselves.
I can literally heat my bedroom in the winter time with just my PC and home theater and my Pc can only push a max of 600 watts at full load. Your running 4k watts just in lights in your room! The solution is simple cool your room down one way or another, But an AC unit is the best option as it offers the most control over your environment Temp and humidity wise, as the ac is going to pull moisture out of the air in the room.
If money is tight try looking at a thrift store or craigslist for an AC UNIT. I picked up a portable 12,000btu unit a couple months ago for a measly $35 and it was a nice In room AC on wheels that you just run a duct like a dryer duct right out a window or you can cut a hole to the outside for it.

3 Likes

Hello pookie think I’ve just ran into a nightmare I’ve got females with seeds in the bud I’m in week 5 flower any ideas what to do this is my first time growing but went large and now looks like everything is knackered any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thanks

It looks like you have some hermies in there unless you had some males in there with your females too long and they released pollen… I don’t know your circumstances really though, so I’m only guessing at what it could be. If you have females that have little tiny yellow things that they call bananas or nanners because they look like tiny bananas , They are little pollen sacks and they will open and release a little pollen and therefore cause the plant to make seeds. If you have just a few nanners you can just keep an eye out daily and pluck them off .
But if that is what has happened it sounds like it is too late and you’re stuck with seeded plants. You have to catch them early if that is indeed what has happened to you.

To be honest I think I’ve possibly stressed them a bit at one point when trying to get temps and humidity right the temps went as high as 95f and at night it’s dropping to 63f so don’t know if it’s been self inflicted the plants look beautiful but I’ve opened a few buds up and found some seeds I’m new to this and suppose it’s all part of the learning curve but this is gonna be costly I have two sides the bad side seems to have more of the Hermes type with seeds in the buds but there not showing male flowers I don’t know whether to chop them just now and cut my losses or take it another week to see if the buds are getting better or whether there forming seeds. I’m really sad at the moment as I’ve put my heart and sole into this project I’m a bit of a perfectionist and the things I knew were wrong when we started have came back to haunt me. To be honest my friend went for to much blinded by the money I told him how I felt but he doesn’t understand all the preparation and hard work it takes to learn properly some people think you just buy a tent some lights turn everything on and they grow there selves as I say I think I’m going to give one more week as the buds look great aswell as the plants as I said there on week 5 flower it’s sour diesel and there’s about 50 a metre or more high tricky situation I’ve got ten mothers growing in a smaller 1.2 1.2 2.0. But I’ve read some horror stories that when your room has had hermied plants trying to get everything scrubbed clean is a nightmare I was reading there was one guy in the states he scrubbed his room with bleach and basically humigated the place but 7 months later after trying numerous more groves as soon as they went to flower within 2 weeks they were hermied and it was all different strains think the poor guy was for moving home lol think it was the omen he was living in

yeah you probably just stressed them too much with the heat causing them to herm on you. From what i here it sounds too late really if you’re seeded your seeded. Good news is if they hermied due to stress and not bad genes then you will have a bunch of feminised seeds you can use for a later grow. Did you have any males that you perhaps removed too late? Also it’s no big deal to clean up after a grow. Just wipe it all down. Also if it was a herm issue then there is not a bunch of pollen everywhere. Pollen is not viable very long also if you wet it down and wipe and just take a wet dry vac and you will be safe for the next grow as far as pollen is concerned. 50 plants is way too many for any size tent though. For instance I have a small space that is only 2ft deep by 6ft wide and 4.5ft tall and I have 4 plants going.

It was all clones that my mate got your right he was blinded by the money without thinking of the science that goes into the art of growing properly as I said there’s ten mothers in the smaller tent I’m thinking of letting them go another week and see if the good side keeps the bud growing as there’s some great coalas forming and it’s really getting pungent I honestly wish I could let you see them and you would see how much of a heartbreak this is the tent is 3m 3m 2m there’s 4 1000 w aircooled lights just when I’ve got everything dialled in correctly as in temps humidity extraction I get hermied for all that time of setting up I should have stuck with my own intuition and had everything set up properly before a plant was anywhere near the place but the way it was my mate got the clones before everything was set up so what happens you start having problems whether it be bringing fresh air in or extraction to temperature control humidity control this should all have been done before a plant even went near the tent. I was growing a setup over 10 years ago I had a 10 foot high ceiling I had 8 600 lights I grew everything from seed I started out with 50 seeds veged them for more than 6 months I ended up with 18 plants but everyone of them were like Christmas trees I had just turned them to flower but somebody opened there mouth and the place got busted. I think back now and think this was my second attempt at growing but I’ve been beaten again lol don’t get me wrong they 18 plants 12 or 13 years ago everyone was a mother and I would love to have known how much they would have yielded lol

Well as long as you learn from your mistakes, Next round will be better I’m sure.:slight_smile: You learn from each grow. I’m still a novice as I’ve only had about 7 -8 grows, But like I said , I learn more with each grow and then also each grow gets better barring any disasters.:slight_smile:

Totally agree pookie I’ve pumped £2000 of my own money into this so far my mate tried it with someone else and think he got 9oz he’s a good guy and he knows the type of person I am if I’m going to do something ile try and do as good as i can do lol believe me or not pookie I used to work on aircraft engines I was a thermal spray CNC programmer for G.E Aircraft Engine overhaul in the U.K. So atm we’ve got two 8" phresh hyperfans 1 8" rhino carbon filter and one 10" inline phresh carbon filter the equipment we’ve got is the dogs bolox as I was saying we should have taken our time to get all the equipment up and running day and night measuring our temperature and humidity and extraction before a plant was anywhere near the place that’s how I would have done it but my mate got 40 clones before we started there was allready 2 1000w lights he had plus a few carbon filters. But as it was equipment that I hadn’t worked with or known how much it had been worked I just more or less started from new with all the phresh equipment and two new aircooled lights two 8" rvks to blow over each pair of lights.its a great setup now but all the fuckups at the start has caused the plants to be too stressed and that’s what’s happened. Moral of the story don’t start till you’ve got everything dialled in then it’s you that’s in control of the environment and you won’t get any nasty surprises as you’ve allready prepared

Yeah if you got enclosed hoods with openings for ducts then you can evacuate all the heat easier, as 4k of lights is going to put out some serious heat. Did you get some a/c going?

I need to get my head back in the game pookie my temps just now are at highest going to 82f lowest 64f humidity is about 60 so need to get that down I’ve got a humidifier in there just now but it only has about a 1.5litre tank as I was saying after the past couple of days my inspiration has nearly died on me but I’m going to speak with someone who knows a bit more about the hermied situation just to see what or if anything can be done or chop it down and start from scratch but it’s seriously a heartbreaker after all the effort I’ve put in

Have some ideas for you and Its sounds like you have some money to spend. So I have to ask why your using tents.

If you want to get the humidity down you need a dehumidifier to pull the moisture out of the air a humidifier is raising the humidity… 82f temps in the tent is not so bad really