Further Down the Silk Road

Welcome to OG

I’ll tag along for the show

1 Like

Thank you, some very unique genetics with tremendous medicinal potential :heart:

3 Likes

I appreciate the welcome, and welcome aboard to the thread!

2 Likes

Seems interesting, I’ll keep an eye out. :slight_smile: Happy growing!

1 Like

Happy (over) growing to you too!

Welcome to OG @chiral.chemist . Check out the original members thread, the Canadian thread and the Introduce yourself thread if you have a mind to. Looking forward to the show.

3 Likes

Welcome back, and I’m looking forward to the grow. It should be great.-

2 Likes

Thank you kindly for the resources, I’ll certainly dip my toe in soon!

3 Likes

Hey there! I’m hoping there’s a few people like yourself who find the Red Lebanese intriguing :grin:

4 Likes

Welcome, WELCOME, W-E-L-C-O-M-E BACK!! All your expertise is surely worthy of drawing an anxious crowd!! Before it’s gets too crowded, I’m gonna take a seat in that far right corner. That’s where I like to observe everything. Wishing you continued success, stay safe, take special care, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I do for sure. I’ve been following @lefthandseeds and his journey and the Lebanese plants look really nice. Everyone that I’ve seen talk about it liked it. It seems like somebody was talking about the red Leb recently, but my stoner memory can be fleeting at times. Wishing best vibes on the grow. peace

5 Likes

Hey buddy! Good to see you here. I’m gonna puff on some Lebanese and tune in for the grow show!

7 Likes

Welcome mate. Look forward to tuning in, sounds like a killer cross

Nice, I did a couple years in that area in 99’/2000 loved it. The peak to Creek run was all time, that was before there was chair lift in Crackside so you’d have to hitch-hike back the village. 9 out of 10 people who stopped for a ride were burning a doob haha. Gotta love B.C

5 Likes

There he is! Really looking forward to sharing more Leb related knowledge!

1 Like

Oh man, Peak to Creek…just thinking about it makes my legs hurt :joy: Probably my favorite run if all time is hiking over to the Khyber ridge from the Peak and then shredding all the way to Creekside in like 2+ft of powder. Damn I miss that place so much!!!

2 Likes

Me too man, amazing lines and scenery. The little wooden cabin on the log slash run that was built by some locals like Devon Walsh and Chris Brown(I think) was a mandatory stop for a session, the crusty old bong in there got a hammering haha. Good memories

2 Likes

Ive been dreaming about going to bc for some snowboarding for years! Soon im going to make it happen. :heart_eyes: even some downhill biking would be wicked

4 Likes

UPDATE ZERO: Origin Story

I started this breeding project last year in 2020 utilizing a single pack of Silk Road beans. My overall goal of this endeavor is to line breed this cultivar to get as close to the Red Lebanese side for the genepool as possible, with further objectives of washing specifically for hash. According to cannabis lore, Red Lebanese was the favorite hashish of both legends Howard Marks (aka Mr. Nice) and Frenchy Cannoli! In some ways, this project is also a personal tribute to Frenchy on my part to honor his legacy and the positive impact of his teachings and knowledge he had on some many individuals :heart::pray:

What seemed like bad luck at the time, the Silk Road pack only yielded 3/12 females, however, as fate would have it, I pulled a beautiful male that had all the morphological characteristics of being Red Lebanese HP dominant. This is where things got interesting…:face_with_monocle:

This male was hit to the three females, which included NL1, PNWHP, and Red Lebanese HP dominant phenotypes, and thus provided a nice spread of focused F2 lines.

Here is picture of flowers on the NL1 dominant mother:

And the Red Lebanese HP dominant mother:

Finally, here is the seeded Red Leb dominant mother, which comprises the Silk Road F2 line I’m currently working forward from (Red Leb HP mom x Red Leb HP dad):

I’m very thankful I took SO MANY pictures from my grow of the F1 pack because these photos and notes have definitely helped define what I’m looking for as I select parents for the F3 generation. As a caveat, there really isn’t much information to go off for the Red Lebanese, except for a few pictures gleaned from Mr. Bob Hemphill and Hannah Boldt (…I might share these photos upon obtaining permission from them, but don’t feel comfortable until I do).

Stay tuned for UPDATE #1 coming soon… :nerd_face:

15 Likes

That’s the one at the top of the run that we always seshed in, little smoke shack was the mother ship haha

1 Like

Im along for the ride.
I liked Lebanese so much i crossed it with my blue cookies with fairly stunning results. Go to BigMike55’s Ongoing cannabis Log. My current grow has Blak N Blu Cookies. Awesome plant.

6 Likes