Garden center clones

My friend sent me this pic today of some clones for sale at a local garden center.
$20 CAD each.
Not something I would want to bring home :grimacing:

15 Likes

That is disgusting. I donā€™t take in outside clones but those are something else.

4 Likes

Youā€™re fine. This is actually good.
Health canada released a new study which confirms PM to be actually super duper good healthz

6 Likes

Hope you told him to get them out of his room asapā€¦ empty or not

2 Likes

He didnt buy any. The pic is the display at the garden center.

3 Likes

Wow!!! thatā€™s just not right :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

I would have walked in, walked right out, then come home taken a shower and burned all my clothes :joy:

5 Likes

He is a grower, but he was there to buy some annuals for his mom and saw the clones.
He had to send me the pic as a joke, he knows how much I despise PM.

4 Likes

Has anyone else seen clones for sale at nurseries/garden centers?
This is a first for me.

4 Likes

Not legal state hereā€¦ although a bill or two is pending.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard of a local nursery is selling them near me. I never checked it out
But in no way would I buy them. No way

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen some for sale at a couple of the Cannacrawls in Hamilton (they looked spotless and clean)

These, on the other hand :arrow_heading_up:ā€¦

Kill-It-With-Fire-2-1
:unamused:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

A Local nursery here has them for sale.
Wonā€™t bother though. Twice I tried to bring something in from another grow and had issues.
Iā€™ll just cut my own thanks.
Especially after seeing those. :v:

3 Likes

Someone should add a sign that says ā€œultra frosty!ā€

2 Likes

god I wish. Iā€™d switch jobs in a heart beat :joy: No california loves rules fines and regulations way too much to let normal decent people get away with a thing like that

2 Likes

This is exactly why we have issues constantly and they keep changing their laws etc. Garden centres should not be selling cuts whatsoever. The general public has no clue about quarantine, IPM or even what PM is. And might be these regardless thinking itā€™s gonna save time, and especially if they have no access too good genetics or itā€™s labeled as something that is on their list, then they bring it home, infect everything and ruin indoor/outdoor plots all because a nursery decided to test the grey areas. :weary: this is why regulations and strict rules/protocols are completely necessary. Hell look at what the government thinks is top shelf aaaa craft cannabis!? Gahbage! Almost 85% of their menu is trash. We need to reevaluate, step back and start over, fresh. They created this insane influx of home growers in the last 5 years by releasing crappy, dry af, non potent mids at astronomical prices. Then they complain they arenā€™t selling enough and too many are applying for ACMPR licenses :man_facepalming:t2: wow.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve told the managers of clone shops when i see pm on clones. This example is especially bad. Someone there doesnā€™t know what the f*ck they are doing!
Most likely they are misting the clones (as if they are ferns or tropical plants). Of course thereā€™s no airflow either.
Gross!

4 Likes

1 Like

Youā€™d hope that if anyone knew, itā€™d be an honest to goodness nursery :roll_eyes: But then again I find fully rotted veggies at the grocery store sometimes :man_shrugging: But please enough with the rules and regs :joy: Hold em liable for damages caused by their negligent IPM and spread word of mouth, that should be enough incentive to get garden centers to do the right thing AND get the general public savvy about the issue. People are already used to judging their food at the grocery store - looking at the color, sniffing it, squeezing it - itā€™s not much of a leap to check out their veggies starts, they just need to know the signs to look for.

The government solution would probably be individual lab testing of every plant and thatā€™s just going to price out normal people from competing against walmart and burpee in the garden business, and consumers stay just as ignorant as they were before

3 Likes

Sadly most nurseries have no general knowledge of anything other than ā€œkeep soil moistā€ itā€™s sad really. At least in Ontario the few that I know that run nursery centres couldnā€™t tell you much besides names of plants etc, and the price of any soil or amendments, but ask what their IPM protocols are ā€œhuh?ā€ Or ask what they do when plants have ā€œpmā€ most will say put them to sleep, definitely not like the old days anymore where you could walk in and ask the guy questions and walk out with a wealth of knowledge now itā€™s a shoulder shrug or ā€œidk ask googleā€ smh

3 Likes